My Power Creation!

SmurfyDoess

Hey hey peeps!

I nearly always see people asking on the forums "how can I get power?! HELP ME!!" so I thought I'd show off what I have created in a few hours, and I must say it's working mighty fine.

Like everyone, I started with a steam dynamo being powered by an aqueous accumulator to get my first bit of power. I'm sure there are tutorials for setup of that so I'm not going to bother explaining or showing. Using a steam dynamo wasn't enough however so I branched out. My first steps at major power generation was by using the reactant dynamo, being fed by cows (creating the sewage needed for fluid fuel) and a reed farm (to create the solid reactant). You can see this setup below.

So to get the sewage you need about 6 cows (can be less or more, up to you), and with that you will also need a sewer. Connect the sewer to the reactant dynamo via fluiducts, and there is your first part of the set up.

QVysBCY.png

ZfOwemL.png

After that you will want an automatic sugar cane farm. Look on youtube for an easy tutorial as I can't be bothered to provide one. But mine looks like this!

k40kkZ0.png

The water leads the sugar cane down and into a cyclic assembler, which then turns the sugar can into sugar and moves it to the reactant dynamo via itemducts. The cyclic assembler is powered by the dynamo itself.

86hyj0Y.png

That is one way of power. It is pretty slow and not very effective, so I looked and different power possibilities, and I came up with this. It is kinda expensive to set up, yet it very effective in the long run!

An overview of the whole thing, just to freak you out :P

LNWmS0t.png

This is a lot to take in and only the semi-advanced players would see what's happening here, so I'll go through step by step with you.

Step 1: you'll want a constant power generation for this setup so there are a few options, yet I am using this. It is a pulverizer smashing up some coal, which is then being fed into a magma crucible, being fed into a compression dynamo (hense known as c dynamo). You can see this by working left to right in the below image. Now the c dynamo needs coolant, so I'm using water and there is an aqueous accumulator below. A c dynamo also needs a fluid fuel, which is the pulverized coal from before. You will want to put some form of energy cell above that, I would recommend anything above a leadstone cell (I'm using the hardened cell). That's step 1!

swXQdsS.png

Step 2: this step is where you will get the bulk of your power. You will want to make one (or more, up to you) porta spawners and and get a skeleton spawner or two into that bottom section. You will also want to get a grinder (powered by the c dynamo) to then kill the skellies. I also have an auto spawner in the top section which is spawning endermen as I need ender pearls, this is optional and not needed. You can do that by powering it by the c dynamo and using the mob essence you collect in the grinder. Step 2, done.

2U98rkN.png

Step 3: This is where the proper power step up happens. As you can see the grinder is on the left there, but it has item ducts going into chests and stuff. You'll need a few pneumatic servo to filter the items. You need a cyclic assembler to turn the bones into bone meal, which then gets shoved into a bioReacter, which turns the bones into biofuel (surprisingly). The biofuel then gets fed into a biofuel generator. The generator is what is creating the power that you so desperately need! Plop an energy cell ontop of that and bam you have (virtually) endless power!

xnEXgLL.png

So yeah! I know there are many different ways of creating power in this pack, yet this is what I'm using and I already have a mass overflow of power :P Hope this has helped give you an idea for your own power supply!

Cheers for reading

Edited by SmurfyDoess

cant you just use an Aqueous Accumulator and a steam turbine for simple power.

This no longer works in versions past 1.0.9c. The mod updated and the steam turbine requires steam, no longer will run off of water and no way to create steam in aotb.

Neat Smurfy, thanks for sharing :)

One thing to mention though is that you can boost the efficiency of that biofuel reactor with a planter/harvester treefarm setup, biomesoplenty trees seem to work with it and each extra type of item that goes into the biofuel reactor doubles its efficiency (it gets to the point where the slow rate that fuel drains out of it means you need several to increase your output).

Neat Smurfy, thanks for sharing :)

One thing to mention though is that you can boost the efficiency of that biofuel reactor with a planter/harvester treefarm setup, biomesoplenty trees seem to work with it and each extra type of item that goes into the biofuel reactor doubles its efficiency (it gets to the point where the slow rate that fuel drains out of it means you need several to increase your output).

I did think about that, yet as it is, I have a mass overflow of power so I really have no need of a tree/plant farm also. This is an option I know but it wouldn't be any use to me I think. I have 4 spawners in there so don't need any extra :P nice idea tho!

My solution has been Magmatic Dynamos paired with one or two magma crucibles. The Magma Crucibles are fed Netherrack, producing Lava. They function at their highest efficency when fed 400rfs, and each magmatic dymano produces 80rfs, so some quick math comes up with 5 per crucible. The crucibles themselves will produce more lava than they need to power themselves via the dynamos, resulting in excess lava. I just use 6 dynamos per crucible and pipe the extra lava into portable tanks for storage and use later on. It works quite well.

although really unlimited, I don't like Magmatic Dynamos using Netherrack as they are not automatic.

This set-up is nice, but I would replace Skeletons with Wither Skeletons to feed the coal from that into your pulverizer as well.

I use a general Tree Farm -> Steam setup, easy to set up and creates plenty of power. I ended up having a Deep Storage Unit of coal pretty quickly. It's my personal favorite as I use my mob grinders for bosses.

I have a mass overflow of power so I really have no need of a tree/plant farm also

Therein lies the rub, doesn't it?  There's no point going beyond a certain point - enough is enough and beyond a point however much more efficient it is becomes kinda wasteful.

I'll just leave this here;

YqUZ5bq.jpg

The treadmills are another good source of energy as well as they are very compact, doesn't use many resources, and useful for just pure energy creation like the solar panels.

However, other sources of infinite energy provide side benefits that you'll eventually need which is why mob grinders are good in general.