[1.1.8]Resilience Freebuild Server[24/7][Graylist][PvE][Survival][20 slots][Mumble]

ks7

So it looks like it's a problem with the world file itself... did anyone notice anything strange or did anyone try to build anything new before it crashed earlier? I tried reverting to a backup from last night, but it still wouldn't load, so I'm not sure what exactly is going on.

So it looks like it's a problem with the world file itself... did anyone notice anything strange or did anyone try to build anything new before it crashed earlier?

Not that im aware of, the nuke issue could be one, and yesterday someone was talking about moving mountains (idk if that's it), aswell someone yesterday had a chunk not load correctly and they could see someone went berserk with a destruction catalyst, but that's all ive remembered. That and the train system you were working on exploding

Idea: If you can get the map to work again for just a little bit, maybe use the dynamic map to look for suspicious stuff

Oh and i think this problem was occurring last night as well because narziez and I couldn't get in at all through the entire night. Only when i went to bed i think he managed to get on when you logged on. I think you're problem occurred even before than. You might have to load the back up far back to when the server was actually working.

Now that I think about it, I remember seeing a few people's bases last night with tons of items overflowing out of pipes and stuff, I wonder if that could be part of the problem. Either way, I'm testing earlier backups right now to see if they work.

EDIT: I found a working backup from last night right before I logged off. It looks like something must have happened right after I got off, because all of the other backups aren't working.

ks7 - I understand your currently having some issues, I understand any delays associated to this request.

• In game name Treewalker
  • Age 25
  • Location Pennsylvania, USA
  • Minecraft experience to date I have played for close to 2-3 years now, and I have ran normal minecraft and tekkit server both public and private, mostly semi private because of the nature of most players. I have experience both server side as well as client side and have maintained and ran my past ventures as well as a few situations where I had Op to help support other owners.
  • Why do you want to play on our server? (give me a little detail, 'it looks cool' probably won't be enough to get you whitelisted. I'm looking for more than just a single line.) Honestly the part that has me most interested is the fact that you still want to maintain that small friendly helpful environment you had but just get more players involved since not as many people have been on. I love that if it can work because its hard to balance out the idiots, but having a full time career I just want to be able to get on have fun, bullshit and not have to worry about someone ruining everything while i'm gone and I think I can find that here.

Everything was ok until about 6 hours after that time you looked around.

The server began to act oddly. World ticks were screwed beyond belief and things were blowing up that shouldn't. ie: cooled combustion engines that had been running well for over 24 hours previous. (those things blow up pretty quick if they are built badly not 24 hours)

I believe a reactor went up not long before this as well.

Built and checked by people who know what they are doing.

Then the lag came and things were not right. People began loosing connection etc.

then after minecraft.net went down (roughly 12 hours ago or more) that was the death nail it seems.

But as said the last time the server was working as it normally does was about 6 hours after the time you looked around.

Also as Arieanna said there is someone going around with nothing to do and no imagination and dropping nukes.

She made a good point about running a new world to see if server copes, that way you will know if it's map save or hardware.

I would bet my money on map as very few people show any consideration as to what or how they are building and what blocks they use.

Maybe a couple of tethers giving out to people when they join and disable crafting because people throw them around like confetti.

I am pretty sure a lot of people don't even know how they work and just throw one down for the sake of it.

Some basic education in a players responsibility to reduce lag for themselves, and by default reducing it for others may be in order. As I think many are unaware what causes lag. Setting timers at max for example when there is no need. Seeing a timer click dozens of times before the machine is ready for the timer make makes me cringe..

Anyway this gets us nowhere fixing the issue. But if it's a map problem then it will happen agin untill people take a different approach.

Sadly though I think there are 2 or 3 who will never show the maturity to self restrict themselves.

So a couple of people have brought up the idea of starting a new world due to the amount of problems that we've been having with the current world (world anchors that haven't been removed, nukes having to be patched up, clusterf**k of a spawn area). I would be willing to do it, but only if the majority of the people who have been here a while are ok with it. It seems like most of the newer players are ok with the idea, but I don't want to do anything before getting opinions from the veterans. I can give players some of their stuff back or even transfer over inventories if people would like, but once again, I want to get some more feedback before doing anything.

Everything was ok until about 6 hours after that time you looked around.

The server began to act oddly. World ticks were screwed beyond belief and things were blowing up that shouldn't. ie: cooled combustion engines that had been running well for over 24 hours previous. (those things blow up pretty quick if they are built badly not 24 hours)

I believe a reactor went up not long before this as well.

Built and checked by people who know what they are doing.

Then the lag came and things were not right. People began loosing connection etc.

then after minecraft.net went down that was the death nail it seems.

But as said the last time the server was working as it normally does was about 6 hours after the time you looked around.

Also as Arieanna said there is someone going around with nothing to do and no imagination and dropping nukes.

She made a good point about running a new world to see if server copes, that way you will know if it's map save or hardware.

I would bet my money on map as very few people show any consideration as to what or how they are building and what blocks they use.

Maybe a couple of tethers giving out to people when they join and disable crafting because people throw them around like confetti.

I am pretty sure a lot of people don't even know how they work and just throw one down for the sake of it.

Some basic education in a players responsibility to reduce lag for themselves, and by default reducing it for others may be in order. As I think many are unaware what causes lag. Setting timers at max for example when there is no need. Seeing a timer click dozens of times before the machine is ready for the timer make makes me cringe..

Anyway this gets us nowhere fixing the issue. But if it's a map problem then it will happen agin untill people take a different approach.

Sadly though I think there are 2 or 3 who will never show the maturity to self restrict themselves.

It's definitely a map issue, I tried starting 2 fresh worlds and there were absolutely NO issues. As far as people running around bored and doing random stuff, that's half the reason I'm tempted to disable Energy Collectors beyond Mk1. Once you can basically spawn yourself tons of Red Matter, the game basically goes into creative mode, and the less creative minds start running around doing annoying crap because they can't think of anything else to do. Granted, it comes down to the individual players more than anything, which is why I haven't done it yet.

The World Anchors may just be due to the fact that a lot of the people that have placed them aren't on that often and haven't gotten around to removing theirs yet (either that, or they just don't WANT to remove them).

Well when I mentioned new world it was for more of a test of the hardware.

But if the results show that runs fine then that leaves us with a save that as you say has stuff in it that people won't remove after being asked too such as world anchors.

I would hate to see a new world. I put a hell of a lot of effort into my building, but I am a pragmatist and will accept the outcome whatever that is.

OH: will it be the same seed ? Cause it was nice, and if it was same seed would like to go to same spot again :)

Edit: if it was to happen then transfer of personal inventories and very short list of expensive replacements such as RM DM diamonds etc. would prob' be the way to go. Otherwise you could spend a fortnight replacing peoples things.

I think a fresh start with some firmer guidelines would do wonders for the server.

Examples: No nukes :P

No dimensional or world anchors.

Quarrying Re-beautification

Plots for housing and bases

Limited Whitelist

and COLLISEUM FTW

It would keep the world beautiful and organized, all while reducing griefing, and lagg.

It, of course, is completely in the capable hands of ks and I trust that he will make the best decision.

I have only been on the server for the past week and have enjoyed it, and the community immensely. I am all for a reset and would help rebuild a "Noob" zone. However, as stated, I do not have the time invested in this server to really have a large say in the restart. I will be a loyal Resilience Server Attendee though, no matter what. Bring on the new zone!

As said by others, I would rather you will not start a new world if possible...

You mentioned a working back up file, why don't you try reverting to it and disabling the crafting of anchors and tethers?

Then you can collect a party and go search for all existing anchors and delete them...

If you make the rules clear enough and have an op on at all times (like shifts of some type)

That will prevent rule breaking the server can continue running without too much of a rollback and be as good as ever!

P.s- I know in my video I made a n anchor but after Ks told me they cause lag I deleted it :P

P.s.s- when I think about it you can use world edit on the map and erase all blocks with the block I.d of the anchor...

Edit- I really think that limiting the whitelist is a good idea, and will prevent trolls and ass holes from ruining the server

It's definitely a map issue, I tried starting 2 fresh worlds and there were absolutely NO issues. As far as people running around bored and doing random stuff, that's half the reason I'm tempted to disable Energy Collectors beyond Mk1. Once you can basically spawn yourself tons of Red Matter, the game basically goes into creative mode, and the less creative minds start running around doing annoying crap because they can't think of anything else to do. Granted, it comes down to the individual players more than anything, which is why I haven't done it yet.

The World Anchors may just be due to the fact that a lot of the people that have placed them aren't on that often and haven't gotten around to removing theirs yet (either that, or they just don't WANT to remove them).

......................................................................................................................

Well if it's the save, as we all pretty much suspected then there's not a lot left to do. Even a rollback from ages ago could still have the seed that sparks all this.

I wont be popular for saying this but I have to agree about collectors. EE is an awesome mod. I love the merc eye) but people are getting whitelisted and 2 days later ( no exaggeration) are flying around, leaving snow trails and ice all over the map with zero rings etc etc etc. And then they get bored sh!tless cause theres nothing left to do.

This is meant to be survival not creative. I would though hate to see any of EE go apart from MK II - III collectors.

Also, and I may be a little out of line here. We are all strangers who have been thrown together. We had a pretty good community considering. But I really believe we need a little time to get to know each other a bit better before too many more new faces come in.

Reason is...When the new faces arrive slowly you can see they fall in line with how the community runs and they fit in well. But when a block of new faces all arrive at once it all goes to hell and they take their leads not from the community but from each other.

That's just a personal observation.

I think the right thing to do is leave the thread a while longer at least so others get their chance to speak up. But what needs doing will eventually have to be done.

Don't think I will be placing RP mini blocks again for a classic arch. Can't go through that again ;)

I'm not even whitelisted so I have no opinion on the map wipe as its not within my judgement.

However I just wanted to comment back on what V00doocat said in the last post

"When the new faces arrive slowly you can see they fall in line with how the community runs and they fit in well. "

Despite my obvious whitelist app I do agree with them here. I ran into the exact same problem when I was running citycraft normal minecraft server a year or so ago. We started bringing people in fast and things quickly got out of hand as it sounds may have occured here. There is a fine line between security and madness.

Starting over is fine with me, I'll lose a crap ton but like everything in mine craft what I've done once I can do again.. And better this time..

Ill also be able to claim some true virgin land this time =)...

You have the Tub Seal Of Approval =P

I think that if the best way to fix the server so there will be little problems is to create a new world, then by all means go for it. I also agree with what V00docat said about letting in a bunch of new people. I know I felt welcome when i came on and there were only 10 or so other people on the server, and i quickly learned the rules, but a lot of new people just start doing whatever they find fun i.e. flying around placing snow all over the ground and dc'ing the whole map.

I have only been on the server for 4 or 5 days now and i have enjoy it immensely every time i got on the server. I wouldn't mind the reset and would also help to build the spawn town. I will help restart it if needed. New map FTW

Also Coliseum FTW

Edit- I never messed with anyone's stuff and I hardly bothered anyone for anything I am just clarifying that

Edit Edit-You should remove parts of the EE mod. Just leave the Alchemist bag, energy condenser, and other main parts. you should scrap the energy collectors make people do stuff the survival way and control the creative mode so you can't start the server and give yourself thousands of diamonds. Its not right and makes people jerks if they don't do it the right way.

I know I haven't been on this server that long but it just makes sense to me

Edit 3- I agree with voodoo cat on the reactor part. People should have to register to own a reactor and have it approved by a person that knows what they are doing. This should be done with other major builds where if they mess up they would make something like this happen again with the server.

In game name: BoxcarWalrus

Location U.S.A

my exp: iv been playing on some others and i always have the same problems, when im off hopfully they wont be rummaging throught my stuff. i just want to build and work with other to build something spectacular.en playing since the game originaly came out and iv played for many hour and i think im a decent builder.

reason for asking to join: I just want to play on a server where i wontg be killed by other players every 3 sec.

I was JUST finishing rebuilding my new base, but I'm okay with a new world if we have to, I would however like to keep my inventory and get a few basic things back that I'll be losing from the world.

I would also like to suggest 3 things:

1. Disable seeing people on dynamap or disable dynamap. Because people can see where everyone else is and anyone wanting to cause trouble knows where to target. Makes it impossible to hide your base if people can see you in it on the dynamap.

2. Minimal Spawn. I'm not saying don't put anything at spawn, but a simple lit room to land in or a path leading to the nearby town would be good, keep the load down for one of the most oft-travelled places on the map so that people don't have lag trouble where not needed. If they want to settle in a town then they can go and do that, but please don't build it on the spawn area again, it certainly caused problems for me

3. Try out the seed "Minecraftia". It's one I've been using for a while and has a very nice layout and variety of biomes close at hand. Even if you decide not to use it in the end, give it a look.

Just in case others come here before login on....

KS7 and the op's have been hard at work tracking down problems on the map.

I will leave it to them to explain what they have been up to, but just to say I have been online past few hours and it seems as if they have saved the current map.

All be it with a short rollback. About 16 hours If I recall.

That was enough for KS7 and the op's to get online and begin damage limitation.

So early days but so far, fingers crossed,it looks like business as usual.

I'm only posting this for peoples benefit as KS7 and co are still on the server hard at work.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons