GregTech

Nlorant99

So even with the new custom zip GregTech Doesn't work, however when you try to use the mod it says "If you want this mod get the Technic team to ask for my permission first."

So I want it and I know it would be an amazing addon for ic2 that adds tons of new tech and end-game weapons and tools.

So I (and anyone else who thinks it would be a good idea) am asking the Technic team to add GregTech.

If you don't know what GregTech is Check out this DireWolf20 Review

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not the point he says if The Technic team asks him he will allow them to use it and it is an amazing mod and perfect for Tekkit.

Bottom line is, Greg hates Technic for some reason (Hint : Might include bandwaggonning), and he likes to make the life of Technic players miserable because of that. This is pretty sad, but nothing can be done about it.

I don't mean to be offensive but why not just ask him? It is a pretty cool mod, and adds some interesting things to IC2.

Because the Technic team doesn't want that mod included in any of the Technic packs. So they don't ask for permission. The real problem is with the developer though. Sure, here's a free mod guys, install it all you want, just ask to be in a mod pack first. But oh, if you use tekkit, fuck you, I crippled it so it wont work.

Because the Technic team doesn't want that mod included in any of the Technic packs. So they don't ask for permission. The real problem is with the developer though. Sure, here's a free mod guys, install it all you want, just ask to be in a mod pack first. But oh, if you use tekkit, fuck you, I crippled it so it wont work.

Maybe it has to do with the fact you have to ask for permission to use it in modpacks, and since none of the Technic team has asked he wants to make sure they don't? God forbid you safeguard your stuff until you reach an agreement.

Maybe it has to do with the fact you have to ask for permission to use it in modpacks, and since none of the Technic team has asked he wants to make sure they don't? God forbid you safeguard your stuff until you reach an agreement.

Safeguard your stuff against users who want to install and play it on their own. Brilliant!

Safeguard your stuff against users who want to install and play it on their own. Brilliant!

Exactly. It's one thing to ask for permission for your mod that you create to be distributed with modpacks. But for the users of a modpack to not be able to install extra mods on their own? That's just stupid. So to be in a modpack you have to have permission. To use it when not included in a modpack, you just can't use it at all. Brilliant.

In the modpack created by the people who haven't gotten permission yet. It's amazing, no?

It's not included in the modpack, so they don't have to have permission...

What part of the OP's message didn't you understand? He installed it into, what I'm assuming, Tekkit Lite.

The users'll get up in arms about getting things readded (I can see it happening with railcraft) and the team will have to get permission.

Are you actually arguing that Greg's decision make sense? Following this fucked up absence of logic, the Technic team would have to ask permission for every mod that could possibly be installed along with the pack by a user. That's purely idiotic and useless. It's a simple act of anger on the modder's part.

What part of "It's not part of the modpack so why the hell should users who want to add it own their own be punished and not be able to" do you not understand?

Unfortunately it doesn't matter if the people of this forum get it, another launcher would be needed to install the tekkit mods + gregtech because it won't run on the TekkitLauncher

Unfortunately it doesn't matter if the people of this forum get it, another launcher would be needed to install the tekkit mods + gregtech because it won't run on the TekkitLauncher

Orrrrr he can un-cripple it. Preferably the second one, as the first would require ludicrous amounts of work in comparison to the goal.

And honestly, I don't want to have to learn java JUST to be a douchbag and rip his mod un-crippled

In the modpack created by the people who haven't gotten permission yet. It's amazing, no?

Uncalled for.

Also, why is this here in Tekkit Lite?

1: Download both MultiMC and the modpack you want (I tested Tekkit Lite and TechnicSSP)

2: Start an run an instance in MultiMC that's the same version as your modpack.

3: Copy all folders EXCEPT bin folder from modpack to MultiMC instance folder.

4: Copy modpack.jar from modpack bin to MultiMC instance instmods folder.

5: Open MultiMC, right-click your instance and click edit mods.

6: In minecraft.jar tab, click add and browse to multimc instance instmods folder (select modpack.jar)

7: Close mods window, right click on instance in multimc and click rebuild jar

8: Install mods you want (like gregtech) into multimc instance like normal.

As far as I can tell (with my miniscule experience), gregtech just reads what folder it''s running from, and throws an exception if it detects "Technic" or "Tekkit" in the path.

You can copy the contents of the tekkitlite folder to your .minecraft folder, it will then work.

I don't mean to be offensive but why not just ask him? It is a pretty cool mod, and adds some interesting things to IC2.

We asked him already to remove this restriction because he was also hurting the end-user, but he keeps clinging to his bandwagon, claiming that Tekkit is the root of all evil. He's just being close-minded and extremely arrogant.

If I was in Alblaka's position, I'd tell him to either allow end-users to install it normally or GTFO the forums.

I feel like the following point has been neglected in this thread: please dont add gregtech, its a terrible mod that obscures ic2 for no reason in particular. if people want to cripple their game by themselves, fine, but Id rather not shoot myself or anybody else on the server in the foot like that.

oh yea and also the author appears to be a buttmunch so he deserves for his mod to be ignored.

Why do mod authors like GregTech's and Forestry's agree to have their mods be on other mod packs such as FTB but not Technic/Tekkit? What's so evil about Technic that people take such measures to prevent their mods from being included? I never understood. Back when I hosted a Tekkit server, my players suffered greatly when Forestry was removed.