Where the balls is IC2?

Kennu2

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda liked it. Apart from the wind sounds while indoors and the frequency of cave noises.

Another like for MAtmos. I missed it the second I noticed it gone. To me, MAtmos is part of the Tekkit experience. It was there when I first got into playing mods, when I first got into Tekkit.

MFR + AE + TE = Everything that you ever needed from industrial craft.

Industrial craft 2 was OP, almost as OP as EE2. No one ever reached beyond IC2 and RP2. Some reached out and brushed BC with the quarry and pump, but that was it. I never heard anyone go "Made a powered furnace and pulverizer, YEAH" No, its always "I made a nuclear reactor!" Or "I have my entire roof covered with Solar Panels (Redpower ones)". I hated it. I directly went out of my way to not use Industrial Craft. Red power though was a big part, and the red alloy wire was very useful. (I used it). But now we have all this new shizzle. Besides, now that we can go on the moon, you guys should be busied with space creepers, not why you can't have your solar panels (Unrealistically) give you 100000000000000 EU per tick.

What I'm trying to say is that Red Power and Industrial Craft were over rated, and the pack is much better without them.

As much as I liked IC2, I have to agree with it shadowing over the rest of the pack. Either put IC2 in, or everything else. People who want to get set up as quickly as possible, specially people in competitive servers, take the fastest route which is always accumulating solar panels and IC2 machines. I never touched MineFactory or Thermal Expansion, at all, during my short time playing Tekkit Lite. However after playing the new Tekkit without IC2, I've learned to enjoy those mods as well. Not to mention oil is now useful. Oil was something I always wanted to work with, but never got much of a chance until after I got five HVSA's and started playing with it for leisure.

As far as RP2, I think they should add it back. It wasn't only about item sorting. I know having AE makes a lot of RP2 machines useless the same way IC2 makes BC (and its derivatives) useless even though it is much more expensive to get started with than IC2, but RP2 has a lot of things that can't be replaced, such as frames and colored cables which are a big help for ComputerCraft maniacs like myself.

but RP2 has a lot of things that can't be replaced, such as frames and colored cables which are a big help for ComputerCraft maniacs like myself.

From my understanding the Rednet cables have the same interaction with computers as bundled cables did in the latest version of Computercraft (1.5.2 version). Red powers frames were very buggy and were the bane of many mods due to the hackish way they moved blocks. Although IIRC Jakj is working on a replacement for frames, there is a thread regarding it somewhere on here.

Edit:

Ninja'd

Like the Tekkit pack as it is, means I need to be creative and manage power more. (Use a biofuel plant myself : steam engines using wood turned into charcoal and a planter bay growing 9 trees using fertilizer from pigs means it races power wise and I think I can hook up about 32 steam engines to that self-renewing plant.)

Only thing I would like is something like the voltz pack nuclear generator and fusion generator to work towards as a end-game high yield power plant. All other things I can work around and those mods are very nice, just as an add-on frames would be nice to make large doors, or the airlock also being able to be planted horizontally.

On the topic of MOAR Mj generation, have you considered Advanced Power Systems (APS)? It's got a fusion reactor that puts out 500 MJ/t when heated up all the way. Here's the wiki. It's also got a solar power system if that's your thing. Does it's own MJ storage as well. It's not updated for 1.5 yet but I figured it'd be worth considering in the meantime.

Problem with that generator is that it requires water. That's it. Just water. The balancing point was that it took TWO pumps and golden pipes to fill it (oh noes!)

So there's a post somewhere in that forum where people are calling TE overpowered because you can supply the 500 MJ/t effectively Creative-mode generator with a single liquiduct. It was apparently completely lost on them that 500 MJ/t for WATER is maybe stupid.

From my understanding the Rednet cables have the same interaction with computers as bundled cables did in the latest version of Computercraft (1.5.2 version). Red powers frames were very buggy and were the bane of many mods due to the hackish way they moved blocks. Although IIRC Jakj is working on a replacement for frames, there is a thread regarding it somewhere on here.

Edit:

Ninja'd

In fact, CC uses the exact same API for RedNet as for RP2 bundled cable. So it's still rs.setBundledOutput(), rs.getBundledOutput() etc. All your programs that were developed for RP2 cable will work just fine with MFR RedNet.

In fact, CC uses the exact same API for RedNet as for RP2 bundled cable.

Is that so? I thought I read that ComputerCraft would not work yet with RedNet cables. Did that change, or was I misinformed?

I suppose I shouldn't speak of things that I don't use myself (in this case ComputerCraft), but I thought my information was solid.

Is that so? I thought I read that ComputerCraft would not work yet with RedNet cables. Did that change, or was I misinformed?

I suppose I shouldn't speak of things that I don't use myself (in this case ComputerCraft), but I thought my information was solid.

From the Computercraft change log:

rs.setBundledOutput() and rs.getBundledOutput() now work with cables from Minefactory Reloaded, as well as RedPower

EDIT: This is only in the newest version of CC not in the 1.5.1 version currently in tekkit.

As far as RP2, I think they should add it back. It wasn't only about item sorting. I know having AE makes a lot of RP2 machines useless the same way IC2 makes BC (and its derivatives) useless even though it is much more expensive to get started with than IC2, but RP2 has a lot of things that can't be replaced, such as frames and colored cables which are a big help for ComputerCraft maniacs like myself.

It's not removed just because the devs decided to pull it randomly. RP2 isn't updated and is looking rather unlikely to be updating for quite some time (unless that's changed since I last looked, in which case feel free to put it back in). The long update times held the pack back, sometimes for several months on it's own. It was removed because of the long update times, and since Tekkit Main will be their last chance for a long time to remove a mod as large as RP2 without screwing up everyone's worlds they took the opportunity.

As for MAtmos, I liked some of it - but the wind was really annoying...

Another like for MAtmos. I missed it the second I noticed it gone. To me, MAtmos is part of the Tekkit experience. It was there when I first got into playing mods, when I first got into Tekkit.

It's a clientside mod. It's incredibly easy to install, and causes no conflicts whatsoever, no matter if the server is using it or not. I understand that you might like the mod, but too many people find the sounds annoying and distracting, so it was let go.

I kinda liked MAtmos. It was easily disabled with F7, too.

Only thing I hated about it is the frequency of the wind sounds, and the fact that it blew indoors because the sound was triggered by sunlight over your head, through glass.

It's not removed just because the devs decided to pull it randomly. RP2 isn't updated and is looking rather unlikely to be updating for quite some time (unless that's changed since I last looked, in which case feel free to put it back in). The long update times held the pack back, sometimes for several months on it's own. It was removed because of the long update times, and since Tekkit Main will be their last chance for a long time to remove a mod as large as RP2 without screwing up everyone's worlds they took the opportunity.

As for MAtmos, I liked some of it - but the wind was really annoying...

That explanation makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

It's a clientside mod. It's incredibly easy to install, and causes no conflicts whatsoever, no matter if the server is using it or not. I understand that you might like the mod, but too many people find the sounds annoying and distracting, so it was let go.

Huh? Why did I not think of that? I must be getting old.

Problem with that generator is that it requires water. That's it. Just water. The balancing point was that it took TWO pumps and golden pipes to fill it (oh noes!)

So there's a post somewhere in that forum where people are calling TE overpowered because you can supply the 500 MJ/t effectively Creative-mode generator with a single liquiduct. It was apparently completely lost on them that 500 MJ/t for WATER is maybe stupid.

I will certainly agree that it is a bit lot over the top but there's more balancing it than feeding it lots of water. It's fairly expensive and time consuming to craft and requires you be at a certain level of advancement in buildcraft. It does also take quite a bit of power to kickstart. But I'll also agree that once you have more than one of these running you might as well be running a creative mode power source.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a link to the jakj's frames mod for those of you who haven't checked it out http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/1-5-x-redstone-in-motion-redpower-frames-1-0-0-0-june-23.47048/

And for those of you who thinks that Tekkit is lacking in powergeneration and ore processing, just add Mekanism and Railcraft and you're good to go :)

Mekanism generators can output directly to redstone conduits and with the use of powerconverters you can get insane ammounts of energy from Railcrafts steam boilers.

First of all, wow, you were on the very edge of necroing this thread, 2 weeks. You have good timing, sir.

Second, I doubt anyone's willing to add Railcraft to their modpack, because of that retarded invisible block that CJ added, which breaks so much stuff. It can be disabled in configs, but is still pretty terrible, not least because CJ refuses to do anything about it.

I'm more hoping they remove Galactic craft at this point. I'm getting sick of seeing people complain about there being only one planet, or if someone can give them a rocket, or if they can have free invar for said rocket.

And because it's not even near completion! Just the fact the they bothered to make a modpack that featured it surprises me. Could have just named it Tekkit Lite'r. Be the same as Tekkit Lite, except no IC2 or RP2, newer version of MC, and actually works on older computers.

Also, there is enough power generation with just Steam and Magmatic engines. Although, I believe Harvester may be bugged. That or Harvesters are suppose to eat 2.4M MJ in less then 5 minutes on constant running. And that is with 18 Steam and 12 Magmatic engines feeding the Energy Cells.

I'm more hoping they remove Galactic craft at this point. I'm getting sick of seeing people complain about there being only one planet, or if someone can give them a rocket, or if they can have free invar for said rocket.

And because it's not even near completion! Just the fact the they bothered to make a modpack that featured it surprises me. Could have just named it Tekkit Lite'r. Be the same as Tekkit Lite, except no IC2 or RP2, newer version of MC, and actually works on older computers.

Also, there is enough power generation with just Steam and Magmatic engines. Although, I believe Harvester may be bugged. That or Harvesters are suppose to eat 2.4M MJ in less then 5 minutes on constant running. And that is with 18 Steam and 12 Magmatic engines feeding the Energy Cells.

Wow. Someone gives you the moon and you demand the galaxy? Have you thanked or donated to any modders lately?

Mystcraft. ;)

But those are not planets and you can't get there from space and it doesnt lack air and its too magical and doesnt fit in a technical pack and is too complicated and im too lazy and pages are too expensive and symbols are too hard to find and its too dangerous and and and and because!!!

But those are not planets and you can't get there from space and it doesnt lack air and its too magical and doesnt fit in a technical pack and is too complicated and im too lazy and pages are too expensive and symbols are too hard to find and its too dangerous and and and and because!!!

I have to agree with the "too magical" part. I would much rather go to the worlds with a rocket.