Best Games No One Played

crzymn777

• Moderators

I also love mount and blade, or at least the idea of it. The only problem with it is there's not enough to do and all the characters are a little empty. But I love the idea and the battles are soo fun.

Cough*youshouldtotallywatchthisawsomemod* Cough*

I'm not entirely into tactical strategy games like warcraft or starcraft, though I have played both, but I still spent months on playing Warlords Battlecry 3.

I haven't heard anyone else playing this game... so I assume it's completely unknown..?

I also loved War Wind, though I only played the demo, derp. I loved the Eaggra and Shama'Li!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Favourite game for me...hmmm

Chessmaster 5500, awww yeah.

On a serious note I'd probably say Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. I've put so many hours in those games.

I also love mount and blade, or at least the idea of it. The only problem with it is there's not enough to do and all the characters are a little empty. But I love the idea and the battles are soo fun. I hope they don't mess up the sequel.

And Civilisation, some brilliant games there. Especially the satisfaction you get from nuking people...heh...big boom go boom.

these are all games that 95% of gamers have heard of. if you read the title is says "that no one played"

these are all games that 95% of gamers have heard of. if you read the title is says "that no one played"

You'd be surprised. 95% of the casual gamers I know only played CoD or Halo and other very mainstream games. TES, in comparison, is indeed pretty unknown. Also, Mount and blade is independent and definitely hipster. I do agree it's amazing though. and follow Munaus' advice, PoP is an awesome mod.

You'd be surprised. 95% of the casual gamers I know only played CoD or Halo and other very mainstream games. TES, in comparison, is indeed pretty unknown. Also, Mount and blade is independent and definitely hipster. I do agree it's amazing though. and follow Munaus' advice, PoP is an awesome mod.

i think TES is pretty mainstream, everyone in my school (of like 650) knows what it is

mount and blade on the otherhand i agree with.

I think most people have heard of TES because of Skyrim, a few may have played Oblivion and I doubt any have played Morrowind. (This is based on my school)

I haven't looked into PoP yet, I've been using the Floris modpack and Anno Domino modpack. Both of these have been excellent but I've been playing them for a while and change would be welcome, so I'll give PoP a go

I played Morrowind in the past, when I was about 8 years old. I was too bad at it to get anywhere, though. Didn't even follow the main questline, but just went around exploring, trying to level up by sleeping in the wilderness and being woken up by monsters. Also, finding a small shack in the middle of nowhere, and killing the inhabitant(s) so I could use their stuff.

Good times.

Yeah I remember going into some random person's house and killing everyone in there and taking all their things. Unfortunately I discovered after that they were vital characters in the main questline and that I couldn't carry on the story...yeah I facedesked pretty hard.

If anyone knows what these are:

Mini Car Racing: Still have the disk somewhere around here, spent hours in my childhood. At first I was terrible, and got my dad to play for me so I could watch his progress and be happy. The last cup is on the moon, with low gravity and everything (is heaps of fun to send somebody in the top speed car with full engine upgrades off a ramp with a speed boost arrow and an oil slick on it flying off into space).

Roller-coaster Tycoon 2: Have this disk too, it's a lot of fun, though the map editor needs a tiny bit more work.

Some Lego games: Racing, Island, possibly something else.

The above is completely biased, and is mostly or completely based on nostalgia. But hey, fun is fun.

Not sure if this one was popular but no one I know has played it. Metro 2033,it's based in post apocalyptic Russia and I've never been so immersed in a game before, it's little touches like the need of a gas mask and you can check the time and how many filters you have for your gas mask by looking at your watch. The gas mask also makes mutant attacks a lot more deadly, if they hit you your gas mask will crack and if it breaks you might as well say goodbye to the world and hello to the last checkpoint. Your torch and night vision also need recharging to keep them bright and ready so you have to use your universal charger to charge them. If your torch runs out of charge in a firefight it can be fatal. If you haven't played this game then do, it's one of my favourite fps's in a long time.

If anyone knows what these are:

Mini Car Racing: Still have the disk somewhere around here, spent hours in my childhood. At first I was terrible, and got my dad to play for me so I could watch his progress and be happy. The last cup is on the moon, with low gravity and everything (is heaps of fun to send somebody in the top speed car with full engine upgrades off a ramp with a speed boost arrow and an oil slick on it flying off into space).

My brother, dad, and I crowded around the keyboard and played that game for months! I think we got to the moon twice. This and Donkey Kong 64 were the only multiplayer games we ever got into.

Another great game was Chex Quest, a total conversion mod for Doom distributed with Chex cereal in the mid 90s. For some reason the level 5 music always freaked me out and I refused to beat the game for years. That didn't stop me from begging my parents to get dialup so I could download the sequel.

• 4 weeks later...

Garry's Mod

I need to do this more often, I miss the Team PvP games with classes on Noxxious.net, I had the most fun being a jerk with the Builder class. 500 HP iron walls in the corridor to the flag room. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Just remembered one PS1 game I liked: Tomba!

A fun adventure/puzzle game, where you are a pink haired monkey-boy who needs to defeat the evil pig empire.... or something like that.

The tricks to advance in the storyline and hidden secrets and discoveries is what I fondly remember :3

yDsliVT.jpg?1