Attack of the B-team server issues I have seen and some fixes

p928s1984

Yah i got to the point and said F*** it and did a map reset on mcpc 231, bteam 1.0.5, and seems to run MUCH better, MUCH better. still some minor lag but its ppl spawning the world so we will see within the next 24 hours so far NO errors on console!! (with minions removed and dubstep gun banned)

cool. let me know how it works out over the next day or so. I may have to reset the world if it works a lot better.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool. let me know how it works out over the next day or so. I may have to reset the world if it works a lot better.

ok yes it still up and running with no real problems, coreprotect has an issue when some kind of chest is opened, but who cares. and i still once everyyyy 20 min get the tick error and it causes seconds of lag but then is working fine, so so far we are running pretty well.

UPDATE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

every time i get the tick error, the servers Bandwidth goes to nothing and the disk usage goes to MAX. It must be trying to save something, not sure what or why but it’s trying to save.

Edited by p928s1984

UPDATE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

every time i get the tick error, the servers Bandwidth goes to nothing and the disk usage goes to MAX. It must be trying to save something, not sure what or why but it’s trying to save.

same thing happening to me as well. I'm trying to track down the mod(s) that could be causing this or maybe its an action on the server.

Also.. my spawn point keeps changing from my default spawn location to an area right on top of someone's house. You have this happen yet?

I can do /spawn and it will take me to the correct area, but when new people join for the first time they are taken to the wrong spawn location.

same thing happening to me as well. I'm trying to track down the mod(s) that could be causing this or maybe its an action on the server.

Also.. my spawn point keeps changing from my default spawn location to an area right on top of someone's house. You have this happen yet?

I can do /spawn and it will take me to the correct area, but when new people join for the first time they are taken to the wrong spawn location.

yes you need to do /mv setspawn tis multiverse being stupid

*************UPDATE*************

not that ppl are on the moon. Galacticraft is erroring out which is fixed in a newer version of galacticraft........ So im getting a huge crash loop and yah we will see what happens.......

yeah. I'm getting a lot of Galiticraft errors as well. if we run the new version on the server will my players have to download the new version of GC as well? or will it auto download? I've only been running modded servers for a few months. Mostly running bukkit servers fro the past 3 years

I woke up, checked on my server - 74 crash reports over night. I don't even feel like going through them and sorting the crashes, most seem to be due to Dragon AI in galatic craft and who knows what else

http://pastebin.com/GuVA9vRP

http://pastebin.com/PLALcwTD

http://pastebin.com/kb7TjNjk

http://pastebin.com/6rB128Cm

Edited by Dpa1991

I woke up, checked on my server - 74 crash reports over night. I don't even feel like going through them and sorting the crashes, most seem to be due to Dragon AI in galatic craft and who knows what else

http://pastebin.com/GuVA9vRP

http://pastebin.com/PLALcwTD

http://pastebin.com/kb7TjNjk

http://pastebin.com/6rB128Cm

try updating to the newest version of the server it fixed all my galacticraft issues, will look through ur logs later today. oyu may have to do what i did and if your updated (1.0.6) and still getting the crashes you may have to delet the region files that its erroring in. When i had the problem server would run fine unless the player in that chunk would login.

(oops logged into wrong account) this is p928**

Edited by nanotekkit

no multiverse on my server :/ any other ideas?

add me on skype (p928s1984) so I can shoot some ideas, easier and quicker replys, make sure to put ur user in the request so I dont deny it lol

(oops logged into wrong account) this is p928**

Edited by nanotekkit

Hello. I am having a very bad lag problem and was wondering what i could do to fix it. i get in no problem to my single player world and get about a Minuit of pure smooth running then all the sudden ill freeze completely and cant play. No one is replying with anything useful that i have seen, what can i do?

Hello. I am having a very bad lag problem and was wondering what i could do to fix it. i get in no problem to my single player world and get about a Minuit of pure smooth running then all the sudden ill freeze completely and cant play. No one is replying with anything useful that i have seen, what can i do?

can you give me a little more detail?

are you getting the lag after a short time of single player?

what are your system specs? processor? ram?

freeze with a white screen?

can you give me a little more detail?

are you getting the lag after a short time of single player?

what are your system specs? processor? ram?

freeze with a white screen?

it runs perfectly for like a Minuit then all the sudden it will continuously do 30 second lag spike with like a 3 second break. Sometimes my computer will do the white thing but not always, probably about half the time. My ram is 8g. My processor is Intel ® Core i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GRz  3.00GRz. I have NEVER had any sort of lag on my computer, it costs over a grand and is a gaming computer. I also have very good internet connection. I think the problem may be in the technic launcher.

it runs perfectly for like a Minuit then all the sudden it will continuously do 30 second lag spike with like a 3 second break. Sometimes my computer will do the white thing but not always, probably about half the time. My ram is 8g. My processor is Intel ® Core i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GRz  3.00GRz. I have NEVER had any sort of lag on my computer, it costs over a grand and is a gaming computer. I also have very good internet connection. I think the problem may be in the technic launcher.

Ok yes you are having the same issue with my server, it seems to be due to one of the mods, not sure what it is or what is causing it. but my server has the same problem, will lag for anywhere form 5 -30 seconds and then lag everyone out sometimes.

I just ran 60 players on 4 gigs, i don't really see the RAM problem, but the server used 100% of the CPU resources

I’m sorry, but even vanilla will run 60 players on 4GB of ram, and the BASELINE ram for BTEAM is 1GB so that leaves 3 GB for all "60" players so that leaves 51MB PER person.... so as far as what you say about ram being an issue I can’t say I can agree based on cold hard FACTS.

Ok yes you are having the same issue with my server, it seems to be due to one of the mods, not sure what it is or what is causing it. but my server has the same problem, will lag for anywhere form 5 -30 seconds and then lag everyone out sometimes.

Any idea how to fix it? Really need to get the mod cuz i do youtube and was hoping to do this.

You mention that you are using GriefPrevention for player claim protections. Have you been able to successfully block non-trusted players from accessing TE machines like pulverizers and furnaces?

I have not had an issue until probably the minute u posted that. But the issues was not with TE it was with statues, looks like you can place and or make statues and grief a house that way.  To fix the TE items and any other items that seem to be accessible go into the greifprevention config folder, then the world config folder and edit the world.yml or your  (Whatever u named ur world).yml. Scroll to the very bottom and you will see:

Mods:

BlockIdsRequiringAccessTrust: []

BlockIdsRequiringContainerTrust: []

PlayersIgnoringAllClaims: []

You are going to have to add the item numbers of the items you want to require players to be trusted to access

So under:

BlockIdsRequiringAccessTrust: []

Add any type of pressure plates, doors, buttons, anything along those lines (there are a lot more in this pack than the default)

I also as a safe measure add chests, machines, pretty much anything I think needs trust of any type.

Then under:

BlockIdsRequiringContainerTrust: []

You are going to add all the machines, chests, anything that they can access and place items or remove them, again I do it in access trust just to be safe because you don’t know what minecraft thinks ur doing with some of these items.

I would post a list of what I have in mine but it is incomplete at this time. And I don’t know if I will ever finish it. Also don’t want players to see a “ o this isn’t on the list, I’m going to exploit that” ……..

• Discord Moderator

Oh, I've got an extensive list of things in the appropriate categories. I've been using GP for a long time. My point was that I've never been able to get some of the TE blocks protected on a 1.6.4 server with the TE 3.0.0.2. They yell about not being trusted when someone tries to access them (telling me that the config is correct), but they still open anyway and the player can change what they want.

Oh, I've got an extensive list of things in the appropriate categories. I've been using GP for a long time. My point was that I've never been able to get some of the TE blocks protected on a 1.6.4 server with the TE 3.0.0.2. They yell about not being trusted when someone tries to access them (telling me that the config is correct), but they still open anyway and the player can change what they want.

I am not sure why that is happening, they do seem to be protected on the test server i just created running TE3.0.0.2 and mcpc. I am unsure why you are having the issue. I would check to make sure that your Greif prevention is completely updated.