What is your favorite thing to do on Saturday?

MrFly

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is promptly what I do. Wake up take my dog outside to do her business then I pour myself some breakfast. Usually cereal but sometimes toast and eggs. Then I will watch a T.V program or HBO movie and when that's done I will take my dog out again. Then I take a shower, play some Xbox 360 and then it's noon so I eat lunch and lounge around the rest of the day.

You pour yourself toast and eggs too? I thought I was the only one.

I enjoy wasting my Saturdays: Get my run in early, then eat breakfast, sleep again, relax, become inspired, create something new (Poetry, a choose-your-own-adventure story, anything creative), catch up on AlChestBreach's videos, then retire for the evening.

None of this has any point, I share none of it, and nothing I do on these days benefits anyone but myself. But as I say, "Time you enjoy wasting, isn't wasted time."

• Moderators

Why. The same thing I do every day MrFly. Try to take over the world!

NARF!

I enjoy swimming and drinking and spending more time on this forum.

Saturday is usually playing-games-day.

And Laundry-day!

And whenever my phone rings I go out with whomever made that call, and return at nightfall/early morning whincing and singing.

You pour yourself toast and eggs too? I thought I was the only one.

I enjoy wasting my Saturdays: Get my run in early, then eat breakfast, sleep again, relax, become inspired, create something new (Poetry, a choose-your-own-adventure story, anything creative), catch up on AlChestBreach's videos, then retire for the evening.

None of this has any point, I share none of it, and nothing I do on these days benefits anyone but myself. But as I say, "Time you enjoy wasting, isn't wasted time."

Yes I pour it. It is called "Drinkable Sausage" but it consists of every breakfast item all together. drinkable-sausage_o_61407.jpg

Why. The same thing I do every day MrFly. Try to take over the world!

(I'm not going to be accused of PMSing this time, am I? :P)

That's one reference I would've preferred not to get. ;D

On topic, I like to wake up at eleventh AM, or later depending on yesterdays activities. Then, I make myself a big ass breakfast, complete with a ham-onion-pesto omelet, an apple-vinegar salad and some caramel bacon. I sometimes get a fudge-banana toast with the omelet, but that's when I use 3 eggs rather than 4.

Omg you're awesome. How accurate is the IC2 nuclear reactor compared to real life ones? Can you build me a real one so I don't have to pay for electricity anymore?

IC2 Nuclear Reactor has two nice core concepts that are similar to commercial reactors - cooling and an assembly layout. However, that's pretty much where the similarities end and the stark pains of reality are abandoned for the fun of a game:

• Fuel type (MOX vs UO2 vs Natural U) (Also tied into criticality)
  • Reactor type (thermal vs fast), also ties in to natural U or processed UO2/MOX
  • PWR vs BWR vs Sodium-Cooled vs Some other exotic scheme
  • Control rods (Tied to Criticality and safety systems)
  • SCRAMs / Safety Systems / Passive Safety Systems / Active Safety Systems (tied to Pumps too)
  • Crud buildup
  • Spent fuel management / reprocessing
  • An actual turbine (High pressure and/or low pressure)
  • Reheaters / Condensors / Pumps (Basically all of Mechanical Engineering stuff that any power plant would have)
  • Any notion of startup/shutdown procedures (External source startups / Control Rod Withdrawl)
  • Poisons (Xenon being the most well-discussed due to its role in Chernobyl)
  • Reactor Geometry (Hexagonal, Rectangular)
  • Neutron reflectors / absorbers (tied into criticality and safety)

I could theoretically build you a reactor, but it would cost a lot of money, the plans would need to be submitted to the NRC and approved (which is a lengthy process involving the public - i.e. your surrounding neighbors would get to chime in) and then there would be the problem of obtaining the capital investment to build the reactor (we're talking hundreds of millions to billions easily). Not to mention the fuel cycle issues you'd be seeing. I'm oversimplifying a bit as well. Plus in reality I wouldn't want to do core design or anything like that - licensing a design would be better from a vendor.

All in all, you're better off just buying solar panels for your house by far.

To get back on track, just realized that GW2 early access is this weekend. I'll be there most likely.

IC2 Nuclear Reactor has two nice core concepts that are similar to commercial reactors - cooling and an assembly layout. However, that's pretty much where the similarities end and the stark pains of reality are abandoned for the fun of a game:

• Fuel type (MOX vs UO2 vs Natural U) (Also tied into criticality)
  • Reactor type (thermal vs fast), also ties in to natural U or processed UO2/MOX
  • PWR vs BWR vs Sodium-Cooled vs Some other exotic scheme
  • Control rods (Tied to Criticality and safety systems)
  • SCRAMs / Safety Systems / Passive Safety Systems / Active Safety Systems (tied to Pumps too)
  • Crud buildup
  • Spent fuel management / reprocessing
  • An actual turbine (High pressure and/or low pressure)
  • Reheaters / Condensors / Pumps (Basically all of Mechanical Engineering stuff that any power plant would have)
  • Any notion of startup/shutdown procedures (External source startups / Control Rod Withdrawl)
  • Poisons (Xenon being the most well-discussed due to its role in Chernobyl)
  • Reactor Geometry (Hexagonal, Rectangular)
  • Neutron reflectors / absorbers (tied into criticality and safety)

I could theoreticallybuild you a reactor, but it would cost a lot of money, the plans would need to be submitted to the NRC and approved (which is a lengthy process involving the public - i.e. your surrounding neighbors would get to chime in) and then there would be the problem of obtaining the capital investment to build the reactor (we're talking hundreds of millions to billions easily). Not to mention the fuel cycle issues you'd be seeing. I'm oversimplifying a bit as well. Plus in reality I wouldn't want to do core design or anything like that - licensing a design would be better from a vendor.

All in all, you're better off just buying solar panels for your house by far.

Dude, if I tell chicks I run stuff off solar panels they're gonna think I'm one of those weird anti-government conspiracy theorists. If I tell them I have a nuclear reactor, I'm gonna get laid by her and her friends and her friends' friends all at once. Can't you make me a small one that just burns uranium into electricity without all the fuzz? :3

I'm jk though... I'd probably go to jail if it blows up. XD

Dude, if I tell chicks I run stuff off solar panels they're gonna think I'm one of those weird anti-government conspiracy theorists. If I tell them I have a nuclear reactor, I'm gonna get laid by her and her friends and her friends' friends all at once. Can't you make me a small one that just burns uranium into electricity without all the fuzz? :3

I'm jk though... I'd probably go to death if it blows up. XD

fixed it for you

and afterwards, you'd all have a nice healthy glow that's really noticeable in the dark. I hear being a human night light is a pretty sweet gig.

and afterwards, you'd all have a nice healthy glow that's really noticeable in the dark. I hear being a human night light is a pretty sweet gig.

Does that mean that Bruce Leroy had a personal nuclear reactor? Wow, he really is a badass.

Being a nuclear engineer means you're the last in line for that girl and her friends and her friends' friends. Not that you have time for that bull anyway. They're moneysucking machines as far as my experiences go with them. Like children.

Also think twice if anyone goes tinfoil hat on you about radiation leakage "facts" etc etc, there's a lot of nutjobs out there.

Anyway, let's get this back on track. Besides fapping what are you guys doing on Saturdays (usually)?