The Plague Corporation *Mod Edit* Dis shit's wikked awesome yo.

Backplague

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There arent any comments on the code on what some things do, so it may take a while to figure out something. If you find anything that can be done better, do tell me! I appreciate all feedback on this. One thing i have to do is make the servers Ctrl+T proof, so dont comment on that, i already know i have to do it.

Edit:

Frontpage typo: "They are now the best person ever." Shouldnt that be "He is now"?

There arent any comments on the code on what some things do, so it may take a while to figure out something. If you find anything that can be done better, do tell me! I appreciate all feedback on this. One thing i have to do is make the servers Ctrl+T proof, so dont comment on that, i already know i have to do it.

Edit:

Frontpage typo: "They are now the best person ever." Shouldnt that be "He is now"?

When dealing with a person of unknown gender, "they" is a valid pronoun.

The release of these programs has seriously put me into a conundrum... CC, or RP2 computers?

Everything was so simple before, but now? Now I just don't know anymore. On a side note, from another thread:

Loops do not cause energy loss in IC2, it does cause a lot of extra CPU work though.

IC2 only does the path finding calculations once. Wires don't cause lag.

I've got to get some sort of source, as opinions seem mixed.

Wow... That's incredible. Thanks for the code. I'm just starting to learn lua, and it helps to be able to look at code and figure out what it means. Also, have you considered taking all of the stuff that this thing puts out and funneling it straight into an EE energy condenser? Especially the stuff from the quarry.

I love you. The structure itself is "meh" to me as I make monstrosities all the time, but the programs running it all is orgasmic to say the least. Good job.

EDIT: I gotta admit when I read "fills MFSU in 2 seconds" I almost pissed myself laughing.

Wow... That's incredible. Thanks for the code. I'm just starting to learn lua, and it helps to be able to look at code and figure out what it means. Also, have you considered taking all of the stuff that this thing puts out and funneling it straight into an EE energy condenser? Especially the stuff from the quarry.

I actually think that the minimalistic use of EE here is what drives the popularity for it; wouldn't be amazingly impressive to just have a machine that creates EMC from a quarry, and there would be no point in refining materials as macerated mats are the same value.

EDIT: I gotta admit when I read "fills MFSU in 2 seconds" I almost pissed myself laughing.

With 20 ticks in a second, that's 10,000,000 EU in 40 ticks -> 250,000 EU/t at just over 488 HV Solar Arrays. This being 750k coal, 1.6mil copper, 2.5mil iron, 1mil tin, 3.25mil rubber, and 1.5mil redstone.

As said before, the power generation isn't what is impressive, it's the computer programs ability to watch and automate it.

There are some Plugins for Bukkit (Tekkit) which can show the seed.

The F3 debug menu (the full one, not the minimum debug that Optifine can enable) shows the full seed. It isn't a name, it's only a string of numbers. I'm not sure if it includes all the changes you made, or if it doesn't.

I registered just to say fricking awesome!!!

I've been tempted to make something like this myself with the auto traders or something to make a shop like thing but not got around to it yet. Oh well now i have inspiration :D Looking at your code i must say it's all very neat in comparison my owns a mess but then again i like it that way.

Again great work look forward to see what marvellous things you decide to do to it next.

He's using Tekkit (he mentions having built this on a server), so that's not possible (unless BC3 finally becomes SMP-compatible, in 2020).

Actually, it will have to become SMP compatible in 1.3 because SSP will follow the same format as SMP so all SSP mods will be SMP :D

I registered just to say fricking awesome!!!

I've been tempted to make something like this myself with the auto traders or something to make a shop like thing but not got around to it yet. Oh well now i have inspiration :D Looking at your code i must say it's all very neat in comparison my owns a mess but then again i like it that way.

Again great work look forward to see what marvellous things you decide to do to it next.

Thank you, i love to read messages like this :)

@Backplague in the CC zip you mixed up the File Server with the Machine Server ;)
Whoops.

I actually think that the minimalistic use of EE here is what drives the popularity for it; wouldn't be amazingly impressive to just have a machine that creates EMC from a quarry, and there would be no point in refining materials as macerated mats are the same value.

Actually, when you macerate it gives you two dust of the ore, dust has same value as ingot, double EMC from everything if it just goes through the Macerator. I find it very useful for early game advancement.

Personally, I see no difference between putting things into EE machines/devices or putting them into anything else, but it's just personal preference I guess.

World download is a bit meh, since the world is SMP, so my friends stuff would come over too. I would have to separate the base for the download which is kinda difficult.

use something like mcedit but its outdated so use something else to take the chunk and turn it into a downloadable file