[1.1.8]Resilience Freebuild Server[24/7][Graylist][PvE][Survival][20 slots][Mumble]

ks7

Like I've said before. Anything I'[ve built once can be built again. I have no issues with a map reset.

If, collectors and the like are banned I appeal to the OP's that condenser are not. There is far too much refuse from a quarry (cobble, dirt) for me to do anything with, aside from incinerating or building an automatic crafting system for stone bricks. Then selling them.

Like I've said before. Anything I'[ve built once can be built again. I have no issues with a map reset.

If, collectors and the like are banned I appeal to the OP's that condenser are not. There is far too much refuse from a quarry (cobble, dirt) for me to do anything with, aside from incinerating or building an automatic crafting system for stone bricks. Then selling them.

or be sent into recyclers to make scrap to make quantom armour and other things that can be made with uumatter ; )

The server is back up, and now that I'm at home, I'll give you guys a little more input on my feelings/ current plan.

First of all, I will not be removing EE or the condensers anytime soon, and the same goes to the collectors/ relays. I MAY eventually decide to do away with MkII/ MkIII varieties, but it's mainly based on how well people can control themselves. That being said, TrypHazard brought up a good point about the economic implications of EE, and it's definitely something that has been on my mind for a while. I have no problem in saying that it's a little imbalanced (I don't want to say unfair, because that implies that using EE is unfair) for someone using collectors to be trying to sell materials alongside someone that isn't. I have been toying around with ideas in my head such as not allowing players to sell condensed items to other players, but I am still looking for solutions. On a related note, I DO very much like that the EMC system gives you a fairly accurate guide to base item pricing on.

As far as starting a new world goes, I feel the same way about doing it quickly rather than dragging it out for weeks. I can tell you that I still consider it a last resort, and there are only 2 conditions that I will do it under - #1, if the lag issues get bad enough that they can't be fixed by simply removing old machines/etc, and #2, if people get bored enough with the current world that a majority of players want to start over fresh. We actually did get a lot of improvement after going through and fixing issues the other week, although there have been issues over the last 2 days with lag that I haven't been able to fix yet. I also want to make a quick note here - when I talk about lag, 99% of the time I'm talking about server lag, adn that's the type of lag I'm concerned with. Graphical lag and connection lag are both things that are fairly out of my control, but both are also things that we haven't seemed to have issues with. I also want to make a note that if I DO ever start a new world, I will probably let the OPs know a day or so in advance so that they can help me setup some basic buildings/ etc on a new one. In addition, I will definitely hang on to copies of the old world in case we decide to go back (AND so that you can take a little comfort in knowing that your creations haven't actually been deleted).

out of curiosity, is it possible that yourself or an op are able to use WE to make a schematic of my house ? (in the event of a new map)

I would like to copy it over to single player test world of tekkit.

Just not sure If that is doable or not as I have only ever used WE schematic files in SSP.

Or, in the event of a new map make the old one available for download ? Again I'm not sure if that works or not when using tekkit in SSP mode.

I do know it won't work in Technic that's for sure. But would be kinda nice if we could have the old world and all it's creations as a single player tekkit world.

• In game name: Qancel
  • Minecraft experience to date: MC for about a year. Tekkit for about six months. I am uncertain to how accurate the figures are though.
  • Why do you want to play on our server?: I'm looking for a stable server, one that wont die within a week. I'm hoping this will be the one. Recently I have joined several servers. One at the time. All died within the period of two weeks. Mostly because people built a power flower and then got bored and in some cases because the admins got bored and stopped logging in.
  • Other: As far as I know I do not have any bans. If you require more information to make your decision whether or not I am to be allowed on the server or not. Just state what you wish to know and I will do my best to supply you with the data you require.

Well hopefully KS's words on the matter should slow down the pitchforks that V00doo warned me about!

As a reminder, the first line of my first post on this did just say it was only a SUGGESTION for the FAR DISTANT FUTURE for IF/WHEN ks should decide to renew the map and that i invited comments should anyone see a problem with that. Its actually been good to see how people feel about it and i think we can probably leave it to KS to inform us of his plans as and when they arise. :D

its going pretty good just in the section about roman literature and how it compairs with the eariler greek versions. (current word count 983)

You do realize your essay is going to be down-graded for spelling mistakes and grammatical errors, not to mention going totally off-topic. By that standard you could write encyclopaedia on the subject and still fail miserably!

Hey I know i new to this server but i wanted to input my opinion on this EE situation.

I personally really enjoy the use of EE and being a Mighty Mage. but i completely agree that it is way to easy to be OP with EE. On the other hand IC2 and BC items can not (for the most part) be duplicated with EE, just the raw materials that are needed. I cant speak for anyone but myself, however after a while i really hate going down and mining for 2 hours just to find a couple of ores that i need running the risk of getting exploded by a creeper or falling in lava, which happened 2 times to me already and i had to basically start from scratch. That is very frustrating, so if i can avoid that by just turning some useless junk into what i need saving time. I still have to do a lot of work to build IC2 or BC items which i plan to do.

If Minecraft is not a game were there is not a clear objective or a straight winner or loser, you should then not get comfortable just focusing on one aspect of the game, there is so much you can build, so why limit that? Yes there are people who go around dicking around with their loads of EMC, but dont take it out on people who dont do that. So far i really enjoy the server and the people on it, and i personally wouldnt like to see it limited at all.

well seeing as most have voiced an opinion on the EE topic here's mine. I see it its a matter of choice I've only been playing for about 1-2 months and being new to minecraft and tekkit the EE mod has helped me a lot I can understand the point of not using it for a more in-depth experience but as towards the comments like "I don't mine or chop trees any more" I refer to earlier in my post it's all down to choice

p.s. tried to keep it short and sweet xD

also would like to give a heads up to Ks7 and crew that my time on-line shall be pretty erratic for the time being but hope to see all on-line

• idontknows
  • U.S.A
  • i have a lot of experience like redpower, reactors regular minecraft and tekkit and pistons
  • i what to join your tekkit server because i really want to get on a server i can build knowing that im not going to get greifed or raided.all i want is to join a nice server that i fell like i can play on saftly

• In game name: IzahShados
  • Minecraft experience to date: I have been playing for about two years but have only really just discovered tekkit. I've played on both single player and on servers but most of the servers have had glitches or been torn down due to lack of people playing. I play for around 3 or 4 hours a day, sometimes more, sometimes less.
  • Why do you want to play on our server? (You are NOT going to get whitelisted if you don't make me believe that you are willing to put a little time into your application and show that you actually care). Why do I want to play on your server? Well, firstly nothing is banned and I wish to be able to use all items to get a better idea of how everything works. I wish to join a small comunity of creative individuals to learn and establish something epic. (Unsure what yet.)

You do realize your essay is going to be down-graded for spelling mistakes and grammatical errors, not to mention going totally off-topic. By that standard you could write encyclopaedia on the subject and still fail miserably!

... Well what if im writing an encylopedia.

If I might intrude in on this discussion and give my input please. I am a creative player/builder I tend to like larger projects and don't abuse EE. I use it for it's intended purpose to exchange. An example of that is if i have 4 stacks of cobblestone and am out of marble i use the equivalent to exchange it to continue my project. That still hasn't stopped me from digging out mines and exploring. Nor slow down my creative process etc. I believe in honesty it boils down to the type of players we all are. Someone gave me a stack of red matter but all i did was store it and use it on occasions to replace lost things from rollback or refill my star. I have the Mk1 and haven't created higher for the simple purpose to keep fueling my star as my project is pretty massive and I'm gearing up for it. I tend to like to build with my own blocks piece by piece however I also use the catalyst. Which helps a bit in shaping the land the way i would like. I say all this because EE used in a different mind set isn't so op. Then you have to conclude that it should be used as a means of exchange. For the size of things i would like to do i would hate to ask for a spawn in of things, as that's no better than EE. At some point what i build will be limited because i can only use the resources i'm supplied.

What I am trying to say also is this, that the choice for applications i believe needs to be more inquisitive of who goes on the server. I also feel that the rules need to be flat out explained upfront during the application process. That the number of applications does need to be limited if the server has a 20 limit of people and 40 applicants apply and are accepted than when all 40 people place tethers and what not then understand thats 40 areas actively running when the limit should be 20. That then boils down to should machinery be used at all times even when players are off line. Which considering the size of the server limit that answer should be no. Players need to start making things with an off switch and their areas when off line need to go inactive. Say what you want about it, EE isn't the only op thing if you can go afk for days and leave a machine running and sorting without having to play at all for days on end to get your materials. Does turning off the machines also make the game more challenging yes i believe it does, will it take you longer than usual yes it will, however the idea is not to gather everything in mass within a couple of hours or days it's to play the game over a long period of time is it not.

In my opinion if we start banning things then for sure its' a slippery slope to turning off quite a lot. I believe in honesty and in just my opinion that the server size of players needs to be reduced down. Applicants need to have a trial period of 2 weeks and demonstrate their creative process. At some point their needs to be a cut off period of applicants once a certain quota is filled whatever the server op has decided. When one player is banned or inactive for a while without notification as to why, than a position can open up for a new player. Along with in the application status understanding of the rules of the server is clear, which means demonstrating more than the willingness to play without griefing. It needs to be stated what type of player they are, what do the plan to build on the server, etc. The server also needs to be able to restart itself not just back it self up. A fresh restart helps clean out some of those calculations that build up.

In game name: mancuss

Minecraft experience to date: a month or two of minecraft and abt 4-5 of tekkit.

Why do you want to play on our server?: I'm bored of playing alone, and I'm looking for nice server with easy going ppl to have fun with and build stuff. :)

in game name: jojo2o2

Minecraft experence to date: playing since it came out

Why do you want to be on our server?: because im bored of playing alone and the other servers are boring so im looking for a whitlisted server so i can build in peace

my in game name: bwfox

my age is: 13

my minecraft experience to date:I am good with castles and villages, mostly big things, but i am fairly new to tekkie servers.

i want to play on this server because i like a friendly community, and a place to actually build what i want, and have a fun time doing it.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons