WOAH WHAT! Did you guys know its a COUNTDOWN?

girl

Let's stick to the topic on hand and not get into the whole one-sided mindset that it's FTB vs Tekkit and play out the zombie discussion that ensues. It's not an "us vs them" kind of deal. People can play both, none, either, and not be total dickpickles. Or embody the definition of dickpickle. That's life.

This. This is Hexxit.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's stick to the topic on hand and not get into the whole one-sided mindset that it's FTB vs Tekkit and play out the zombie discussion that ensues. It's not an "us vs them" kind of deal. People can play both, none, either, and not be total dickpickles. Or embody the definition of dickpickle. That's life.

This. This is Hexxit.

I just can't stop laughing at this post. XD Anyway, from the incomplete modlist, Hexxit seems quite interesting. I just hope that the awesome Hexxit page music is in it. Otherwise it'll be a big letdown for me :P

Ahhh I was wondering why I couldn't get the modpack to download. It's either a fake release, and the real isn't released, or its placeholding the link and is set to be unable to download. I'm excited for this. The teaser is gorgeous and I love the art style. Fellow Technic folk, be ready. This is going to be something great. I feel it in my nards.

Ahhh I was wondering why I couldn't get the modpack to download. It's either a fake release, and the real isn't released, or its placeholding the link and is set to be unable to download. I'm excited for this. The teaser is gorgeous and I love the art style. Fellow Technic folk, be ready. This is going to be something great. I feel it in my nards.

... how were you trying to download the modpack, exactly?

When I pointed out the stupidity in the claim, he quickly said "Well, then their donation page is probably rigged or something". I pointed out how they lead to the modders, not anything else. His response was "Well then they changed that yesterday".

He then spouted something about "Tekkit has permissions but isn't licensed" or whatever BS.

Some people are just.... what.

Its not easy to be a pony

Typing on a normal keyboard does get quite hard

I can give you a number for a guy I know who makes custom keyboards for people with oversized fingers like mine. *waggles his golem fingers*

... how were you trying to download the modpack, exactly?

I've heard that Paint_Ninja leaked it on the Technic Platform and posted a link on the IRC. It got removed just 15 minutes after posting but it got a few hundred downloads still. I downloaded it at the time and I think it was a troll. The background panorama was a picture of a troll face and the only mods in it were Forge.

I've heard that Paint_Ninja leaked it on the Technic Platform and posted a link on the IRC. It got removed just 15 minutes after posting but it got a few hundred downloads still. I downloaded it at the time and I think it was a troll. The background panorama was a picture of a troll face and the only mods in it were Forge.

holy shit you are a genius!who ever could have thought that someone who is not affilliated with the technic team could possibly troll people by posting a fake modpack?

oh my goodles!

Yes, I wanted to play FTB back in 1.4 actually, but for some reason any pack I launch from their launcher gets about 20 frames for some reason. Even FTB Lite which has 20 mods or something (not a lot)

Oh yeah, topic at hand. Uhh.... yeah. Hexxit. yeah.

I just realised, those constellations for the main page and the Hexxit Welcome page remind me of some old stuff in "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" where when you started you'd have to pick a constellation to guide you, becoming a warrior, mage or "rogue"(whatever it was called, I forget). Hexxit may have a similar class selection. (Did I mention any of this before? My memory is crap XD) It'd make sense, I mean why else have those constellation images made? It'd be awesome if it really had that, soooo awesome. THE AWESOMENESS WOULD BE AN 11 ON THE HALO SCALE OF AWESOMENESS! Taking a class selection idea from Oblivion would fulfil my wish for an RPG-esque minecraft, AS WELL as having an Elder Scrolls reference in the way that classes are selected! Wouldn't that be cool? Ok, well, anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, constellations. If those constellations played as important a role in Hexxit as they do in Oblivion, how do you guys think it'd work, and which would you pick? Personally, I'd go for anything magic-related, cause I'm a mage. I guess the closest thing might be the "thief" or "rogue"? Archer and Warrior just don't fit the concept of "mage", since I'm assuming that neither uses magic. Rogues don't either, but on WoW when I wasn't an archer or mage, I was a rogue, which was most of the time since my main classes went like this: mage and rogue, archer, warrior paladin and DK, priest. Off topic again, dang it! Anyway, yeah, HEXXIT!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!

I just realised, those constellations for the main page and the Hexxit Welcome page remind me of some old stuff in "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" where when you started you'd have to pick a constellation to guide you, becoming a warrior, mage or "rogue"(whatever it was called, I forget). Hexxit may have a similar class selection. (Did I mention any of this before? My memory is crap XD) It'd make sense, I mean why else have those constellation images made? It'd be awesome if it really had that, soooo awesome. THE AWESOMENESS WOULD BE AN 11 ON THE HALO SCALE OF AWESOMENESS! Taking a class selection idea from Oblivion would fulfil my wish for an RPG-esque minecraft, AS WELL as having an Elder Scrolls reference in the way that classes are selected! Wouldn't that be cool? Ok, well, anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, constellations. If those constellations played as important a role in Hexxit as they do in Oblivion, how do you guys think it'd work, and which would you pick? Personally, I'd go for anything magic-related, cause I'm a mage. I guess the closest thing might be the "thief" or "rogue"? Archer and Warrior just don't fit the concept of "mage", since I'm assuming that neither uses magic. Rogues don't either, but on WoW when I wasn't an archer or mage, I was a rogue, which was most of the time since my main classes went like this: mage and rogue, archer, warrior paladin and DK, priest. Off topic again, dang it! Anyway, yeah, HEXXIT!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!

... dude that was a sprawling mass of shit.

but you did bring up the point of the constellations signifying classes, so you get a cookie for that.

Talking about classes, I hope we're not limited to the three on the page, 'cos that would kinda suck for some people and yeah.

I want a class with which you bring blocks to life to fight for you. Which block you controlled changed the effect, lava would be a fire attack for example. The block would float around you and as you got better you could control more blocks and better ones, like eventually get an obsdian or something which blocks mobs.

I want a class with which you bring blocks to life to fight for you. Which block you controlled changed the effect, lava would be a fire attack for example. The block would float around you and as you got better you could control more blocks and better ones, like eventually get an obsdian or something which blocks mobs.

so... a blockmancer?