A few complaints.

crayslug

Hey guys, I came to this forum basically to ask about running Technic on a 32 bit computer, whether it was possible, or if there was a simple solution. I'm not very computer savvy, so to me there is no obvious answer, but from what I've read it seems not. I may be wrong.

Either way, I have been unable to find a straightforward answer to what should really be an obvious FAQ type question. When I try to post to the questions section, I either can't find the button (and am therefore a huge idiot...), or can't post because I am a new member, or something like that. I understand why those systems might be in place (if they actually are), but I joined specifically to ask this one question.

You might be able to tell that I am a little miffed. If anyone can tell me if me and my sad little 32 bit computer can run Technic, or point me in the direction of where that question can be answered that would be grand.

Cheers.

What about your system is 32bit? It's purely a software thing, if you really want to play tekkit then there's nothing stopping you. You might be required to reinstall Windows though. Alternatively, and this might sound complicated but it's actually a fun project - Google "ubuntu usb" and create a fully bootable Ubuntu (which is a Linux "distro" or version) and run Tekkit from that. There is a guide to running Tekkit both in Linux and from a usb drive on these boards, so have a look around.

I'm not sure about your posting issues, but don't be discouraged, with a bit of imagination and determination you'll get there.

Good luck :)

Not to mention you could just do a quick forum search as opposed to posting this in the wrong area with a question that we've answered before - presumably in revenge for making you so 'miffed.'

I mean, how dare we make users research something and help others (Proving that they indeed can look things up themselves) before having everyone post whatever shit they want!

The nerve of us for expecting people to learn to solve their own problems like in real life... I'll try to call Kakermix and tell him to stop going around the world in his yacht bought from stolen adf.ly pennies and demand that we change our ways!

I swear to you, even if I'm banned for standing up for you, this system which clearly works shall crumble!

Well, I have to say it is a bit confusing navigating these forums at first, having to find out what all the abbreviations mean and whatnot, but I guess the fact is this mod is free, and they do not need to cater for people who don't know how these things work. I don't think learning to solve problems like in real life is a good analogy as most people call someone out in real life too :P

Hey guys, I came to this forum basically to ask about running Technic on a 32 bit computer, whether it was possible, or if there was a simple solution. I'm not very computer savvy, so to me there is no obvious answer, but from what I've read it seems not. I may be wrong.

Either way, I have been unable to find a straightforward answer to what should really be an obvious FAQ type question. When I try to post to the questions section, I either can't find the button (and am therefore a huge idiot...), or can't post because I am a new member, or something like that. I understand why those systems might be in place (if they actually are), but I joined specifically to ask this one question.

You might be able to tell that I am a little miffed. If anyone can tell me if me and my sad little 32 bit computer can run Technic, or point me in the direction of where that question can be answered that would be grand.

Cheers.

there is a faq that actually addresses the 32-bit issue. in the proper forum section.

.....Did it not occur to you to download tekkit and see if it runs?

Nah, solving it for himself or - dear Guthix, please no - experimenting and finding out would be too hard!

It's not as if half the point of Technic/Tekkit is to find a setup that you yourself invented that is efficient, cheap, and powerful. He'll do great once he gets started on that, and experimenting for himself. He's demonstrated that here. [/sarcasm]

• Moderators

Don't think he was talking to you but....!!!!!????? You don't even use the launcher!? Blasphemer!

I played technic when it still came on zip files, but when kacker forced released the launcher I stopped using tehcnic.

It's been a while since I've been on MC. I do miss it sometimes

Nah, solving it for himself or - dear Guthix, please no - experimenting and finding out would be too hard!

It's not as if half the point of Technic/Tekkit is to find a setup that you yourself invented that is efficient, cheap, and powerful. He'll do great once he gets started on that, and experimenting for himself. He's demonstrated that here. [/sarcasm]

Wait, so if that's a end sarcasm tag, wheres the opening one? Does this mean that every post you have ever posted has been sarcastic?

• Moderators

Are you saying you don't own Minecraft?

*past tense, I didn't own it.

But after he released the launcher I took a few days off and then bought a copy.

But still haven't touched the launcher...

I like my skin though.

Edit: I wanted to prove I do have a account there, but mojang site is down... sigh...

Munaus, account or not I still hold the same respect for you - worry not. :)

My extra sarcasm tag was actually because I was trying to be doubly sarcastic so the folks with broken detectors would be able to see with the naked eye. Alas, I forgot the extra first sarcasm tag. :(

*past tense, I didn't own it.

But after he released the launcher I took a few days off and then bought a copy.

But still haven't touched the launcher...

I like my skin though.

Edit: I wanted to prove I do have a account there, but mojang site is down... sigh...

I believe you buddy, don't worry :)