Best Games No One Played

crzymn777

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think about a game I've got for the PS2 that's called Vexx. It has some amazing environments and worlds you can travel to. But it get really annoying sometimes with too many and confusing ways to control, the bad brightness (which only get's worse when night comes), and all the infinite times you get stuck because you can't figure out what to do.

I've never heard of anyone owning it before or now, so I thought I should mention it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've looked through the last 2 pages, and it seems like this thread stopped being about good games that nobody played and just became about games people like. Of the last 20-30 posts, maybe 3-4 games are obscure.

I've personally played a lot of Colobot in the good old days.

Star Wars Republic Commando

Maybe it is just me but it felt like no one played that game.

I'm pretty sure people did play that game. A lot.

After nearly a decade, servers are pretty loaded online. Plenty of my friends play it, too. Definitely played by many people.

I played it but didn't like it as much. I don't know what it was about it - perhaps the lack of dinosaurs...

Here ya go. Enjoy. http://games.adultswim.com/dinosaur-zookeeper-simulation-online-game.html

Dinosaur zookeeper, by vlambeer.

My favorite game no-one played is Super Scribblenauts. Seriously, I have never met a person who knew what that game was until I told them. That game is amazing. What other game allows you to summon a supersonic metal flaming invincible giant kingly pregnant winged zombie robot llama and make it wear a sombrero, then tie it to a tiny flying anarchistic shovel? I rest my case.

Here ya go. Enjoy. http://games.adultswim.com/dinosaur-zookeeper-simulation-online-game.html

Dinosaur zookeeper, by vlambeer.

My favorite game no-one played is Super Scribblenauts. Seriously, I have never met a person who knew what that game was until I told them. That game is amazing. What other game allows you to summon a supersonic metal flaming invincible giant kingly pregnant winged zombie robot llama and make it wear a sombrero, then tie it to a tiny flying anarchistic shovel? I rest my case.

Don't worry, I have Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis. I would add that to the list, but it was popular. For good reason too.

My favorite game no-one played is Super Scribblenauts.

Implying that nobody played Super Scribblenauts (Edit: Oops thought you were talking about scribblenauts unlimited. Carry on.) and thought that it was not the greatest game ever.

Yeah, okay.

• 3 months later...

eh? she made a low effort post?

i would call that telling someone not to make a low effort post in a polite manner, without some needless hostility.

he's talking about this:

A Note on Thread Necromancy

We've been getting quite a lot of reports lately of people "necroing" old, threads, this is not actually against the forums rules.

The only time you need to report a necro is if it's particularly low effort (Responding to a thread that's long long dead with nothing but "Me too" or, "help pls" etc) since that actually violates a rule.

Understand that it is a faux pas to resurrect a very dead thread without good reason however and mods reserve the right to punish for lack of good sense.

the thread may have been inactive for a while, but the guy posted on topic and completely in line with the rest of the thread (minus the double post I guess but whatever). nothing inherently wrong with that.

are you guys talking about me? i'm just wondering, besides the my favorite game is my 2nd post

Yes, she was talking about your post. All the mods are saying is that calling someone out for thread necro isn't cool here, since the rules thread says "necromancy" isn't a problem so much as lazy necromancy.

are you guys talking about me? i'm just wondering, besides the my favorite game is my 2nd post

I merged them.

On that note, Moonbase Commander was one of, (still is one of, I found out you can buy it online DRM-free now for a few bucks, totally worth it), my favorite strategy games I ever found as a kid. The concept is pretty unique, and well done, (at least for the time. The interface hasn't aged all that well, but it works.) It's also refreshingly different from many of the games you see nowadays that value actions-per-second/multitasking/multiple unit management and twitch reflexes above almost all else. *coughstarcraftcoughAoEcoughcoughetc.*

The game is turn based and takes place on a wrap-around map. (Most) all of your regular units are buildings connected to each other via land-lines that spiral back to your central starting hub. If any of the buildings that dot the lines are destroyed, anything that now becomes un-connected to your central hub explodes. Anything you deploy is shot out of any hub or offensive center you own. Every round you get a set amount of energy based on any energy-gathering units you have, etc. The round goes until everyone either runs out of energy or skips their turn. (or dies), and then energy is re-allocated. You also get to keep any energy you skip.

Really really easy to grock, not too many unit/weapons choices or anything, but that the complexity of the different strategies of unit deployment you can use together... I haven't even figured everything out. It also has multi-player, which is really fun on a LAN with friends. If anyone wants to have a hamachi match, hit me up.

• 5 months later...