Best Games No One Played

crzymn777

You definately won't find it in a Gamestop. It is very much a collectors' item. My original copy was stolen by a mentally challenged child who thought it was his AvP disk. Thank god I ripped an iso as backup.

Luckily, all the disgaea games emulate fantastically.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay, Thats not all the best, Because some stores wont be earning as much, + The games might be crap.

Well, since it's an old game, the store would be selling used copies anyway, so it's not touching in anyway the original creators. And if you know your stuff, an emulated game can be just as perfect as if you were playing on the original console.

Jay, Thats not all the best, Because some stores wont be earning as much, + The games might be crap.

Not really. in most cases, these older console games aren't being sold anymore. The fact that they're off the market means that the publisher and designers have made their money and moved on to new projects. I'm sure there's a business to be made by buying the printing rights to old games and re-releasing them as a special order product, but nobody is doing that yet.

Moreover, emulators are for much more than piracy. Emulators have the ability to do things that consoles can't, like record video and screenshots, disable sprite layers, speed up the game, give you access to things that were disabled (like the chocobo minigame on FFVIII). My boyfriend records RPG playthroughs but there's no way he could do that on a regular console, unless he had a prohibitively expensive recording setup.

And if you know your stuff, an emulated game can be just as perfect as if you were playing on the original console.

Almost. Some games can be better, actually. But there are a few games that i've been totally unable to run in an emulator. Mostly mid-to-late PS2 era action/shooter games.

Well, I got the pcsx2 emulator, and I was looking into using a controller for it. Will a standard xbox 360 controller work for it once I get the adapter for my PC? Or will I have to buy one of those swanky USB PS2 controllers that were meant to be used on computers?

Tekkit. Now I know this isn't much of a game as it is a big bump to the game of Minecraft, but in its own way it's a new type of gameplay. The majority of my friends play Minecraft, but got rather bored after it over a period of time -- Sadly, they never heard of tekkit. If only I had the time to introduce them all to it, they'd never leave their computer again :P

Tekkit. Now I know this isn't much of a game as it is a big bump to the game of Minecraft, but in its own way it's a new type of gameplay. The majority of my friends play Minecraft, but got rather bored after it over a period of time -- Sadly, they never heard of tekkit. If only I had the time to introduce them all to it, they'd never leave their computer again :P

Let the ass kissing begin /:-*

Neverwinter nights 2 gets my vote. It's based on the old 3.5 dnd system, so was NWN1. It's a great game with a wonderful storyline and great world builder abilities to make your own scenarios.

Great quality to be expected from Obsidian Entertainment, maker of New Vegas.

• 3 weeks later...

Colobot. A weird mix of an RTS (about colonizing planets with programmable robots because Earth is threatened or something) and programming educational software, the language resembles a severely stripped down C++. Developed by Frenchies, there is also an actual educational version for being sold to schools. Never got very popular, but I liked it for some reason. Perhaps because programming my own robot algorithms seemed extremely fun (even if I was bad at it).

Does it count if 'not enough' people play Kerbal Space Program? :D

Anywho, Chase The Express for PS1. Brilliant ResEvil style shooter, on a big-ass train. Hours of fun.

Not enough people I talk to know of any of the Timesplitters franchise either, which saddens me greatly. One of the few games to have ever really nailed console FPS.

Except for XIII, which was released on everything ever. Which not enough people played.

I've been looking a KSP, as my friend plays it, and he's the guy who introduced me to Minecraft, and after that, Technic. He's good at finding good games. Anyway, no-one I've talked to knows about Toy Commander, this old but extremely epic game for the Sega Dreamcast. It might have been popular and I just don't know it though, but it does deserve to be popular in my eyes.

Abe's Exodus was the only Oddworld game I ever played, but I loved it.

That was the puzzle style one with the different sodas right? I only played halfway through because I lost disc 2.

Also, stranded 2 is a great free game not many people have heard of (don't bother with the original, it feels like an alpha of the second).

That was the puzzle style one with the different sodas right? I only played halfway through because I lost disc 2.

Also, stranded 2 is a great free game not many people have heard of (don't bother with the original, it feels like an alpha of the second).

Abe's Exodus only had one soda IIRC, it made your farts explode.