Where the balls is IC2?

Kennu2

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Someone gives you the moon and you demand the galaxy? Have you thanked or donated to any modders lately?

Exactly my point... Galactic Craft can be good, but it currently offers nothing other then wasting resources. And again, I am getting sick of all these kids begging for rockets, then when they get to the moon they complain about nothing being there.

If you took it as me saying I want Galactic Craft done yesterday. I suggest you get some glasses and reread my post.

I'm more hoping they remove Galactic craft at this point.

which is arguably a worse thing to say about a mod that is pretty damn awesome, if YOU want to disable it on your server that's your prerogative telling the packers to remove it because your players irritate you? that's fucking asinine and you should be ashamed for having thought it much less said it. Galacticraft is pretty sweet and its still early in the cycle clearly you have no software experience or you would know that adding something early helps make sure it is properly integrated into a complex system such is tekkit, also it helps out the modders by broadening their testing base and if they wish it show things they need to work on compatibility with if they want it to be forge etc compatible. Getting a little tired of the discussion forums for the mod packs being all about what things people don't like or HALP MY GENTIALS ARE STUCK IN THE FURNACE AND ITS TEKKITS FAULTZZ. I think tomorrow I will try and start at least one constructive thread in both the tekkit and hexxit forums, to try and promote a better environment.

Exactly my point... Galactic Craft can be good, but it currently offers nothing other then wasting resources. And again, I am getting sick of all these kids begging for rockets, then when they get to the moon they complain about nothing being there.

If you took it as me saying I want Galactic Craft done yesterday. I suggest you get some glasses and reread my post.

Is your neck sore from looking up? It must be, since you quoted a post that went WAAAAAY over your head.

Is your neck sore from looking up? It must be, since you quoted a post that went WAAAAAY over your head.

No I understood him. But he didn't read my post properly. So I felt doing the same would be okay.

Anyone know where the next Tekkit patch notes can be found?

which is arguably a worse thing to say about a mod that is pretty damn awesome, if YOU want to disable it on your server that's your prerogative telling the packers to remove it because your players irritate you? that's fucking asinine and you should be ashamed for having thought it much less said it. Galacticraft is pretty sweet and its still early in the cycle clearly you have no software experience or you would know that adding something early helps make sure it is properly integrated into a complex system such is tekkit, also it helps out the modders by broadening their testing base and if they wish it show things they need to work on compatibility with if they want it to be forge etc compatible. Getting a little tired of the discussion forums for the mod packs being all about what things people don't like or HALP MY GENTIALS ARE STUCK IN THE FURNACE AND ITS TEKKITS FAULTZZ. I think tomorrow I will try and start at least one constructive thread in both the tekkit and hexxit forums, to try and promote a better environment.

Well I'm not saying COMPLETELY remove it forever and ever.. Just for now. Don't want to seem like I want the guy to rush anything. And from what I've seen in the YogCast playthough of the mod it's gonna look freaking sweet when it's done.

At this point it seems like you are causing more of this negative environment then I am. That or I need some glasses.

This can only get better before it gets much, much worse.

For us, at least.

Popcorn, anyone?

Oh share!!! I forget at times how people get hurt so much over the opinion of another. It's kinda cute at best. Yet, bothersome..

No I understood him. But he didn't read my post properly. So I felt doing the same would be okay.

Anyone know where the next Tekkit patch notes can be found?

Oh-ho my mistake! It's actually ME who didn't understand YOUR post and you were just appearing to not get mine for _____ reasons. How silly of me. You'll have to explain the parts you feel I didn't read properly. To my dull childlike intellect it just appeared that you were being an annoying entitled moron. Silly me! To the untrained eyes of every single person who read your post, it created the illusion of you calling for the removal of an awesome mod because your servers players are all immature and needy. It also tricked everyone quite soundly into believing that you felt the whole mod should be scrapped from Tekkit because the already large amount of content if offers isn't enough for you. The potential for many more planets exists and is being worked on so no one should even play it until then, for _______ reasons.

Of course that's just what I and everyone else ever thinks. Clearly we've got you all wrong. You're defiantly not an annoying and unpleasant (wo)(man)child with incorrect, indefensibly wrong opinions. We must have all just not actually read anything you said.

So please, educate us. Pretend you're not on thin ice. Shouldn't be hard, you've just said you're good at pretending.

I can't help but agree with CanVox's and the Technic Team's sentiment with regards to removing IC2 and, to a lesser extent, RP. I've been plowing through every mod in the Tekkit Lite pack for a YouTube series I'm 36 episodes into, and I seem to get the most bogged-down in these two mods (haven't touched Steve's Carts or Factorization yet, though, so we'll see if the trend holds up). All of the machines in IC2 have been rendered obsolete by Thermal Expansion; the myriad (and obtusely expensive) armor replaced by Powersuits. With the other mods' answers to Red Alloy, RP's greatest asset was rendered useless.

Let's not forget the buggy Luminators, the easily-messed-up wiring, tiered power system, and the needlessly-complicated farming for minimal return (8-second coffee buff, anyone?) and I'm becoming more and more glad, episode by episode, that IC2 has been eliminated and, when I move onward to Tekkit, I'll only need to worry over one sort of power, and once I have a steady source (Nether-Magmatics matched with Tesseracts, probably) I won't for a second miss the pricey solar arrays, the useless windmills, or Hops and time-consuming brewing.

Granted, there are a few small things I may miss at first (but will likely get over once in space):

• The Redpower Handsaw and Micro blocks
  • Overclocker upgrades
  • Ridiculously blast-resistant Construction Foam
  • The Painter
  • Volcanoes, Basalt and Marble

Granted, I haven't worked much with the new Tekkit, so some of these may have been replaced already.

I'll admit that IC2 was my first power source back when Tekkit Classic was just Tekkit and EE2 was just sanctioned cheating. But just because it was first doesn't make it best.

And regarding beekeeping and tree breeding: the Yogscast has spent entirely too much time on those mods in their series for my tastes. No more unnecessarily complicated mods, please. I like where the new Tekkit is going, and may yet take my vacation on the moon.

Marble is essentially replaced by vanilla quartz, basalt has the MFR stuff you can make not exactly the same but similar, IMBIS micro blocks are infinitely(heh) better than redpower ones and don't muck up the place as much, block resistance is a problem, we have reinforced glass but, that is a thing that has been commented on..... KL has hinted that he is working on some kind of upgrades for TE stuff, iirc, and i have no idea what the painter did, but I assume it did it's name and allowed you to edit the colors on already placed blocks which supported color changing, sooo that has be replaced by a mod that many should look into called foresight. REALWORLD MODDING FTW!!!!?????!?!?!

Though I would like to emphasize for the record a boozecraft mod would be the tits, really it would add 2 or 3 kinds of grapes, hops and barley and let us craft beers and wines. that would just be great.

Granted, there are a few small things I may miss at first (but will likely get over once in space):

• The Redpower Handsaw and Micro blocks
  • Overclocker upgrades
  • Ridiculously blast-resistant Construction Foam
  • The Painter
  • Volcanoes, Basalt and Marble

Microblocks: Immibis microblocks. Functionally identical to redpower microblocks, except with mod compatibility.

Overclockers: Nothing yet, but KingLemming (The TE dev) has hinted that something similar may come to TE.

Blast resistant materials: Artifice has several of these

Painter: I don't know of any identical function, but I'm not sure what you would need it for if you aren't using IC2 or RP2. Care to elaborate?

Volcanoes: Hexxit has these via Better Dungeons - I'm not sure if it's part of BD or a Hexxit exclusive addition.

Basalt and marble: Artifice again! This mod does marble and basalt in a very fantastic way. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1860869-15x-artifice-magic-and-adventure-await/

The Painter is good for painting CF blocks too. If you're not sure which color scheme you want it's nice to be able to rapidly switch between colors on a block to see how different patterns look or colors match, without having to destroy or replace a block.

Is the new basalt as blast resistant as the old stuff? It or CF made me feel a bit safer when spawning ghasts and charged creepers.

Also, why the hate for solar panels? They were easy to move and use. I liked having a couple to throw up when I wanted to test a new machine or new setup in some far-flung corner of the castle. It sounds like a Tesseract is the alternative to this? Or is there something better if you want a small, easily placed power-source to test an isolated system or machine?

According to this I could get flight abilities with power armor. To anyone who used jetpacks extensively and has used this armor, do you like the armor as much as the jetpack?

Redstone energy cells are easily wrenchable energy storage units that can be moved wherever if you want to test something in an isolated environment. As for solars, they are shunned because they essentially became the endgame goal for power production, eliminating all competition due to complete lack of maintenance, as well as the fact they could fit into 1 block. The current Tekkit provides a maintenance-free way to generate electricity (biofuel gen), but at the cost of high cost in materials, lots of required space (especially if you use trees) and proper pipe/conduit logistics.

As for the MPS jetpack, my feelings are currently somewhat mixed. I feel like earlier versions of the MPS jetpack performed better than the current one, and the flight control module does little to help that, because of how wonkily it works. At least in my case, if I activate a jetpack with flight module I can never. land. I keep hovering above ground, which both uses energy and makes me moved way too fast. It might have something to do with the fact that I use Smart Moving, though.

However, outside of some small issues, the MPS jetpack combined with flight control is almost (almost) like creative flight, and is much better than the IC2 jetpack for travel and building.

True, but once it's set up BioFuel is just as passive and a better power source. It takes up alot of time/space and resources to get completely automated so I see Solar needing to have the same amount of investment in order to be even somewhat balanced. The only was I see them being a viable in game resource is if they were, for example, slightly more powerful than redstone engines and take up a ton of space. It would also be a necessity to set up a large energy storage grid as they obviously wouldn't work at night.