[1.1.8]Resilience Freebuild Server[24/7][Graylist][PvE][Survival][20 slots][Mumble]

ks7

Did you decide if you want to add me to the server? for some reason it cant connect to you, wondering if that was it or im just slow

The server is still down, you can tell by opening the dymap, If it doesn't load the server is probably down.

Edit: Srry, Tehtub beat me to posting it...

Did you decide if you want to add me to the server? for some reason it cant connect to you, wondering if that was it or im just slow

I might have missed it, I'll take a look when I get home. I'll also get the server back up, it may have been partially my fault that it went down (I was doing some massive clean up early this morning).

Edit: I should be home just after 9 PM EST.

• In game name - pixiedruid
  • Age - 27
  • Location - MA, USA
  • Minecraft experience to date - Addicted since beta 1.3, hosted a vanilla server for close to a year as well as a Tekkit server, until the budget decided it was no longer feasible.
  • Why do you want to play on our server? - Been looking for a nice place to play ever since I had to shut my own down, and had this server suggested to me by a friend who already plays on it (Axidos). Much agreed about the fact that MKIII/RM-churning ruins the game.

Just wanted to give everyone on the server a heads up that I'm going to be out of town between the 15th and the 18th, so I may give one of the OPs access to LogMeIn on it so that they can perform restarts if any issues arise while I'm gone.

• In game name - Dead_Ambition
  • Age - 14
  • Location - Vic,Australia
  • Minecraft experience to date -Since Alpha
  • Why do you want to play on our server?- Well from the screenshots it looks like an awesome server and im looking for a server like this with mature people.I have a lot to give to a server.So please white list me :)

I'm putting an immediate ban on mining with Destruction Catalysts. I'm sick of having to regenerate giant underground areas that people have mined out. If you want to put the game on easy mode, feel free to use collectors, but don't run around clearing out massive underground caverns that I have to go and fill in.

IGN: xBLiNG

Minecraft experience: Playing since Alpha, played Technic since release also

Why do you want to play on our server? Have a couple of friends who play on this server

What are their in game names?

IGN: thegoldensb

Minecraft experience: Have been playing since the very begining alpha stage.

Why do you want to play on our server? Just really want to find a new reliable server that has good uptime, my last server just completely stopped with my 100+ hours of work gone. Pretty bummed. I do not play open servers due to the griefing issue. Let me know if you would be interested in having me as a player.

IGN: thegoldensb

Minecraft experience: Have been playing since the very begining alpha stage.

Why do you want to play on our server? Just really want to find a new reliable server that has good uptime, my last server just completely stopped with my 100+ hours of work gone. Pretty bummed. I do not play open servers due to the griefing issue. Let me know if you would be interested in having me as a player.

Just added you.

well then i will...

Write me a 3000 word essay on why you think you should be unbanned, and I'll think about it. Also, you must use the word "indubitably" at least 4 times in proper context.

I just wanted to put out a suggestion for the far distant future for if/when the map may be renewed and we all start from stratch again and have posted it here to see what we all think of it.

We all know the policy on energy collectors and that KS does allow people to use them but many or most of us as, i gather, feel that they do take a large element of fun out of the game. I personally have never used a collector and probably never will but even knowing that some people are using them i think is still effecting everyone's gameplay as these people become increasingly wealthy and get way ahead of the rest. Even if those who do use collectors are sensible enough not to run around handing out stacks of RM to others and use their wealth creatively, a sense a challenge is still lost. If the map is ever renewed i for one would like to see ALL collectors disabled. AND, and i know this one may be harder to swallow, I would also like to see energy condensers and transmutation tablets disabled!!! Having this done creates a far more challenging and rewarding gameplay where people have to work hard for what they create. Mining expeditions and quarrying will be far more important as raw materials, especially diamond, will need to be gathered constantly and not just once and then condensed thereafter. Most of the times that i have gone mining i invariably find some diamond, even if its just the one (which has happened!). "What about Tungsten?" i here you say. Yes, this may well become redundant but this problem can easily be remedied by KS setting up a Trade-O-Mat at spawn to exchange any you find for say two diamond. A few other such Trade-O-Mats could be added for such a purpose and stocked by admin, however these need only be a few as i would expect that trading itself would become an integral part of gameplay as demand for particular items would be higher and people would only be selling what they can spare and asking for things they really need instead of us having endless shops stacked with endless materials that many do not buy and that that the owners are not particularly bothered by what they receive for their goods as they already have plenty of materials. Farming for your food will be more worthy instead of a novelty, and cookies would be rare as cocoa beans are only found in dungeons and abandoned mines. Its treats like this that make it all worthwhile.

Large architectural builds would take a long time and with hard work and effort by the builders, just like in real life. Rome's colosseums weren't built in a day!!

As far as i know, and i might be wrong (comment if you can think of anything), all other items in the game could still be available without been affected by the disablement of these three things.

Altogether I think that this would make for a tighter community, a slower but far more fun and rewarding game for all. When you really start to think of the game without these things you realize what parts of the game we take for granted.

I know that renewing the map is likely to be a long, long way away but it would be good to see everyone's response to this, even if it does not happen.

Sorry if this post seems long, i could have babbled on much more. :P

I just wanted to put out a suggestion for the far distant future for if/when the map may be renewed and we all start from stratch again and have posted it here to see what we all think of it.

We all know the policy on energy collectors and that KS does allow people to use them but many or most of us as, i gather, feel that they do take a large element of fun out of the game. I personally have never used a collector and probably never will but even knowing that some people are using them i think is still effecting everyone's gameplay as these people become increasingly wealthy and get way ahead of the rest. Even if those who do use collectors are sensible enough not to run around handing out stacks of RM to others and use their wealth creatively, a sense a challenge is still lost. If the map is ever renewed i for one would like to see ALL collectors disabled. AND, and i know this one may be harder to swallow, I would also like to see energy condensers and transmutation tablets disabled!!! Having this done creates a far more challenging and rewarding gameplay where people have to work hard for what they create. Mining expeditions and quarrying will be far more important as raw materials, especially diamond, will need to be gathered constantly and not just once and then condensed thereafter. Most of the times that i have gone mining i invariably find some diamond, even if its just the one (which has happened!). "What about Tungsten?" i here you say. Yes, this may well become redundant but this problem can easily be remedied by KS setting up a Trade-O-Mat at spawn to exchange any you find for say two diamond. A few other such Trade-O-Mats could be added for such a purpose and stocked by admin, however these need only be a few as i would expect that trading itself would become an integral part of gameplay as demand for particular items would be higher and people would only be selling what they can spare and asking for things they really need instead of us having endless shops stacked with endless materials that many do not buy and that that the owners are not particularly bothered by what they receive for their goods as they already have plenty of materials. Farming for your food will be more worthy instead of a novelty, and cookies would be rare as cocoa beans are only found in dungeons and abandoned mines. Its treats like this that make it all worthwhile.

Large architectural builds would take a long time and with hard work and effort by the builders, just like in real life. Rome's colosseums weren't built in a day!!

As far as i know, and i might be wrong (comment if you can think of anything), all other items in the game could still be available without been affected by the disablement of these three things.

Altogether I think that this would make for a tighter community, a slower but far more fun and rewarding game for all. When you really start to think of the game without these things you realize what parts of the game we take for granted.

I know that renewing the map is likely to be a long, long way away but it would be good to see everyone's response to this, even if it does not happen.

Sorry if this post seems long, i could have babbled on much more. :P

Collectors are a part of Tekkit. If you don't like them, don't play Tekkit then. Tekkit is designed to have a lot of new end-game materials, and that does mean that some people will be very rich. And if we can't use collectors, it will take a very long time to get red matter armour, and we will not be able to get gem armour at all.

When I saw that post I thought to myself, I hope he's prepared for the angry mob that will assemble with torches and pitchforks for even suggesting such a thing.

It's as if a thousand players all cried out in horror and were then suddenly silenced.

I agree with most of what you say for the reasons you gave. But I am always against banning items.

Maybe MkI stuff for new players until they have reached a point. I don't know.

Also if you ban collectors they just make blaze rod farms or similar.

As for trans tables. Well you may as well remove EE all together. (that's a different argument though)

Anyway my main reason for posting is if / when we reach a point of starting over chances are EE will not resemble what it is now.

Pahimar has spent most of his time balancing the mod that he himself admits is horribly flawed.

For example: In EE3 the philosophers stone will be quite hard to get. And there will be 2 versions.

1 extremely hard to get and expensive and another that takes damage and does not give 100% results every time.

Also there are hundreds of posts all over the forums about EE and the effect it has on players and they never end well.

It's also a pointless venture as the people who will defend it wont be around by that time.

Hell, those people likely as not are bored already in less than a month of play and don't log on anyway.

So little chance they will be around by then.

I did chuckle though at the last post who's defence was, it would take a very long time to get red matter armour. :) That's kinda what the op is aiming for.

TL DR... By the time this comes around the mod EE may not be in the Tekkit pack as we know it.

The EE hardcore players will be playing a different game anyway.

And finally there may be no tekkit at all with the changes to forge / bukkit and releases of new mod packs.

All in all to little solid info about what the game will look like then to come to any conclusion.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons