[1.1.8]Resilience Freebuild Server[24/7][Graylist][PvE][Survival][20 slots][Mumble]

ks7

Soz, the new land generation at sea would likely be me.....i went exploring last night found a tiny island...im mean tinsy winsy...and built a little getaway hut there....its about 3500 blocks south to south-east of town............i'll wreck it if its causing a problem....

I doubt it is related tbh. I was just thinking out loud. Also once the land is generated there seems to be little problem, it's while the new land is being found and generated it seems to stress the server.

I don't think that's just this server either.

Even in single player new land generation uses up a lot of CPU.

Once it's generated it just reads the info from disk from that point on.

• In game name jamkill
  • Age18
  • Location ohio
  • Minecraft experience to date sence first beta
  • Why do you want to play on our server? (give me a little detail, 'it looks cool' probably won't be enough to get you whitelisted. I'm looking for more than just a single line.) im looking for a sever that is online alot and one i can make cool stuff and help ppl out

• In game name: voserob
  • Minecraft experience to date: Allot being playing minecraft since beta
  • Why do you want to play on our server?: Recently iv being playing on allot of open tekkit servers which are okey but now im looking for a place were i can "grow" i can hopefully be part of the servers community and at the same time try and build some great structures.

I'm going to guess it's nothing to do with land regen and more to do with people still not listening about BC Pipes, and the World Anchors. We've got quite a lot of new people this week again. Though I'll admit 1.2.5 for Tekkit has been the buggiest of the versions I've ever experienced. Normally servers can handle you traveling quite a ways and still hold up. So this dropping and crashing the server i doubt is that normally it's something that causes high animation and that's usually a huge spout of fires that can cause that. A lot of drops on the ground, or a mass amount of lava or water flow. Or at worst a high amount of nukes or explosives being set off. Which is my fear when we are able to get on, has occurred.

I noticed people putting up force fields in the last two days, so that may be a large part of the issue. I can tell you world generation is NOT the issue. Exploring and generating new chunks DOES eat up processing power, but it's not much compared to how much the machines/ anchors use. I've been at work, but I'll take a look at the server when I get back home.

I noticed people putting up force fields in the last two days, so that may be a large part of the issue. I can tell you world generation is NOT the issue. Exploring and generating new chunks DOES eat up processing power, but it's not much compared to how much the machines/ anchors use. I've been at work, but I'll take a look at the server when I get back home.

u have any idea when the server will be back up then cause i just made quantem Armour

I saw a force field with an enormous eye in it. What are the rules about force fields?

As of right now, there are none, but I may decide to implement some since we've been having issues with both lag and players getting killed and not being able to retrieve their items.

Also, the server is back up. APPARENTLY someone ran a program in ComputerCraft that wasn't coded correctly, and it locked up the server...

that eye is mine and people that have forcefields should have the responcability to make theirselves secret entrances as i did... (in casi i die and need to return)

in addition they shuld make the area inside it to their "home"

i dont think you should put rules against forcefields as i had no problem with mine...

Hey ks7, I have a request to make.

Could you move my new volcano base closer to town? It is approximately 3500 meters away right now, and that's far enough that nobody will ever see it, save me.

I have gone ahead and written the coords down. They are as follows:

Volcano: -1431 +3579

the y is from a little below 60 to around 150

Destination (hopefully):

-159 +288

I added a pillar of scaffolds there for your convenience.

and the seafloor would be the base y.

If i am overstepping any bounds here, please let me know. I plan to make the volcano a cafe of sorts, with ~10 zeppelins floating around it, varying the design of course.

I appreciate your reading this,

Fetherblaka

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons