[1.1.8]Resilience Freebuild Server[24/7][Graylist][PvE][Survival][20 slots][Mumble]

ks7

There's an area of the map that as soon as you get near it your fps drops.

In one of the houses nearby is something that causes that.

It's like it has it's own sodding event horizon. Sucking in all resources until the universe implodes.

OK own up ! who made a tekkit black hole in their basement ? :p

Can I suggest a temp' MOTD when loging into the server directing people to the first page rules update.

A lot of people don't visit the forum often. And it will avoid any "I didn't know" .

I completely forgot to do that before getting off, I'll change it in a little bit.

• In game name: Jubba26
  • Location: USA (Honestly not too comfortable going into anymore detail there)
  • Minecraft experience to date: I've been playing minecraft for about a year and a half now on and off. Tekkit for a while, got most of the basics down and am learning some of the more complex functions as I go along.
  • Why do you want to play on our server?: Well, I like the idea of playing on servers with other people. Even though I'm usually not big about going into group projects with other people I do like to run around and look at other peoples things, you know talk about what they built talk about what I built. Show off a bit.

Side notes: While I'm not always the most talkative person I'm by far not offensive when I do. So if I'm a bit quiet in chat it's not that I'm ignoring anyone. I was probably just out doing my own thing and missed that you spoke up. Otherwise I'd intend to run off a bit into the wilderness somewhere and find a nice spot to set up a private operation out of town. Maybe a cannery or something I can figure out to do, if that all would'nt be a problem.

Can't reach server.

Sorry I should of refreshed b4 posting.

Also been doing a lot of reading up. Most people agree that a big cause of lag can be misuse of BC pipes.

The spills obviously we know about, but also just the huge amount of items passing through them when you get a bunch of people on a server all using quarry's etc can cause a huge load.

Not a problem in itself but when they all run 24/7 it is.

Was also reading about EE farms in general. These seem to have a weak spot and that's the condenser part of the build. I guess it has a ton of calculations to do and when you get dozens of them going......

If you have a field of condensers running 24/7 that's a crap load of calculations every second.

Just be reasonable when building and realise any server has limited resources.

No one wants anything banned. But we need to restrict ourselves a little. And as people get richer they just seem to expand and expand on their original build.

Most likely wasting my time, as it only takes a few inconsiderate selfish people to monopolise all the server cpu power for themselves and screw everyone else attitude to make the whole system unworkable.

Sorry for rant but even with all the downtime and rants some people just still don't get it.

Either that or they don't have the maturity to play on an unrestricted server.

Also is there anyway to automate a server restart every 4 hours or so ? Restarts can help refresh a server and also might help at the moment while we have issues.

Well, I was there right as the server went down; I was fixing something and used WorldEdit to regenerate an area maybe 32x16 (aka 2 chunks) and was intending to re-log to see the affected changes quicker. Now, this was after I regenerated a MUCH larger area just fine, so I doubt this was the cause but I just wanted to put that out there.

~Epy

I hate to say this but, I think a reasonable solution is to get rid of anchors and tethers all together. That way people cant become RM Tycoons overnight. And it solves the issue of people's factories running 24/7.

It might actually make people play the game :X

I am also a strong proponent of banning MKII and MKIII collectors and relays. People are getting to the point where they are making RM in a second.

Also, KS I need to speak with you, I have observed what Epyon and I believe to be someone duping.

Regarding banning items. I see your point but that's punishing good players when we only need to get rid of the bad or selfish imo.

As for tethers. I suggested a while back every one gets given 2 when joining server and crafting is disabled. That way you can still use your tp pipes etc. But you can't bog down the server by having a tether next to any, and every sodding thing you build.

Also I think you would have to blind, stupid, or both to not realise duping is going on.

It's too easy to go down the route of banning items. People will still find ways around things.

You need to ban selfish players instead of items.

When we have a core of players who play regularly and the online player count reaches it's max. Maybe it would be time to prune the whitelist. Because I think people join, put down a crapton of tethers and machines and then dont log in anymore. So as a result the server is supporting much more than than the actual players who are active.

(ghost players) who although not active still use the servers cpu etc.

Easy fix for chunk loading; disable anchors and tethers and make people have to use the Dimensional anchors; they have a set # of chunks/player that you can config and is currently limited to 3 atm; better interface than teleport tethers and are actually the best coded atm. That way mods/admins can still place anchor carts for the trains.

they have a set # of chunks/player that you can config

Never knew that. Sounds good that you can assign a limit to a player.

Maybe players only get use of it after they have shown they are active then you don't get the chunks loaded by ghost players.

And is there such a thing as a plugin that will monitor where the cpu is being used on the map or what items are using it etc ?

Only as a temporary instalment obviously just to diagnose some of the issues.

Otherwise we may end up calling for items to be restricted when they have no effect on the problem.

Chunk loading items obviously need no proof of impact. Everyone knows more chunks loaded = more work for server.

Also if you do go down the route of restricting tethers etc. please use the block ID to change the existing ones to dirt first. then start laying down fresh ones. that way you clear all the unaccounted ones of the map.

Easy fix for chunk loading; disable anchors and tethers and make people have to use the Dimensional anchors; they have a set # of chunks/player that you can config and is currently limited to 3 atm; better interface than teleport tethers and are actually the best coded atm. That way mods/admins can still place anchor carts for the trains.

Is it the Admins that set this ?

Also how does crafting them go ? is it limited to 3 Anchors ? or will only 3 work (if you had 4) ect

I hate to say this but, I think a reasonable solution is to get rid of anchors and tethers all together. That way people cant become RM Tycoons overnight. And it solves the issue of people's factories running 24/7.

It might actually make people play the game :X

I am also a strong proponent of banning MKII and MKIII collectors and relays. People are getting to the point where they are making RM in a second.

Also, KS I need to speak with you, I have observed what Epyon and I believe to be someone duping.

Also i agree with garrotte... MkII and III collecters can be too powerful at times, The Admins could also spawn some in if needed (kleinstar Omega Charging Benches act)

but again Transmutation tables can do that.

And if chunk loading is the issue then Id rather not have things loaded... If that means anchors and eathers are banned then its better than the game crashing every day..

Is it the Admins that set this ?

Also how does crafting them go ? is it limited to 3 Anchors ? or will only 3 work (if you had 4) ect

The default setting is 3 chunks per player, and it hasn't been changed; Each dimensional anchor is 1 block of iron surrounded by 4 gold bars. They're actually configurable; you set the range they load to either 1x1, 3x3, 5x5, etc etc, but since 3x3 is 9 chunks, you have to leave it at 1x1 at the moment.

The nice thing about them is even though you can limit the chunks per player in the config, if an admin/op places/owns them, they have unlimited number of chunks they can load. So that means if a player hits the limit but has a legit reason to ask for more, an Admin can place more anchors or reconfig theirs to load more area.

Also, as said before, their "visible" interface is a lot better than the one for the tethers and doesn't drop your framerate.

~Epy

Commenting on what Voodoo said about the whitelist and core players, i think we have at least a dozen people who can already be considered core players, it would be good to find some more but we dont necessasily what it to be maxxed out all the time as some while find they cannot get on. Finding out those that do not log on at all anymore will help us lower lag by taking out their builds and keeping the whitelist tight will ensure the core players always have a space to get on....

• In game name: roostevaba123
  • Minecraft experience to date: Well i have played it almost 2 years, with my B-day it's officaly 2 years :)
  • Why do you want to play on our server?: I know how to create nuclear reactor(safe 2030 eu), also i built an automatic factory that did everything for me in a EE disabled server. Maybe team up with some1 and create a weapon of mass destruction(nuke), build some force fields. I really hope to join the server and learn something about the farming in tekkit, cause thats what i havent done before.

I'm at work right now, but I'll read through these posts as soon as I get home and make sure the server is back up ASAP. I've also looked into dimensional anchors myself, and I can tell you that I'm considering switch to them exclusively. Likewise, I may get a permissions plugin installed soon to limit the types of items new players can build (specifically anchors, tethers, and the MkII/ MkIII collectors).

FYI, if you guys need to get a hold of me, I get email alerts when I get PM's, so feel free to contact me that way, I should be able to respond pretty quickly that way.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons