[1.1.8]Resilience Freebuild Server[24/7][Graylist][PvE][Survival][20 slots][Mumble]

ks7

In-game name: TheRomanHero

Why do i want to play on this tekkit server? I want to play on this server because i'm looking for a nice server with not too many players. I'm pretty good at science and equivalent exchange.

Playing since late early beta.

Resilience Freebuild Server!

24/7, Dedicated Host

x96jH.jpg

Live Dynmap

HERE

Screenshots

HERE

Until recently, this server was a private server used by myself, a few personal friends, and a few members of my guild in World of Warcraft. With the recent release of the new expansion, the server has become relatively quiet, so I've decided to open it up to the public in hopes of getting some new expansion going and getting some fresh minds to start new projects.

The bulk of our work has been centered around the pictured town, which is located fairly far away from the spawn area. Fortunately, we spent a few days building a minecart line with automated stations to connect it to the spawn area, as well as a foot path in case the minecarts are acting up. Right now most of the buildings are individual homes and workshops, but we do have a large power station as well as a coke works and steel mill in addition to the aforementioned minecart line.

Seeing as this server has been used by friends until this point, there are no plugins other than a backup plugin and WorldEdit (everything we've built has been built by hand, we only use WorldEdit for fixing unintended disasters such as reactor meltdowns). I would like to keep it that way by trusting new players, and by outlining a few very simple and easy to follow rules:

1. Respect other players and their creations. Most of us have worked hard on our homes and creations, and we hope that new players will display the same cooperation and respect that we have to one another.

2. No stealing. We don't keep our doors locked because we don't mind showing off our hard work to each other. This works as long as people have mutual respect for each other's property.

3. Keep the server pretty. This has two different parts; number one, try to keep your buildings aesthetically pleasing. No one wants to see a big mismatched pile of cobblestone and dirt in the middle of town. Also, please check with myself or one of the OPs before starting any major construction. You don't need to ask about putting up a small house in town, but I'd rather know ahead of time if someone is planning on building a skyscraper right next to someone's cattle farm or a giant quarry right next to/under someone's house. The second part is keeping the land looking nice. If a creeper blows up on you and makes a crater in the middle of town, fill it back in. If you cut down a bunch of trees, replant them. We have tools such as WorldEdit and world backups to fix major problems, but it's much easier to just do your part and fix the small things on the spot.

I am editing this to include the use of Destruction Catalysts for mining. You may use them for construction/ excavation, but I am sick of having to fill in giant underground voids created by mining with them.

4. Be mature and creative. I have been playing since Alpha myself, but experience with Tekkit or Minecraft in general is by no means required (I've taught most of our current players everything they now know about Tekkit), but maturity and creativity is. If your idea of creativity is a giant golden dong, then don't bother applying. Because of the mature atmosphere we've created, we have NOT banned any items in the game, and we hope to be able to keep it that way.

These rules are fairly simple to understand, so I'm going to be strict with enforcing them. If players don't seem to be able to follow them, I will implement anti-grief plugins as necessary, or I may just switch it back to a private use server. That being said, I really look forward to getting some fresh players and new creations into our world. We're a friendly, relaxed group of people, and outside of the occasional creeper-related heart attack, we generally have a good time.

While EE is enabled and we leave its specific use up to individuals, we GENERALLY frown upon using Energy Collectors. We take a lot of pride in the fact that all of our creations have been made from scratch, and we feel that doing things that way leaves you with a much greater sense of accomplishment and a lot more satisfaction than conjuring items out of thin air. Once again, you are free to use it if you wish, but we take a lot of pride in being able to say that we built everything that we have by hand and from scratch.

If you are interested in playing on the server, please post the following information in a reply:

• In game name
  • Minecraft experience to date
  • Why do you want to play on our server? (You are NOT going to get whitelisted if you don't make me believe that you are willing to put a little time into your application and show that you actually care).

We often use Ventrilo or Skype while we are playing, and we will be happy to let new players in on both. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in a reply or in a private message, and I'll try to reply ASAP. More screenshots of the server can be found HERE.

We look forward to playing with you!

RULES UPDATE (10/22)

Because we have been having more issues with players, I am instituting a few new rules to help mitigate lag and to help get rid of annoying players.

1. If you DO build a MkII/ MkII collector flower, you are NOT to run around handing out DM,RM, and other items to other players. A LOT of people are starting to get VERY annoyed with bored players running around handing out stacks of stuff, and I'm getting sick of it as well. I don't care if you want to ruin the game for yourself by using collectors, but do NOT ruin it for players that want to do things legitimately. Helping each other is fine, but only if someone specifically requests it. If you plan on building a MkIII array, churning out RM, and then getting bored and screwing around a day later, don't bother applying in the first place.

2. ALL redstone circuits/ machines MUST have toggle switches, and they MUST be turned off when you log out. The lag from all of the active circuits/ blaze rod generators/ item sorters/ factory is getting to the point where the server is crashing simply because of the amount of stuff running. I don't mind if you just forget to flip a switch off, but if I see people leaving blaze rod generators running while they're not on after being warned, I'm going to make sure it stays off permanently.

3. Poorly designed (i.e laggy) machines WILL be torn down if they are not fixed. I saw someone's base earlier today with a giant square of cabling, and I'm tired of seeing people not fix things like that. If you have questions about how to make machines as lag free as possible, ask me, one of the OPs, your fellow players, or just google it.

4. DO NOT mess around with other people's property. Someone decided to dig right into a guild mate's tunnels when building their shop (which, by the way, also was causing a ton of lag with a pedestal). If I start seeing stuff like this again, I'm not going to be giving warnings about it anymore.

I want to keep the server as unrestricted as possible, and I would rather sacrifice a few players that can't follow the rules than punish the ones that can. I'll give everyone a grace period of a few days to fix their machines and to read the new rules, but after that, I'm going to be enforcing them strictly, and I will instruct the OPs to do the same.

Speaking of item bans...

I was curious, are nukes banned? if not we should think about it.

I know we have a really good group of peeps on the server and grief-ing is limited but you never know.

Yes, Nukes are banned after a few incidents with them (that, and they have no other use but explosions)

In-game name: TheRomanHero

Why do i want to play on this tekkit server? I want to play on this server because i'm looking for a nice server with not too many players. I'm pretty good at science and equivalent exchange.

Playing since late early beta.

Oh Lord, WHYYY....please don't reply with the ENTIRE OP..... xD

We need your in-game name please (even if it's your Technic forum name) and a little more clarification in the description please :D

I'll try and add him in a few minutes, Mil; Keep him out of trouble and we're good :P

Sounds good; I'll try and get you added sometime today, thanks!

my name is xXghaddictXx

Minecraft experience to date: ever since 1.8 and now just tekkit

Why do you want to play on our server?my best friend wanted me to help and i love tekkit. i have a sykpe and all the materials and if it helps me my friend is cloneco he really wants me in and i would love for this sever to b my first tekkit server. thx

I can vouch for him. He will not greif and is a responsible player

• In game name: MMWong
  • Minecraft experience to date: Played vinilla Minecraft since Beta and Tekkit for 2 months(Sorry for the little experience!)
  • Why do you want to play on our server: I have wanted a quiet server that I could make friends without geting griefed by unfriendly players(and believe me, there are TONS of those guys), and also to build some cool stuff for a great server like your's, like building parks and libraries and a little cozy inn that people could sleep in.
  • P.S. I also have Skype that you could add, my name is: malcolmkywong.

In game name: leafyway

Minecraft expereince to date: I have been playing minecraft for about two-three months and have been playing single player tekkit for about a month hoping to find a server.

Why do you want to play on our server: I want to play with people that can teach me more about tekkit without worry of grief or thieves. Also, I see that your server is 24/7 which is a plus for me since I keep random hours. I fully appreciate the rules you have listed and that is another reason I wanted to play on the server- I just want to build and have fun.

I cant get on the server :/ havnt been able to get on all week

Just says Connection refused o.O why ??

Also could an Admin please go to my (new) house and world edit all the ice away please ??

I tried using a terraformer but it just screwed everything up lol

So please.. remove the ice and water :) and replace the water so its a fountain along the base :)

Ty

I wish i could get on the server but my comp has died D: I'm posting this so you all know that I haven't abandoned my home I'm just incapable of coming on :/ During this time though I will be doing a lot of studying up on Tekkit builds and stuff and when I return it will hopefully be with some epic stuff ready for the server :D (I already found a build on making a 3 way switch system for a elevator with railcraft and red power.) If anyone needs to contact me send me a PM and I will try as much as I can to respond to you. Remember the Fluffy Internet loves you all <3

I'm sure others have noticed too, but this last week or so the world tick rate seems to have taken a real hit. Even with 4 people online it can get really bad.

The admin team seem to have stopped the random crashes we had a while ago. (remember all the downtime) and good on them for that.

Just wondered if we can look into what has suddenly causing this performance hit.

I did notice the tick rate took a hit after I suspect the watch of flowing time was used.

Timing on the server is out the window at the moment at times. My short train track that used be smooth now is slower than walking, and things like rs engines that use ticks to calculate temp' take an age to heat up, or heat up in a matter of seconds.

Something changed on the server in the last 2 weeks. A build or someone's actions or maybe just the hard drive needs defragging / optimising. It could be anything.

Just want to start looking at solutions before it gets so bad we can't avoid it....

PS: Maybe related maybe not. Sometimes back ups are taking forever. And huge lag spikes are happening often.

Also I am judging the drop in world ticks on the Sun and moon movement. Glitchy sun and moon and almost always a side affect of ticks trying to catch up.

Also i have a digital clock that jumps all over the place at the moment. Backwards, forwards etc.

Also Did this ever get sorted ??

Or is it just the End of the world starting to take affect for the Mayan Calander Ending :)

Also could an Admin please go to my (new) house and world edit all the ice away please ??

So please.. remove the ice and water :) and replace the water so its a fountain along the base :)

Ty

Its not my fault i just wanted to help

Ty

Didn't know that; should have said something sooner. That being said, I don't know why you wouldn't be able to login properly.

Also Did this ever get sorted ??

Or is it just the End of the world starting to take affect for the Mayan Calander Ending :)

It's an on-going process of me flying around trying to find the last 7 Railcraft Anchors in the world somewhere >.>

Its not my fault i just wanted to help

Never said it was anyones fault lol :)

It just didnt work as planned lol :)

So going to get it sorted

Didn't know that; should have said something sooner. That being said, I don't know why you wouldn't be able to login properly.

It's an on-going process of me flying around trying to find the last 7 Railcraft Anchors in the world somewhere >.>

And i didnt say anything because i thought it might of been issues with the server, But after a week of it happening, Its pretty clear its on my end as no one else here has reported issues

Also is it possible there is a Watch of Flowing Time in use ?? as thats also a good way to mess stuff up lol :)

Could KS just change all world anchors into Dirt ? (i dont know how, but i know you can use the Item codes to change 1 item into another)

Never said it was anyones fault lol :)

It just didnt work as planned lol :)

So going to get it sorted

And i didnt say anything because i thought it might of been issues with the server, But after a week of it happening, Its pretty clear its on my end as no one else here has reported issues

Also is it possible there is a Watch of Flowing Time in use ?? as thats also a good way to mess stuff up lol :)

Could KS just change all world anchors into Dirt ? (i dont know how, but i know you can use the Item codes to change 1 item into another)

Fixed your ice to water for you last night. And there might be a watch, but I haven't been able to find it yet. And no, I can't just change it to dirt/air/whatever, not without a plugin we don't have or this would have been over and done over a month ago xD I can't do an area bigger than 100block radius (200 block area) without breaking the server, which really limits how easy it is to find them. The only way to remove blocks already PLACED in the world is a plugin like WOrldGuard, or making a new world xD Hence why I've been so busy searching for this stuff.

~Epyon

World guard would add to our problems imo. Adding a load to the server that's not needed.

Also according to this thread i am about to link it can be done with "tekkit rrestrict" that uses a hell of a lot less resources than world guard.

linky: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/server-is-overloaded-with-world-anchors-please-help.27729/

Edit, also worth noting that plugins etc are out of Epy's hands so manual search and then terminate with extreme prejudice is the only option open at present.

........................................................................................

That's a new plugin called "Scott guard".

to cut back on load it prevents Scottish people from loging in.

Seems to be working.....

Seriously though that sucks, :( but yeah it seems to be on your end.

World guard would add to our problems imo. Adding a load to the server that's not needed.

Also according to this thread i am about to link it can be done with "tekkit rrestrict" that uses a hell of a lot less resources than world guard.

linky: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/server-is-overloaded-with-world-anchors-please-help.27729/

Edit, also worth noting that plugins etc are out of Epy's hands so manual search and then terminate with extreme prejudice is the only option open at present.

........................................................................................

That's a new plugin called "Scott guard".

to cut back on load it prevents Scottish people from loging in.

Seems to be working.....

Seriously though that sucks, :( but yeah it seems to be on your end.

Well that just sucks :( God Damn English !!1!! (Oh wait.. I am English) God Damn English !!!!!

On the upside

I got on earlier for like 20 seconds.... (go me)

then BOOM gone....

Seems to only be this server thou...

Gonna try remove Tekkit and reinstall.. Only thing left to do i guess :(

Bye bye Bookmarks

• IGN: Joe_Pointon
  • Minecraft experience to date: Played minecraft for short amount of time then got tekkit and have been hooked. I know quite alot about buildcraft and industrial craft a little about redpower and not much at all about computer craft (but am willing to learn)
  • Why do you want to play on our server? i want to play on this server because I'm board of public servers that have to many people and greifers on them. I like to play with other people as we can then form a community with people who know about mods that you can ask and they can ask you if they need help.

Much appreciated.

On the upside

then BOOM gone....

Bye bye Bookmarks

How do you normaly close tekkit and log off? Do you hit Disconnect on the menu, or do you usually just "x" the window closed? If you usually just close the window, you might have corrupted your server login file like Silver did the other week; I can fix that by deleting your login file on the server, but you'll lose your spawn and your current inventory (if you use alch bags, those will retain their inventories thank goodness). If you think that is the case, let me know and I can do that for you (I'll backup that file just in case that's not it).

~Epy

Well that just sucks :( God Damn English !!1!! (Oh wait.. I am English) God Damn English !!!!!

On the upside

then BOOM gone....

Bye bye Bookmarks

Try that but i have been getting on the server just fine no lag or anything odd at all. Though that seems a bit strange because there always is a little frame rate lag.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons