[3.1.2]BROVENTURETIME!!![PVP][50-Slots][OPEN][TOWNY,iCONOMY,SLOTS,CUSTOMBIOMES][NOEE]

Malicered

I don't really like this which is my opinnion, The EE's allways disabled. There's more chance of 1000 peeps joining if you had ALL MODS ENABLED, But having like EE Disabled, Peeps aren't gonna wanna have fun on here

That varies. Just like PvP, or griefing, or factions.. EE is something that some people want to be enabled, and some people do not want enabled, which is why there are plenty of both types of servers represented. Some people find it is important for them to have fun, others find it to be a fun killer... and as was already pointed out, it is an economy killer.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Planning to remove uu matter recipes. Not the iridium ore though. Unfortuantely it's not as easy as changing settings in config files. So I went on these forums for a little request for assistance. Heh. Hopefully we can implement this by today provided we get any advice.

Username DEADxSHOT

Are you available to use Skype:No i do not have a mic

Timezone:USA

Hours of your regular online times:Everyday

A small introduction of yourself:Iam friendy and will help with all problems and i am really good at tekkit

What are your skills: (E.G Plugins, ComputerCraft, Moderating, Building)I know about amost all tekkit stuff except computercraft or redpower

Proof of these skills: (Example Media Here)I cannot take pics for some weird reason my laptop wont let me take it in game

What do you prefer: Popularity from the players or Interest of the Server

Interest of the server

Decision making Skills

You see two players arguing. You go to investigate and learn that one of the players has destroyed one of the other's creation? What are the steps you take to fix the problem?

Ask the player who destroyed the creation 'why did you destroy the machine thats consedered griefing'*Send to jail*

Player A wants to Donate 15$ to the server. You see that I'm not online. You know how to set up the rank and know my email. What do you do?

Email you that a player has donated the 15$ and wait for your approval to set up his rank

(Factor the rules of my server in this one)

You see a younger player being raided. He's crying and pleading the raiders to stop, but they don't show any signs of stopping anytime soon. How do you deal with the situation.

Stop them by putting them in jail and give back the items he lost

(Factor the rules of my server in this one)

You invited your best friend to the server. You see him get into a dispute with another player. How do you deal with the situation, and what do you do if that solution does not work.

Use common sense and help them out by getting them to stop and if it dousnt work i mute them for 20 minutes and then unmute one and ask him if he learned his leason and do the same about the other

I don't really like this which is my opinnion, The EE's allways disabled. There's more chance of 1000 peeps joining if you had ALL MODS ENABLED, But having like EE Disabled, Peeps aren't gonna wanna have fun on here, Just saying bro, Thats a tip to your server, Maybe if you ask me kindly i'll donate a £10 per month, If you show the server how much you love it!

As I've told many people on Malice's server thus far, I'll reiteriate here.

Why are you complaining that EE is not enabled on this server? There are PLENTY of other servers, hosted on this very website included, which house EE and have it fully enabled. If theres a problem, (and this one goes for others that whine about EE being disabled) you can choose another server. You aren't bound by chains and law to play on this particular server at any given time.

Secondly, its Malice's server. Even if he wanted to enact democracy, its his choice to full control without vote on his server as well. I'm fully comfortable with the way things are being run, and I hope that things continue to run as smooth as they have been. (Given, that Towny stops blowing up in our faces.)

Planning to remove uu matter recipes. Not the iridium ore though. Unfortuantely it's not as easy as changing settings in config files. So I went on these forums for a little request for assistance. Heh. Hopefully we can implement this by today provided we get any advice.

You could always just disable the mass fabricator entirely. Iridium is only really used for making quantum armor, and it is silly strong anyway. You could always just have iridium as an NPC sell item instead.

hey malicered am i accepted?

No you aren't. Due to the fact that you've been harassing me on the issue all of this time. Usually means that you're too impatient to be one of my staff members.

That's how I am. Constantly looking and testing to see who is worthy of what. Mostly though, I observe.

Back to the topic.

In a few hours, I will be implementing DeathPrice. Pretty much means that when you die, your money is lost. This will make things more challenging. Heh.

This is a brief assessment of the server from a commited MC Tekkiter for those interested in playing here.

After joining about 15-18 days ago, I was immediately pleased by the server plugins, and the almost virgin world. It felt like a great place to "set up shop". I began to talk to several players I had met throughout my SMP experiences, inviting them to come and conquer! We quicky got a basic factory up and going, HV solar arrays, MFSUs and all the power we would need. Got our gang in nano and then the servers tech issues started.

Towny went wonky several times. plugin conflicts started mounting up over and over with almost 2 full days of down time. All in all we lost the protections on the plots we had 4 times. We lost our balances 4 times. In essence we had to start over each time there was a "glitchy plugin." The "compensation events" that were to be for those that lost bank balances or plots were buggy themselves with items giving no cash or not being 'picked up' when it was dropped by a mob. One so-to-speak compensation event didnt even happen in the EU timezone where a few of our residents reside. There was a point where the mob rewards were completely turned off and the shop was turned off, leaving effectively no means to generate money at all. The only way was to "Vote" for the server. How could I vote for something that was so bad?

After losing the town balance and plots the 3rd time, I voiced how upset I was in chat and was muted by the admin. I understand how frustrated he was with the plugins themselves, and the coding, but to punish a player for no real reason seems pretty insecure.

The server has lag issues, as well as faulty plugin nodes. Rather than taking the server down for regular maintenance say once per week for 12 hours, the techs "fix on the fly", which means continual plugin changes for the player base. Although this may go well on a server with children as its primary market, young adults and college or career oriented gamers would obviously be upset.

The owner seems to care far more about getting the 20-60$ donation from someone, than those clients using the server. It came across as a money grab sometimes, which I understand that MC servers are at the moment. Its ok to try to get donations; however, to constantly talk about only donations is a bit over the top.

The server is not professional by all means; it is coded as a pass time and hobby.

I have to say thank you to a few of the mods that were somewhat helpful or at least understood the frustrating circumstances of contact plugin changes. Our team was grateful!

As a plus side and a positive to the admins and mods, the spawn area was a very great attraction. (: To the builder - I hope you put it in your portfolio! :)

In saying all that I hope the owners and admins take this as feedback, and not an attack. Overall I enjoy my tekkit experience, hardcore pvp, glitchy tech or otherwise. However, I would never promote this server to anyone.

There is your free bump Malice. Sadly you couldn't even have an adult conversation with me. :/

Attacking the server..

This assessment isn't in fact a assessment at all. It's an attack of my server because of said user being angry about losing his protection. This player on more then one occasion, lash out of me because of the recent plugin corruption that my server had.

As you can see this player refers to himself as a team, but was actually surprised to find out it was only him, and another player. So please, don't be fooled by his half witted attempt at making him self seem official.

I confess, we have alot of bugs. But I'm sure, these are bugs shared throughout the community as a whole, not just my server. Be assured that I take great pride in my server and do all I can to make it as presentable as I possibly can to my ability.

My server is not in any means perfect, as stated above by this child, we've been "tweaking" as we go to achieve the most stable and balanced gameplay that I can achieve to my vision.

As for my two days of downtime, I was fully aware of the situation, and wasn't in fact the fault of my server, but a bit of "Upgrade" time. Because as you know, the mounting popularity of my server demands that I upgrade it to keep my users happy. But yes, My hoster dropped the ball on upgrading.

Exhibit A: https://twitter.com/Broventuretime

As you can see, I posted updates to keep my playerbase fully aware of the situation. If you care enough to look, I was very upset at the situation.

As far as a laggy server goes, My server doesn't lag. It has a constant 20TPS. Perhaps the child above meant today when the Towny was corrupting itself. Oh yes, it was corrupting. And It wasn't my players, my hoster, but simply how tekkit is different then bukkit. Shit happens. Live with it or go.

All and all, when I started this server, I knew nothing about server hosting, but I learned. And I've experienced dozens of problems. And because of those problems, I've learned alot more every time.

All I care about is Donations- The server isn't free in anyway to me. The work isn't easy in anyway. The moderating isn't easy in anyway. Explain to me what's wrong with offering incentive for donations? Don't bother, because chances are if you aren't a Contributor, you have no right to speak on the matter. And really, in what way does my Incentives rob you of your experience? Nothing at all, there's absolutely nothing stripped from your gameplay. Nothing is locked. Well, other then the EE and Belkon's weaponmod. But that is because these mods are fully able to shred this server asunder.

Mydiamonz, you first came to my server as a troubling leecher. Demanding things from my server, and trying to dename me. I surely have not enjoyed your presence and am very glad that you and "your team" are leaving. Next time you get butthurt about something, perhaps you may wish to present it in a constructive way, not this shagged down insult to my server.

Fact:No one is going to care to read this. Other then mods looking for some pass time. So please take your "assessment" elsewhere to people who would actually give two shits, MyDiamonz. But anyone can see this is just a rant from some pissed off kid because he couldn't get his items back.

Unrelated note: You need two adults to have an adult conversation.

Username: Ethazoid

Are you available to use Skype: no sorry but you can email me at [email protected]

Timezone: Brisbane?

Hours of your regular online times: 3:30-8

A small introduction of yourself:i love playing with others and browsing for good servers where i can build

What are your skills: (E.G Plugins, ComputerCraft, Moderating, Building

i can use anything in tekkit

Proof of these skills: (Example Media Here)

umm... i will show you in the server

What do you prefer: Popularity from the players or Interest of the Server: i like servers that are fair and that a majority of the players like!