[1.1.8]Resilience Freebuild Server[24/7][Graylist][PvE][Survival][20 slots][Mumble]

ks7

No one answered my question yesterday regarding automated restarts at set intervals....

I see this in other game servers all the time, normally a server restarts about every four hours or so. Mainly to clear loose entities, memory leaks and lag etc. But I have no idea if it's possible to do with minecraft.

I'm not suggesting this as a full time thing but if possible it would help us get through the present set of problems with less downtime if the server could be set to restart several times in a 24 hour period.

There may not even be n option for this... I don't know, that's why I'm throwing it out there.

Edit: found this with a quick google. But I will be honest I don't understand it :P Or know if it's compatible with tekkit. But I can't believe there isn't something out there.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/admn-remotetoolkit-r10-a13-restarts-crash-detection-auto-saves-remote-console-1-3-1.674/

Found more stuff I don't understand...

http://plugins.bukkit.org/#ti=restart&ta=all&au=&subm=false&pno=0

BTW I like the idea of a plugin that restricts what new players can build. If they can't go a week or 2 without being able to make a MkII etc then they are in the server for the wrong reasons.

The right people will realise they have hit upon a server that is about community and will stick out any probationary term.

Too many new players are dropping tethers and then never return but leaving their lands loaded for evermore.

I would like to not see things get banned either but than again my partner and I have always believed when we log out things should go off, since it's not fair to leave things running all night. We have a lot of fun not using world anchors or tethers because we don't need them. It may be slow but we get there and we enjoy it all the more so. We're enjoying the wholesome recreation with all the wonderful people we've met and that's good for us to take our time and stay awhile. I use the low level mk1 and get by fine, I can't imagine what people want to do with all the materials they're creating generators for, because after you've gotten all that stuff, it just sits because you've pretty much gone end game at this point.

I should turn off my redstone repeaters when im not using the sorter so i'll have to ask for some help with how to do that. We'd really like the server and really want to build something beautiful for everyone to see. I do think many of us are like minded in the way we play. We want to get our own resources build nice things and enjoy the game. It seemed to me the server was about being mature and being creative and for those who can't do that I feel than this server is just not for you. It may not sound nice, but it is fair to play with people who have the same objective as the op and everyone else.

When many of us build things while keeping other people in mind, and try to be considerate of people on the server. I always ask to make sure if what I'm about to build is going to hurt someone or cause trouble. I feel at this point all of us are old enough to know when in doubt just don't do it, ask first. So it's more than just being like minded and mature, the owner of the server is also looking for considerate and respectful beings. I don't know if I've said too much or stepped on someone's toes. I apologize if I did, it just that it does get frustrating for many of us who have a hard day and want to enjoy it building and being with friends and we can't.

I'm at work right now, but I'll read through these posts as soon as I get home and make sure the server is back up ASAP. I've also looked into dimensional anchors myself, and I can tell you that I'm considering switch to them exclusively. Likewise, I may get a permissions plugin installed soon to limit the types of items new players can build (specifically anchors, tethers, and the MkII/ MkIII collectors).

FYI, if you guys need to get a hold of me, I get email alerts when I get PM's, so feel free to contact me that way, I should be able to respond pretty quickly that way.

You could Introduce Ranks for player

The longer you are Logged in for the more rank you gain, Unlocking access to new stuff ?

Also you can gain extra ranks or be promoted throu good Behavour, Helpfulness ect ect at an Admins discretion

You could Introduce Ranks for player

The longer you are Logged in for the more rank you gain, Unlocking access to new stuff ?

Also you can gain extra ranks or be promoted throu good Behavour, Helpfulness ect ect at an Admins discretion

sounds like a good idea!

i am sure there is a plugin for that if you dont want to mess with us too :P

ok could of sworn it was up later than that but your prob' right. all the downtime is just merging into one in my memory now:)

BTW, noticing that it seems to crash when it reaches around 14 players. anyone else notice anything similar ?

It crashed today when 3-4 people joined within a few minutes of each other.

It should be possible to find and fix the current problems. At least, that would be nice. But if a reset is necessary, then so be it. I will have just as much fun starting over, as playing currently. I like the peeps on this server, and will endure the downtime if necessary.

I will say though, the other day when Mojang (Amazons Data Centers) went down, i had no lag whatsoever :) hahahahah. Everything was working flawlessly :) Ha!

imo screw giving people notice. Turn all tethers, anchors etc to dirt. Then see if it has any noticable effect.

It's either ghost players land being loaded 24/7 or a ghost players build dropping items all over the place.

Either way if their land is not loaded it can't drop stuff.

Might wanna check how many pedestals are in game too. Could set one up in a mine with a full chest and have hundreds of items flying around the full chest with a void ring on pedestal.

Tht of course would be a deliberate act of sabotage.

The admin team knows where most of these problems lie and we are in the process of "fixing" them; The only thing slowing us down right now is the fact that only 1 person can restart the server and he tends to be busy. I'm trying to keep you guys as updated as I can, but as always, feel free to PM the Admin team if you have direct questions.

~Epy

lol mil, just odd though cause the server seemed to be fine. Then I was like oh no server is crashing and bam there it goes. With so many things that can be the cause i wonder if the ops should do a server sweep and inspect everyones place to see what the culprit is.

ok, well thx for the info. If you are on the case and you are confident you have solid leads as to the problems then there's no more need for the "imo, I think" posts. I leave it in the teams hands :)

Gonna go play some ssp and try to learn more about turtles :P

Just one more thing. if server goes up can someone post the news. As I have it set up to ping me of new posts. thx.

lol mil, just odd though cause the server seemed to be fine. Then I was like oh no server is crashing and bam there it goes. With so many things that can be the cause i wonder if the ops should do a server sweep and inspect everyones place to see what the culprit is.

The dymap might be a good tool for this, seeing as you can see underground with it, and look at people's bases, the only issue is that it show's modded blocks as either a flat black, or wood.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons