[1.6.4] Resilience Free Build [PVE-PVP MiniGames][30 Slot][RFB ModPack][Greylist]

Another NPE from TE Item Conduits. Since you were the only person logged in for over 30 minutes before the crash happened I can safly assume its confined to the area your player loads and the chunkloaded area's you have. If you can coordinate with me so I can come by, take a look in the area where you were at the time of the most recent crash and any area's you have loaded with Chunkloaders I'd appreciate it.

Since it happens randomly and gives no block location in the crash report I'm guessing its some edge case where something wonky is either traveling through an TE Item Conduit into an unloaded chunk or some rareish item isn't being properly handled. Regardless if you can tell me some time you'll be online to show me around I can come take a look and see if anything jumps out at me as a possible culprit.

NEWS!

Hey guys (and gals),

I wanted to give you some info on some upcoming changes I'll be making and the reasoning behind them.

First off, Chunkloaders are being restricted and removed for personal use and placement. I've noticed that some people are having trouble keeping track of their chunk count and assuming that chunks are being loaded when they're not, causing some issues. Now this does not mean Chunkloading isn't going to be around. I recently did a week long test, hourly polling the server resources (RAM, CPU, Tile Entities, Chunks and TPS) with the server set up in two configurations, one where Chunkloaders were on at all times, even if the player who placed them was offline, the other in the current configuration of CL's turning off 10 minutes after logout. While there's not really enough room to post the full resulting dataset (and this post would be far more boring with it) I can easily say that there is a drastic difference between the two, but that each configuration has its own pro's and con's. So in a week all placed Chunkloaders (spot and otherwise) will be removed, keep that in mind.

That brings us to the second update. I'm constructing a new age. This is where you will build and house machines that need or run better with Chunkloading. Each player will have a plot 3X3 chunks in size, the internal area being your responsibility to construct and level to your needs. It will be encased in Bedrock, so no worries about intruders. It will be a void age of Plains biome so that structure will be the only one present. You will not control or have access to your area's Chunkloader. It will run 24/7 so construct your machines with Off switches for the love of god. This will make tracking down issues a tad easier as there will be one central location where things can go wrong. Yes I realize this is going to cause a stir, and a lot of you are going to have to move or rebuild a lot of things and I sympathize as I will have to do so as well. On the plus side you get 24/7 Chunkloading.

The third thing, Yes I have seen all the info spammed when you join and realize we're a little ways behind on updates, including some that add new functionality and bugfixes. I may be issuing one more update for 1.6.4, but not more. A lot of the mods we use are finally updating to 1.7.X and once the rest do and once they're stable enough for my tastes we'll probably be moving over to 1.7.X

Fourth, which is just some friendly advice to look at before we even start work on a 1.7.X update. I suggest taking a look at Applied Energestics 2, We'll most definitely be moving to that version once its stable (perferably out of aplha)  and we make the shift to 1.7 and ALOT of stuff has changed. A whole lot, so to preempt any confusion and questions I suggest reading up on the changes and new mechanics.

That's about it, I'll be editing our MOTD to point back here so everyone who joins has a fast way to see this post and can prepare for the changes.

If you have any questions or concerns about the changes that I haven't adequately explained already, feel free to post them or PM me with them and I'll be glad to give you a more detailed reasoning behind the changes.

Yay for better chunk loading tub. Thanks for the update will you be gunning a new mining age too or just the new void age?

Just the void age. I don't see a reason to gen a new mining age yet, file size is still small, so people can still run a bit around if they've mined out their local area.

Username:dikkezak
Have you ever been banned from any servers?:yes,3x,2x pretty nooby 1x destorying my friends bookcases for ,oving anthor x for payback-stealing(when i was a mc noob i dont do that anymore)
Can you read and write English (Note, Rules are in English)?:pretty good only typos
What’s Rule Number Seven?:obey mods and admins!
Summarize your MC/Tekkit Experience:2 years(not sure but somewhere in alpha

also i have a problem,i crash when i log in,not even a crash report it closes automatic, ram needed?

Username:dikkezak

Have you ever been banned from any servers?:yes,3x,2x pretty nooby 1x destorying my friends bookcases for ,oving anthor x for payback-stealing(when i was a mc noob i dont do that anymore)

Can you read and write English (Note, Rules are in English)?:pretty good only typos

What’s Rule Number Seven?:obey mods and admins!

Summarize your MC/Tekkit Experience:2 years(not sure but somewhere in alpha

also i have a problem,i crash when i log in,not even a crash report it closes automatic, ram needed?

I'm going to have to deny this application. I appreciate your honesty but I don't think 4 months is enough time for you to have changed your ways. Likewise you have ban's on record almost every year for three years (numeric years, I didn't bother to figure out the months), all for the same offense. That doesn't give me confidence that you'll do better here. I wish you luck on finding another server but I don't think this is the place for you.

:( well i liked to be in also i said i dont do this anymore its just i cant holt it when some 1 trolls then grief too and anthor x for when my friend and me where moving a mod thougt i griefed im realy bored so please well if it cant ima go on sp :(

:( well i liked to be in also i said i dont do this anymore its just i cant holt it when some 1 trolls then grief too and anthor x for when my friend and me where moving a mod thougt i griefed im realy bored so please well if it cant ima go on sp :(

also it was my first time i got mad but i dont anymore(when i was 11)

There are 3 separate bans associated with your username on three separate servers ranging from 07/17/2012 to 01/12/2014. Two of which are corroborated by Logblock evidence. One ban and I would consider it. Two and its iffy, Three is too many. Not to mention your various ban appeals quote multiple reasons for your actions but none that actually matter. You made the same statement of "I don't do this anymore." on the second AND third servers you were banned from. If you hadn't changed then why would I believe you have now? Your application is still denied and will remain so. I encourage you to find another server.

There are 3 separate bans associated with your username on three separate servers ranging from 07/17/2012 to 01/12/2014. Two of which are corroborated by Logblock evidence. One ban and I would consider it. Two and its iffy, Three is too many. Not to mention your various ban appeals quote multiple reasons for your actions but none that actually matter. You made the same statement of "I don't do this anymore." on the second AND third servers you were banned from. If you hadn't changed then why would I believe you have now? Your application is still denied and will remain so. I encourage you to find another server.

This is why Tubs is the man!!! LOL, Nothing gets by him. he is "always watching" or in this case "investigating"!

Server is down for 10 minutes while I move things about to get ready for the changes on Monday. I'll edit this post when we're back up.

EDIT*

And we're back, faster then I thought It would be. Thank you for your patience.

Edited by TehTub

some how the server crashed o_O no idea how...all i was doing was getting rid of bees and taking apart my system...hope i didnt crash it some how trying to turn the last few bees of mine into DNA some how or somthing

I have to say this is one of the funnier crashes. Apparently Tinkers didn't like Spar, and crashed because of it. Though instead of listing the Controller or some block associated with the Smeltery (which was the issue according to the stack trace), it returned a Ticking Entity Exception on Spar him/herself (I apologize in advance if I'm wrong about that). So according to the crash log, Spar crashed the server...

I guess you'd have to be more in depth with how MC handles errors to get the funniness of it, but it gave me a chuckle.. Server is fine now tho so all is well.

Hey guys,

The server will be down for about an hour while I change config files and delete the old Chunkloaders. It will come back periodically but until it becomes unwhitelisted It's not actually back up. I'll make a post once the changes are completed.

about 4 PM and still saying not whitelisted.. it says theres someone on the server thats just why im asking... thanks

Read two posts up. And then the one above it with the huge "NEWS" header above that for the reasons.

And yes I realize its been more then an hour, I thought that would be a generous amount of time however our database system has decided to prove me wrong, and as I can only work as fast as it will allow me, it seems it will take a bit longer then previously estimated.

Edited by TehTub

Read two posts up. And then the one above it with the huge "NEWS" header above that for the reasons.

And yes I realize its been more then an hour, I thought that would be a generous amount of time however our database system has decided to prove me wrong, and as I can only work as fast as it will allow me, it seems it will take a bit longer then previously estimated.

take your time tub, i was just checking to make sure my pc wasnt at fault again, sorry for seeming like a stickler :D

This is probably going to take quite a bit longer then expected...

I'll give you the rundown of why and what.

Basically our logging system (which I was planning to use to remove all current chunkloaders currently placed) uses a MySQL database to store all the changes that are made by you and everyone else. I had though I set up the commands to purge old entries from the database regularly but due to an typo, that hasn't been happening. I only found this out when trying to remove the chunk loaders and finding that there were entries dating to BEFORE this map was generated, which means that my assumed clean install of the logging system wasn't actually clean, and thus had a lot of false data.

Luckily I checked this before performing any actual rollback on the Chunkloaders. So for the most part no actual blocks were changed. However that left us with the issue of 18.9GB of database entries that desperately needed to be cleaned up. The issue is MySQL, when dropping tables or deleting entries via PHPMyAdmin (the database management tool provided by our server host) loads the entire table (so 18.9GB) before actually deleting anything. As you can imagine, on a shared system such as our VPS is hosted on, loading 18.9GB of data into RAM is a horribly bad thing to do. And since I have no physical access to the server box or the ability to remote into the root of it myself I have to open a ticket with support so they can do it.

Before anyone freaks out, No nothing is lost. Everything is backed up multiple time over and the only thing holding us up atm is support getting back to me about the database issue.

I'll post back when I have an ETA or any new info.

Edited by TehTub