Progress of Dokucraft Support.(Yes again.)

FTWBurn

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest technic version. Block Id? Most of them when they're in my hand. Version 6 of java. No error messages.

I opened up the modpack.jar using an unarchiver.

I then dragged the file from my desktop into the folder and it asked me if I wanted to cancel or replace, I chose replace.

I then compressed the modpack folder back down into a modpack.zip, then changed it from a .zip to a .jar by changed it's name.

I've looked for programs similar to 7-zip for mac but haven't found any that work in the same way. I'll keep looking though.

With the whole .jar replacement thing (I do NOT know if this applies to both Macs and PCs but I do know it works with my macbook), even if you just leave the file as a folder (that is NOT re-zipping the folder) and rename it with a .jar extension, the computer stil recognizes it as a .jar and can access the files properly. When I was first getting into the modding scene, this was how I would put stuff in the minecraft.jar file and it would work. I dont know if .zip'ing the file and changing it to a .jar affects how it reads the stuff, but thats my theory as to why it might not be working.

The version of railcraft which tekkit uses isn't the same version this texture pack supports. The tekkit railcraft uses a png file with both rails and machines on the same file, while this texture pack provides a separate file for the tracks called tracks.png. Tekkit-railcraft calls out its rail textures from the railcraft.png, and since the rails aren't there in this texturepack it comes up with purple squares. Some of the early doku-technic texture packs posted on this thread (not by FTWBurn) have the tekkit compatible version for railcraft, although they weren't as complete as the OP's version since some of their items were still vanilla.

This problem has nothing to do with the Optifine fix, as that fixes a problem with held items looking buggy. If you get purple squares it means that the texture pack is screwing something up and doesn't support a mod or the version of a mod being used.

As an aside; To the mac users having trouble with your jar files. To get a jar file back to how it was before you decompressed it you need to select all the files inside the folder and then compress that. If you compress a folder all you get is a compressed folder. Terminal is a very effective and powerful tool, but this kind of thing is way beneath its realm of usefulness. Its actually easier to forgo using terminal for this, and you don't run the risk of sending your files to a random location if you mess up.

The version of railcraft which tekkit uses isn't the same version this texture pack supports. The tekkit railcraft uses a png file with both rails and machines on the same file, while this texture pack provides a separate file for the tracks called tracks.png. Tekkit-railcraft calls out its rail textures from the railcraft.png, and since the rails aren't there in this texturepack it comes up with purple squares. Some of the early doku-technic texture packs posted on this thread (not by FTWBurn) have the tekkit compatible version for railcraft, although they weren't as complete as the OP's version since some of their items were still vanilla.

This problem has nothing to do with the Optifine fix, as that fixes a problem with held items looking buggy. If you get purple squares it means that the texture pack is screwing something up and doesn't support a mod or the version of a mod being used.

As an aside; To the mac users having trouble with your jar files. To get a jar file back to how it was before you decompressed it you need to select all the files inside the folder and then compress that. If you compress a folder all you get is a compressed folder. Terminal is a very effective and powerful tool, but this kind of thing is way beneath its realm of usefulness. Its actually easier to forgo using terminal for this, and you don't run the risk of sending your files to a random location if you mess up.

I cant begin to tell you how happy I am to find someone that actually knows what to do, insteadof posting an innacurate thread, with your advicce, I managed to get it right first time. God bless you kind sir!