If you could only have one...

NoobMiner84

(First if this is in the wrong thread i apologize. Second I did do a search and didn't find anything quite like this post.)

Freakachu I choose you. (If offensive again I apologize just couldn't resist)

Of all the mods in Technic and out. if you could only pick 1 mod (ignoring any per-recs it may need) what is your favorite can not live without mod and please list why you cant live without it.

I would have to say Redpower2 just because of the fundamental redstone changes like putting it on walls and ceilings, also the logic gates which condenses a gate from 10 blocks to 1. With frames you can make your own quarry or farms using deployers. And of course the incredibly powerful microblocks which allows you to hide redstone wiring and make really compact circuits.

• Moderators

Fossil/archaeology mod. Who wouldnt want to have a pet velociraptor? or several :)

Or make a falltrap on your front door so that creeper will fall down to your T-Rex cage

It's fun to excavate large areas to uncover as much fossil blocks as possible.

It also gives such a nice end game item, scarab gems. SO DARN hard to find! But very rewarding once you found 1

Cloning animals is also fun

Equivalent Exchange, it's my precious and nobody takes my precious away, not even those hobbitss!

I just love being able to take any of my useless items and turn them into whatever I need whenever I need; I wish EE was harder though.

RedPower2, seeing as it's effectively an all-in-one mod. Electricity, automation, improved redstone, and even computers, it could stand by itself any day.

I believe that's Eloraam's goal. IIRC she's going to use much of the code in her own personal game one day.

I have to go with Red Power 2 on this one. It can do everything Buildcraft can, and it does it in a much more intuitive, less laggy way. It hasn't quite gotten to the point where it renders IC2 obsolete, but I wouldn't really want it to anyways. RP2 + IC2 is all I'll ever need to be a happy minecrafter.

• Moderators

More seriously however would be Mo' creatures. It makes travel easier and adds fun mobs to fight. Also who doesn't want to ride a manta ray, horse, dolphin, etc.

I always wanted to make a dolphin pool and some cool water passage to/from my base. More exciting when you can dive with your dolphins, makes getting to a mountain base so much easier.

But then I discovered dinosaurs (!!!) and flew with my pterosaur and used my triceratops for landscraping. I was always protected by my badass sabertooths and went rampage with my pet T-Rex on a village on creative :D

No horsey can do that :P

I have to say EE2 but it is VERY close to IC2 (expecialy with new 1.3.2 reactors).

I hate having all that dirt and cobblestone so I can turn them into iron and it expands the game by alot ( Try to get dark matter without using collectors.)

• Moderators

My horses can fly, wear armor, leave trails of flames, and have inventories. Also you can color them. They are also much easier to get.

But can your horses blind your prey like the dilophosaurus or give a Mammoth-size sheep with wool enough to survive the cold winter nights?

Silly DLC horse armour... Dinosaurs don't need armour, they have natural thick hide

• Moderators

The DLC was a bethesda joke.

Can't currently ride what? dinosaurs? or horsey?

A trail of fire does not equal a blinding spit.

I knew about the mammoth, it kinda sucks that it wont give more wool

• Moderators

Oh I see, not "that" funny but I see.

In the latest version of the fossils mod you can't ride anything. The dev wanted the mod out for 1.3.2 so pushed it with no ability to ride dinos. A trail of fire= fire damage, blindness=nothing?(from what I know of mc potions).

Oh, well that sure teaches me to avoid any future MC mod discussions. I'm quite outdated on the updates...

I took a look on the thread and saw this:

※Patch-4

--Fixed dino-pedia on SMP(still buggy on SSP)

--AI fixed.Now dinosaurs can pick up foods themselves(allow players to make a simple feeder by dispenser)

--Fixed ancient sword may crash server

--Partly fixed dino-riding.Some of dinosaurs are controllable now.(Not all and still buggy)

So it's SMP now, nice...