[1.6.4] Resilience Free Build [PVE-PVP MiniGames][30 Slot][RFB ModPack][Greylist]

Unfortunately; from my past experience hoping from server to server; there aren't any that really come close to what we had here.

In my experience, most other server's have... one issue or another that makes them not as successful. Whether it be bad Admins, a fading player-base; Hardware issues; (Believe it or not) Corruption, etc.

Though; from my searching; the most prevalent types of server's out there are large, with a 100-300 player-base, usually on decent hardware, & they usually have some form of VIP, or Donator status that get's certain people an advantage. The Admins are usually... ok, at best; but its rather hard to get ahold of them; & with a player-base that large, you usually don't see one single community, but rather small groups of people. Strangely enough; I found a decent group of people who I ran with until I joined this server.

You might find smaller server's out there with decent admin's & a good community, but those usually have hardware issues. 

Sadly it won't be easy (idk if even possible) to find a server, with a community like ours, with admins like ours. Best of luck to you on though.

However; you can always's hop in on the mumble channel; a bit quiet today for some odd reason, but me & tub are usually on; & I don't mind helping ya find a server if you want (so long as I'm not in the middle of a tf2 game or something...)

Anyhoo, It was nice knowing ya all; & hopefully something happens were we can all get together & play a game again!

Sincerly;

Your Derpinator;

Jerrk

I'm not sure if I happened to decide to browsed the forums today by chance or by design, but seeing that it coincided miraculously with talk of the server being shut down, I can't help but feel obligated to say/ do something about it.

So, here it is - as you all may have guessed due to me disappearing for almost a year now, I don't have a whole lot of free time anymore. Given that I played Tekkit with some of you for almost a year, and that you guys managed to keep the server going for another solid year after that, I feel like I should do what I can to keep it alive. I'm fairly out of the loop on the current status of Minecraft/ Tekkit other than the fact that I see there are plugin issues and that Microsoft has apparently decided that we aren't allowed to have fun anymore. Likewise, with the lack of time on my hands I won't be able to run the server myself as far as administration/ back end work goes.

I'm not sure what the current situation is with Tub and the other admins/ mods, but if ANYONE is able to take care of some of the day to day work, I would be more than happy to either host the server on my old server rig or pay for a hosted server to continue the current server. I understand that manually building and updating the modpack must be a royal pain in the ass for Tub, so I would be fully open to transitioning to a preexisting pack if that's something people would be interested in. Obviously this wasn't expected, and I have no doubt that the current mods/admins have already had long discussions about what to do, but I feel like it would be wrong for me to not throw in a last ditch effort.

tl;dr Daddy is back for the attempted 11th hour save.

I'm not sure if I happened to decide to browsed the forums today by chance or by design, but seeing that it coincided miraculously with talk of the server being shut down, I can't help but feel obligated to say/ do something about it.

So, here it is - as you all may have guessed due to me disappearing for almost a year now, I don't have a whole lot of free time anymore. Given that I played Tekkit with some of you for almost a year, and that you guys managed to keep the server going for another solid year after that, I feel like I should do what I can to keep it alive. I'm fairly out of the loop on the current status of Minecraft/ Tekkit other than the fact that I see there are plugin issues and that Microsoft has apparently decided that we aren't allowed to have fun anymore. Likewise, with the lack of time on my hands I won't be able to run the server myself as far as administration/ back end work goes.

I'm not sure what the current situation is with Tub and the other admins/ mods, but if ANYONE is able to take care of some of the day to day work, I would be more than happy to either host the server on my old server rig or pay for a hosted server to continue the current server. I understand that manually building and updating the modpack must be a royal pain in the ass for Tub, so I would be fully open to transitioning to a preexisting pack if that's something people would be interested in. Obviously this wasn't expected, and I have no doubt that the current mods/admins have already had long discussions about what to do, but I feel like it would be wrong for me to not throw in a last ditch effort.

Well as it stands, the dedicated server is already canceled for next month. You're more then welcome to start up your server again with whatever pack you feel comfortable with to keep the resilience name alive. (Since we kinda appropriated it during the transition we have no claim on it lol). I personally cannot and will not be playing MC much anytime soon. I can't speak for Mil, Gar, Tar, Jerrk, Dragon (thats the full staff list currently), so their decisions are theirs. I just know that until we know for sure how both the Bukkit and Microsoft buyout crap is going to affect things, I can't personally say that any server built/run now will last through whatever changes may come.

If you need any of our files (server jar's, MySQL exports, world files or configuration settings) let me know and I'll dropbox them for you while I still have access to the FTP of the server.

Otherwise, I appreciate the 11th hour attempt and wish you well. Till things chill with the drama though, this is where I part ways.

Of course, I'm still in the Mumble, Jerrk, Milz Hobbs and I have Borderlands The Pre Sequel to make a lets play for. Be sure to check out Jerrk's Youtube channel after the 14th.

Wow. man of the hour. I would love to keep the community alive. That being said, I would love to admin the server. however, i am not much of a techie so i cant vouch for that aspect of things. Even if we cant use the current modpack due to the microsoft mojang crap we could always just do a tekkit server with a few basic mods in it to spice it up a bit. 

Wow. man of the hour. I would love to keep the community alive. That being said, I would love to admin the server. however, i am not much of a techie so i cant vouch for that aspect of things. Even if we cant use the current modpack due to the microsoft mojang crap we could always just do a tekkit server with a few basic mods in it to spice it up a bit. 

Well, as I said, my free time is extremely limited nowadays, but if you can find a modpack that everyone likes, I would be happy to bankroll it for the time being :P

Well, as I said, my free time is extremely limited nowadays, but if you can find a modpack that everyone likes, I would be happy to bankroll it for the time being :P

Hey fella,

Here is my idea. We go back to the good ole days of when the server first started and do a simple tekkit pack with a few mods; essentials, griefprevention, and maybe some kind of economy. This is how the server started up. It should be simple and hopefully we can build the player base up again. 

Let me know what you think. I have quite a bit of free time in between work so if we use a basic host like minecraftbukkit or something i should be able to handle that.

P.S I cant send you PM's. your box must be full?

ive been so busy with my wedding plans and whatnot i didnt realize what was happening XD havnt been on in awhile. holy moly ks! welcome back :D glad to see your alive and kicking! i would love to stay with this community. i have a server too, its not great, it has 2 x5450 quadcores and 16gb of ram with 10k rpm HDDs in raid. not sure if that will be any good for hosting but all i need is a better connection (moving soon so i can fix that ;P) and i can help at least :S let me know!

thank you tub for all your hard work and patience with us :) your a god among men truly. i had no idea minecraft was being bought out by microsoft O.o thats kind of strange to me, didnt expect that. I hope things go well xD hopefully our paths will cross in the mines again :) i supose i cna message you on steam too lol.

ive been so busy with my wedding plans and whatnot i didnt realize what was happening XD havnt been on in awhile. holy moly ks! welcome back :D glad to see your alive and kicking! i would love to stay with this community. i have a server too, its not great, it has 2 x5450 quadcores and 16gb of ram with 10k rpm HDDs in raid. not sure if that will be any good for hosting but all i need is a better connection (moving soon so i can fix that ;P) and i can help at least :S let me know!

thank you tub for all your hard work and patience with us :) your a god among men truly. i had no idea minecraft was being bought out by microsoft O.o thats kind of strange to me, didnt expect that. I hope things go well xD hopefully our paths will cross in the mines again :) i supose i cna message you on steam too lol.

Did't know you were getting married man congrats and have fun with it

Everyone,

I have decided that I am going to continue the Resilience Freebuild legacy. I have just started a Tekkit server in hopes of revitalizing the Resilience community. It is going to be a tekkit server with some extra plugins. I am looking for help, builders, and ideas. Anyone interested in helping, building, or wants to be a part of this PM me and I can get you the IP. I will keep everyone posted as things come along. Once we are ready to roll out the server to the public I will post  a link to the Server forum.

Hope to hear from some resiliencers

Garrett

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...