Is this unusual?

atimeforglory

• 2 weeks later...

I was exploring random seeds, and I found this forest today, chock full of silverwood trees. It's like this for a solid 1,000 blocks away. Is this normal? I thought I read that silverwood trees were supposed to be rare-ish?

20120916155356.jpg

20120916155409.jpg

I have found the best possible technic seed it is: -543947599104515983. It spawns you in a paradise island with plenty of trees, AWESOME lagoons and beaches, 2 HUGE oil spouts, a somewhat big volcano (cone for those of you wondering), And so far i have found a huge cavern deep underneath with crap loads of ores that are nessicary for all of the mods, 7 diamonds in this cavern, tons of uranium, and a monolith. Only one thing is missing are rubber sap trees so that is what i am going to look for. Any1 got any ideas for this islands name? take a look at it and tell me your thoughts

I have found the best possible technic seed it is: -543947599104515983. It spawns you in a paradise island with plenty of trees, AWESOME lagoons and beaches, 2 HUGE oil spouts, a somewhat big volcano (cone for those of you wondering), And so far i have found a huge cavern deep underneath with crap loads of ores that are nessicary for all of the mods, 7 diamonds in this cavern, tons of uranium, and a monolith. Only one thing is missing are rubber sap trees so that is what i am going to look for. Any1 got any ideas for this islands name? take a look at it and tell me your thoughts

...Borderline necro plus oil, volcanos, monoliths and most other mod things are random.

So basically you found a seed that spawns you on an island.

Hmm, but could this be considered thread jacking?

Also, I never understood people's fascination with a "good" seed.

Every single seed has all these things. Maybe they don't spawn you on an island, but a bit of wandering will find that.

There are "good" seeds out there, mostly ones with interesting large land formations that make an interesting dynmap of a server.

But no one cares about that. They just want "7 diamonds and lots of ores in a cave!."

Ok, end rant, just my opinion, people can do what they want.

Hmm, but could this be considered thread jacking?

Also, I never understood people's fascination with a "good" seed.

Every single seed has all these things. Maybe they don't spawn you on an island, but a bit of wandering will find that.

There are "good" seeds out there, mostly ones with interesting large land formations that make an interesting dynmap of a server.

But no one cares about that. They just want "7 diamonds and lots of ores in a cave!."

Ok, end rant, just my opinion, people can do what they want.

The only reason I ever use seeds is to either recreate something in creative that is just perfect or to "Checout this wiked awome saed bro!!14!"

Seeds are also very good for snapshots and testing out new mechanics in minecraft. I know that theres a seed floating around somewhere that will spawn you next to a village and also close to a temple, if not 2.

Thats what I was getting at. I don't tend to use them for actual worlds

Personally I create seeds that are memorable to me: My favorite Technic Recommended Build's seed is AlChestBreach (Which translates into numbers I don't want to remember), so created 'word' seeds works for me.

That way if I want to share the seed I can just say, "Yeah, it's [word]," as opposed to, "Yeah, it's -238771538275839279157kajillion."

But these seeds are random ideas from my head - I don't like to 'pick' worlds or I never seem to find the 'right' one. It has to be just perfect, and a random seed or one of my machination generally does that better than, "Oh hey that screenshot looks nice... Maybe I'll... Nope, there's no waterfall."

• Moderators

Before technic, when I was still playing with vanilla, the only reason I fooled around with "worded" seeds was to get one with pumpkins close to spawn. I seemed to get pumpkin-less worlds for some reason.

But thanx to thecnic I have ALL THE PUmPKins I wAnT!

THX KAKER 4 Tha PumPKINS!!! U R AWZUM!!