[1.6.4] Resilience Free Build [PVE-PVP MiniGames][30 Slot][RFB ModPack][Greylist]

a mod suggestion the mini-map mod you have on take that off and put zans mini-map on it shows players and there names and you can set a waypoint and when you go deep it shows the map of that like  if I go in a cave it would show the map of the cave and also install optifine(runs minecraft smoother and reduces lag and allow you to zoom in)

Optfine:http://optifine.net/downloads.php

Zan mini-map:http://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/zans-minimap/

Edited by nicky242

tub is there a time when mostly lots of people come online. if there is then. when is it

a mod suggestion the mini-map mod you have on take that off and put zans mini-map on it shows players and there names and you can set a waypoint and when you go deep it shows the map of that like  if I go in a cave it would show the map of the cave and also install optifine(runs minecraft smoother and reduces lag and allow you to zoom in)

Optfine:http://optifine.net/downloads.php

Zan mini-map:http://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/zans-minimap/

ATM no. This is our slack time of year. Most of the staff are busy with work or summer commitments and as for the rest of the player base, they're either vacationing, working or some other things not involving Minecraft. Its pretty normal for attendance to drop during the summer.

As for Zan's and Optifine:

Our minimap is actually a side affect of a tool the admins use to profile lag in the server. It allows us to see in game the loaded chunks, the number of entities (both tile and NPC), the min/max and average tick times for each and the cumulative effect of them per chunk. While you can't use that portion of the map (nor do you have the need to) I have enabled the map and its various functions for regular users. This map can have waypoints and while they're not displayed all FPS style in game directly you can still see them on the map. Likewise it has an underground view as well which I find to be more balanced then Zan's since it renders based on actual light level rather then globally. Light up a cave and press U I believe to see it in action.

Optifine won't be installed by me. You may do so but I cannot assist if you crash while using it. It changes far far too much base MC code for me to accurately track bugs down to their offending mods and until the Optifine team either better follow Forge and MCP modding standards or release a version built for FML it will remain that way. You are free to install it if you wish/need to for performance, I just wont be able to provide support unless you can verify that your issue continues without Optifine installed.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Just wanted to let you all know, I won't be on for the rest of this week, the soonest I'll be back is sunday, probably monday. I'm currently on vacation in Portugal with some friends, but the internet in the house we rented is depressingly slow, just watching a video on youtube takes about half an hour of buffering (on 240p). It's so slow I can't even log in to the server (believe me, I tried, but it doesn't work).

After that I'll be on occasionally, but I won't be very active until after the holiday, with festivals and other irl stuff taking up too much of my time :)

One more example on how slow the internet is here: just opening the forums took over 5 minutes. *sigh*

Luckily there's a pool, so that pretty much cancells it out :P

any one know what the electrical stimulator alveary block does? iv googled it and i know we cant make it yet but im wondering what it does.

I assume that it will increase production rates since from what I've read (very little) the same process is used IRL to essentially agitate harvest animals into over producing. I also assume that there will be a downside since again IRL the process usually shortens the lifespan of the animal.

Just wanted to let you all know, I won't be on for the rest of this week, the soonest I'll be back is sunday, probably monday. I'm currently on vacation in Portugal with some friends, but the internet in the house we rented is depressingly slow, just watching a video on youtube takes about half an hour of buffering (on 240p). It's so slow I can't even log in to the server (believe me, I tried, but it doesn't work).

After that I'll be on occasionally, but I won't be very active until after the holiday, with festivals and other irl stuff taking up too much of my time :)

One more example on how slow the internet is here: just opening the forums took over 5 minutes. *sigh*

Luckily there's a pool, so that pretty much cancells it out :P

No worries friend, have fun with the trip/holidays.

any one made a server before aside from tub. id rather not bother him to much. im trying to start up a privet Voltz server for some friends and can get the server going and all but when i try to make or spawn in any non vinnila items they dissapear or give me a message saying that no item with that Id number exists. any ideas on this? iv looked into it other places but they all seem to be for old versions or talk about "maps" in a file but i cant find any thing like that in ether the minecraft server jar or the Voltz jar x_x first server if you cant tell.

Hey everyone,

So, it's been awhile since I've posted anything and there have been a lot of, not complaints, but concerns voiced about the drop in activity on the server. I wanted to not only explain a few things but also give you an idea of why I personally have not been active.

The servers population fluctuates a lot over time. Aside from the fact that depending on how you start and what you limit yourself to you could automate and essentially get to the point of creative building in survival with the proper combination of mods and thus lose interest, or I should say drive, to continue. This version of the server is by far the most stable we've had and there for, disregarding the initial Tekkit Classic server WAY back when, is currently the longest running map in our history (woo go me for stabilization).

There's that, then there's the fact that a lot of us are spending this fine summer soaking up the sun before we must all travel back into our caves of despair for the winter. (AKA we're doing other things). Add in various work schedules, summer jobs and/or obligations and you have a recipe for lots of stuff to do and no time to do it.

So that explains the reason no one has been on the server much. Now to show you why I personally have not.

I've been busy: http://tinyurl.com/resilienceupdate

As you can see from that spreadsheet, about 60% of our mods have 1.7.10 versions, with another 10% stuck in 1.7.2 and a remaining 30% still only in 1.6.4 versions. But alas its not as simple as looking for matching version numbers. In fact IronChests hasn't been physically updated since 1.4.7 but it still works just fine with 1.6.4. So some of the 1.7.2 mods will work with 1.7.10 and others wont. It just depends entirely on what they change. Its a slow process of testing each one against a clean Forge1.7.10 server and one with currently updated mods. Not to mention a lot of the mods them selves (even 1.7.10 versions) are bleeding edge releases so there's the hassle tracking down whether an issue is caused by that or the additional mod causing a conflict (or even worse, Cauldron-MCPC+). As you can imagine its a lot of work and when I want a break the last place I want to be is in another block world.

So yeah, busy tub. And before anyone get's their unmentionables in a bunch, I'll answer now. NO the server is not being updated anytime soon. I can't give you a date but I can tell you, everyone will have ample (as in multiple weeks) advanced notice before anything changes. If you want an analogy consider what I'm doing right now planting the seeds for a redwood forest, Its gonna take a long time to sprout but once it does you'll know WAY before they grow to maturity.

Anyway. No one posted here recently and It was looking desolate, so I figured I would post some info on how work is going (cause that always starts a conversation) and keep every one appraised of the situation.

Have fun y'all.

BTW, we broke a personal record yesterday of 20 days continuous up time without needing a server restart wooooooo.

EDIT*

I am a derp and forgot to set the spreadsheet to public viewing.

Edited by TehTub

hay not a server topic but iv got a single player world im trying to save (crash error crap) any one know of a world edit program that works with most mods? (iv been playing blood and bones and some how....well you know me i found a way to utterly BRAKE the internal server some how using minions and attacking a giant freaking tree mob) so any one know of a minecraft edit thing that works well with lots of mods? (note i cant start the server with out it crashing so no ingame editors please)

hay not a server topic but iv got a single player world im trying to save (crash error crap) any one know of a world edit program that works with most mods? (iv been playing blood and bones and some how....well you know me i found a way to utterly BRAKE the internal server some how using minions and attacking a giant freaking tree mob) so any one know of a minecraft edit thing that works well with lots of mods? (note i cant start the server with out it crashing so no ingame editors please)

MCEdit, while not having direct support for mod blocks (They're rendered as pink "future" blocks) will load and edit saves that include modded blocks. If the minions are entities (which they would have to be to move) you can easily use it to remove all entities from the region. Likewise if you do not know the region you can select the entire rendered world and do the same, although one of that scale will take a couple minutes to process.

If its an issue with a block, all you need is the block ID and location (exact or general) then simply replace all "future" blocks with that ID in that area with air.

There are too many mods to expect any third party editor to support all of them. So most stick to vanilla blocks and us Modpack admins learn to work around it.

If you need more help, or info on how to delete entities from an area (or even how to find the area in the editor) just PM me and I'll help you out.

Edited by TehTub

• 2 weeks later...

I have been on all week and the only person I have seen (well she was AFK) was spar haha! Come one people lets reunite!

I refer you to my above post =P

You should come into Mumble, it may be quiet sometimes. Or noisy when we're playing Tf2 or something but some of the conversations we have are pretty hilarious.

I refer you to my above post =P

You should come into Mumble, it may be quiet sometimes. Or noisy when we're playing Tf2 or something but some of the conversations we have are pretty hilarious.

its true spoke to the guys for the first time a few nights ago

btw hi all xD

Edited by Ranzangsu

• 5 weeks later...