Where the balls is IC2?

Kennu2

I too miss UU-Matter for crafting building materials or specific blocks. On the other hand, TE Machines are much much cheaper to craft and have an overall lower tech tier. This in turn allows for more time to spend farming those specific materials.

The only thing I will truly miss, is the enchantable Mining Drill. Efficiency 5-Fortune 3 powerhouse with Minium Stone & Mystcraft dense ores == 64 diamonds in 2 minutes. Now I have to make do with some crappy Silk Touch enchanted tool...

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yeah, that's also one of the reasons I miss IC2. Being able to Macerate dirt out of Plantballs and such.

Maybe I'll try and make a mod that allows you to craft dirt, among other things.

The only thing I will truly miss, is the enchantable Mining Drill. Efficiency 5-Fortune 3 powerhouse with Minium Stone & Mystcraft dense ores == 64 diamonds in 2 minutes. Now I have to make do with some crappy Silk Touch enchanted tool...

Modular Powersuits features a Multitool of sorts that's pretty quick.

Ah yeah, that's also one of the reasons I miss IC2. Being able to Macerate dirt out of Plantballs and such.

Maybe I'll try and make a mod that allows you to craft dirt, among other things.

Modular Powersuits features a Multitool of sorts that's pretty quick.

It's not about the speed but the lack of enchantability. Fortune 3 nets you pretty intense amounts of drops. Silk Touch-Mining Drill would also alleviate your lack of Grass. I love using the MPS, but the upside in Tekkit Lite was, that you could have a fully upgraded Power Tool and have the Mining Drill with several enchantments drain joules from your elite batteries to mine stuff like coal, redstone, diamonds etc.

I just read every single post in this Topic. This love and hate thing man. Just grab a joint(Or a bong, whatever floats your boat) relax and try the new tekkit. I do not mind learning anything new and what i noticed is that nobody talks about Equivalent Exchange like it was useless or something.

It's not about the speed but the lack of enchantability. Fortune 3 nets you pretty intense amounts of drops. Silk Touch-Mining Drill would also alleviate your lack of Grass. I love using the MPS, but the upside in Tekkit Lite was, that you could have a fully upgraded Power Tool and have the Mining Drill with several enchantments drain joules from your elite batteries to mine stuff like coal, redstone, diamonds etc.

What do you need that much Diamonds for, anyway? Diamonds are sorely overrated in modpacks like these. And Coal also isn't that scarce, since Charcoal is basically identical to Coal outside of IC2.

What do you need that much Diamonds for, anyway? Diamonds are sorely overrated in modpacks like these. And Coal also isn't that scarce, since Charcoal is basically identical to Coal outside of IC2.

Thanks to EE 3 diamonds are not that overrated. If you know where you want to go, you can use a lot of diamonds to craft your stuff ;) This is however me talking about Tekkit Lite with IC2, where one HV Solar meant dumping lots of stuff.

Sludge boiler from MFR.

ME pipes the objects around. MFR grow crops and turns into power. Then the waste sludge from growing gets boiled into dirt, clay and sand. I don't see how anyone ever has power problems, it is so easy to build a self-sustaining biofuel loop with MFR that even spits out 3 other blocks as waste.

MFR + AE + TE = Everything that you ever needed from industrial craft.

Industrial craft 2 was OP, almost as OP as EE2. No one ever reached beyond IC2 and RP2. Some reached out and brushed BC with the quarry and pump, but that was it. I never heard anyone go "Made a powered furnace and pulverizer, YEAH" No, its always "I made a nuclear reactor!" Or "I have my entire roof covered with Solar Panels (Redpower ones)". I hated it. I directly went out of my way to not use Industrial Craft. Red power though was a big part, and the red alloy wire was very useful. (I used it). But now we have all this new shizzle. Besides, now that we can go on the moon, you guys should be busied with space creepers, not why you can't have your solar panels (Unrealistically) give you 100000000000000 EU per tick.

What I'm trying to say is that Red Power and Industrial Craft were over rated, and the pack is much better without them.

Actually, once Tekkit Lite came out and Thermal Expansion was added, I switched over pretty quickly. Made 2 Quarries with an automatic sorting system. All ores got Pulverized, all Junk was incinerated.

I have to disagree with RP2 being overrated, though. I like how the whole system of tubes and Filters and such worked. But Applied Energistics seems to do a good job at that, too.

Actually, once Tekkit Lite came out and Thermal Expansion was added, I switched over pretty quickly. Made 2 Quarries with an automatic sorting system. All ores got Pulverized, all Junk was incinerated.

I have to disagree with RP2 being overrated, though. I like how the whole system of tubes and Filters and such worked. But Applied Energistics seems to do a good job at that, too.

A great job!

The way I think it

BC = BeginningGame (Its just so fast to get going)

RP = MidGame(Its cheap once you get going but you need a good amount of infrastructure to get anything meaningful going)

AE = Endgame (Very powerful but expensive to get going in and you need to go from chests to full AE for the transition. Also its expensive on the whole)

Now you have to make do with BC much longer than normal. This to me is fine but frames, oh how I loved frames! I will miss them dearly!

Yeah AE seems to do a great job in replacing item sorting and storing. So far the only thing i've really missed was the bundled redstone cable and frames (I've actually never played with frames but I hear they are buggy and can eat chunks, so I dont exactly miss them).

I'm going to be working on a mod with Deathrat once he finishes his current project. It's going to be a new reason to recycle, since we've lost IC2 recyclers. IC2 recyclers are the only things I miss from IC2. Scrap and scrapboxes were only semi useful though, so I feel like our mod is going to make up for it pretty well.

You can enchant the power tool too, you know.

I'm going to be working on a mod with Deathrat once he finishes his current project. It's going to be a new reason to recycle, since we've lost IC2 recyclers. IC2 recyclers are the only things I miss from IC2. Scrap and scrapboxes were only semi useful though, so I feel like our mod is going to make up for it pretty well.

Is Chaep doing the art art fart fart or are you coding?

Is Chaep doing the art art fart fart or are you coding?

Textures and models. I am a man of many talents but I don't have time to learn java. I've been learning 3D modeling instead More in line with my skill set and more useful to me personally.

On the topic of MOAR Mj generation, have you considered Advanced Power Systems (APS)? It's got a fusion reactor that puts out 500 MJ/t when heated up all the way. Here's the wiki. It's also got a solar power system if that's your thing. Does it's own MJ storage as well. It's not updated for 1.5 yet but I figured it'd be worth considering in the meantime.

the only things i miss right now are:

- frames: making big gates or shutters with them pepps up bases quite a bit, especially as my rocket launch tube has no way to be closed right now ^^;

- place able solar panels: i just kinda miss the sight thought (especially for space stations)

- force fields: could realy use them for mystcraft worlds with meteors or -again- for space stations.

I could partly solve that by using micro blocks/colored glass to build similar looking things but it just has another level of feeling to it if those actually work