Absolute WTF: Strange noises underground such as digging, eating, etc while on SINGLEPLAYER.

The incident recorded at the link above.

I swear to god this isn't faked! I hear noises like eating, mining, picking up blocks etc. It happened when I was digging my mineshaft ladder downward. I'm on a singleplayer world. What would do this? I'm seriously freaked out and I havn't been back on the world since.

I believe those are just ambient noises that occur when a unlit small hole exists near by.

no, they aren't i have no idea what that was. I have been playing minecraft for close to six months now, and that gave me the chills. I have literally heard nothing like that.

no, they aren't i have no idea what that was. I have been playing minecraft for close to six months now, and that gave me the chills. I have literally heard nothing like that.

Matmos. It adds TONS of ambient noises depending on your surroundings and biome, so it wouldn't surprise me if it added some creepy "HOLY SHIT SOMEONE'S RIGHT BEHIND ME" noises.

Basically:

Your using tekkit for singleplayer. Tekkit is made for multiplayer so weird gogle ragles are happening.

TEKKIT=Multiplayer

Technic=Singleplayer

If you mix them up, weird unintended things happen.

Hehe, nice try.

Tekkit works just fine in SSP, I've done it several times. Usually I just do it briefly to test how something will work with the exact same versions of mods that I have in SMP, but I've actually played a decent amount of time that way. If you're not interested in any of the mods added by Technic, then there's no sense switching back and forth between the two.

I've never heard any creepy noises playing Tekkit single player. I'm curious to know the cause.

Its because your trying to play tekkit in SMP, so theres lots of problems, etc with TEKKIT ssp, your meant to play technic SSP and tekkit SMP.

I'm fairly certain it's not because he's playing tekkit in singleplayer, because I experienced the exact same thing yesterday playing Technic SSP.

Said thing being the sounds of running, mining, eating, glass breaking, and other such noises as I was looking through a chest.

Not sure what it was.

Ok, so by now I'm assuming it's Matmos adding sounds. Just for the record, I don't like Mo Creatures and Millenaire so that's why I play Tekkit on SSP instead of Technic.

It wasn't MAtmos, I had that disabled when I was experiencing the same thing as you.

I've had this, your sound files are most likely corrupted. What your hearing is most likely the sound of dripping lava or mobs. Mine got corrupted so that mobs dying in sunlight had the sound of chests opening, it really freaked me out :o Try re-installing tekkit!

GUYS PRESS F7 to disable MATMOS sounds. I had the same annoying sounds and many others just press F7 every time you open a game to turn them off and PERONNALY MATMOS SUCKS!!!

It wasn't MAtmos, I had that disabled when I was experiencing the same thing as you.

Guest Alex Mindock

You guys are all wrong. It's just Herobrine running around. XD

That has to be it! I was playing Tekkit single player today and I heard a chest open. I didn't have any chests placed in the world at the time...

Guest Alex Mindock

Unwarranted chest sounds = nearby Crafting Table 3

Didn't have one. I was clearing out a house before I moved. Everything was picked up

• 2 months later...

I was was playing Tekkit Single Player tonight and I heard sounds too. I was on the surface, though, not underground. It was chests opening and closing, pressure plates clicking, footsteps, dirt blocks breaking, and item pick-up noises, often in quick succession. At first it only happened when it rained and I though maybe they changed the ambient sounds because it's almost Halloween? But it seems glitchy. I'm not going to lie, it's pretty freaky. Thoughts of Herobrine pop into your head pretty quick...

It took a couple hours for the sounds to glitch out. Maybe it's just Tekkit pointing out that I shouldn't be playing for so long... Anyway, I'm glad it's not just me.