GregTech

Nlorant99

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well now I feel silly.

I actually tried out Gregtech with IC2 installed and played it 'til I got my machines set up.

It does alter gameplay dramatically, and not for the best.

It's not even interesting things, it's just there to be annoying.

I feel so bad.

I think there's an option to disable the 'annoying' recipes, and keep the cool stuff like the advanced drill.

Why do mod authors like GregTech's and Forestry's agree to have their mods be on other mod packs such as FTB but not Technic/Tekkit? What's so evil about Technic that people take such measures to prevent their mods from being included? I never understood. Back when I hosted a Tekkit server, my players suffered greatly when Forestry was removed.

Cause being popular is evil.

Tekkit got a ton of Youtuber exposure, some mod developers took a certain amount of umbrage that their mods were being seen as "Tekkit" and not as their mod. Theres also the fact that there were some situations of permissions for inclusion being an issue.

But the simple fact is, in almost all cases like these its usually one of two things, greed, or ego. Neither of which are what I'd call desirable virtues.

If modders keep removing their mods from popular mod packs or jumping from one bandwagon to the next without realizing that distributing their work via as many dedicated delivery platforms as possible is whats really going to gain them notoriety, well its just the MC modding scene thats going to suffer in the end.

Who made Forestry anyways? I don't even know, I started playing the modpack after its removal....and guess what? I'll never know who made it now. And who's fault is that? Not mine (well I suppose I could be blamed for not bothering to look it up), not the Technic team, who I'm sure if they could find a middle ground with the mod author would reinclude it (or maybe not after all the hullabaloo), in the end, its the fault of the modder's themselves that I don't know who they are or what their mod does.

And again it goes right back to those two things I pointed at a few lines up. Its their fault, and those are the reasons why its their fault.

To be frank I could give a rats ass about mods that aren't in the Tekkit pack, I have no intention of ripping out my server install to run another mod pack. I damn sure won't be bothered to have to manually cobble together a bunch of mods into the minecraft_server.jar to create a server experience like Tekkit...if there was no Tekkit. Simple facts are, not everyone has time to be Direwolf20, some of us have lives and don't make our living a few cents per Youtube ad. And when I want to play Minecraft, I want a simple, easy to install and use system which doesn't require me to have to endlessly fuck with my server so me and my friends can enjoy the exact same experience that makes our Minecraft time better.

So if modders want to be dicks....fuck em. I don't much give a damn. Cause in the end, if every mod was pulled out of Tekkit by author demand, I'd just shut down my MC server and do something else with my friends and my time.

To be frank I could give a rats ass about mods that aren't in the Tekkit pack, I have no intention of ripping out my server install to run another mod pack. I damn sure won't be bothered to have to manually cobble together a bunch of mods into the minecraft_server.jar to create a server experience like Tekkit...if there was no Tekkit. Simple facts are, not everyone has time to be Direwolf20, some of us have lives and don't make our living a few cents per Youtube ad. And when I want to play Minecraft, I want a simple, easy to install and use system which doesn't require me to have to endlessly fuck with my server so me and my friends can enjoy the exact same experience that makes our Minecraft time better.

So if modders want to be dicks....fuck em. I don't much give a damn. Cause in the end, if every mod was pulled out of Tekkit by author demand, I'd just shut down my MC server and do something else with my friends and my time.

Frankly, this

When Tekkit Lite came out I conviced my friends on my server to get them to say goodbye to the current world and switch to lite

Aside from A) We didn't know what half of this stuff did and B) WHAT THE F*** HAPPENED TO MY FABRICATORS! (mostly me) it was great, we had the latest minecraft, but with tekkitness

Then the custom zip feature was added, so i did a little poking about, and added transformers back in

That took me...bout 20 minutes? And that was no mod knowledge 1 install on to a pack that already had all the parent mods installed, 1 mod out of 62 took me 20 minutes, getting my head around the complete pack would be hell

So I'll follow Tekkit because it's easy to use, a good friend showed it to me, and it's fun

Also, FTB? I didn't hear about that until Lite came out and the Railcraft stuff kicked off, the irony

Frankly, this

So I'll follow Tekkit because it's easy to use, a good friend showed it to me, and it's fun

Also, FTB? I didn't hear about that until Lite came out and the Railcraft stuff kicked off, the irony

That's no coincidence. Guess how FTB got popular in the first place?

Does that mean everyone's going to die of dysentery?

Nope. Death by dumb bullshit overload. Slowpoke has things figured out. He's approaching FTB like an American presidential race. Bush era with annoying pulls from the Romney/Obama race. In essence he has declared that Technic has weapons of mass destruction and the community needs to rally behind him to stop us. He is the good honest trustworthy guy and the other guys are liars and dishonest, take his word for it. He also demands to see the birth certificate Obama Permissions KakerMix.

It's all the worst parts rolled into one. :psyduck:

Really what I'm saying is Obama should lets play Tekkit.

It's a shame, as GregTech has some very nice end-game expansions for IC2, though the recipe-crippling should be turned off.

Not to be an pot-stirrer, but have we actually tried just asking nicely? Or do you think it would just make matters worse?

(I don't know all the history behind this, so please pardon if I'm stepping on a sore spot.)

It's a shit mod, from a shit author. As SemiPr0 so eloquently put it; If the Technic team feel it isn't worthy of their pack, well, that's good enough for me.

agreed. I never used the mod before I saw this thread. I added it to my Tekkit Lite. It's crap. Was not worth the time it took to make it work with Tekkit...

Ehh its got some good points and bad points. But I think it's absolutely pathetic that he's so anti-tekkit that he would block the mod from working with tekkit when the tekkit pack authors don't even want his mod. What a tool. He makes Sengir look halfway decent.

Here a fix to make it tekkit compatible, whether old Greg likes it or not.

1) Download the gregtech addon from here

2) Open the zip, go into the gregtechmod folder and replace the GT_Mod class file with this

3) Install it to your tekkitlite manually or using the customzip feature, resolve the block ID conflicts with mystcraft, tubestuff and transformers

4) Enjoy the lack of enjoyment that gregtech brings to the experience

Congratulations you're now playing minecraft on your own terms

Here a fix to make it tekkit compatible, whether old Greg likes it or not.

1) Download the gregtech addon from here

2) Open the zip, go into the gregtechmod folder and replace the GT_Mod class file with this

3) Install it to your tekkitlite manually or using the customzip feature, resolve the block ID conflicts with mystcraft, tubestuff and transformers

4) Enjoy the lack of enjoyment that gregtech brings to the experience

Congratulations you're now playing minecraft on your own terms

hampdog, if you are going to release a patch, at least be awesome and troll greg a little bit. there is some fun stuff in there if you just look. For those that are wondering, the offending code is this:

mDoNotInit = tFile.getAbsolutePath().contains(".technic") || tFile.getAbsolutePath().contains(".tekkit") || tFile.getAbsolutePath().contains(".Technic") || tFile.getAbsolutePath().contains(".Tekkit");

if(mDoNotInit)

{

System.err.println("*");

System.err.println("*");

System.err.println("*");

System.err.println("Hello, Gregorius Techneticies here,");

System.err.println("I see you most likely use Tekkit, but this Mod won't load, until Kakermix asks me PERSONALLY for the inclusion of my Mod. So bug HIM for it.");

System.err.println("PS. I could have exploded your Worlds, but i didn't for Publicityreasons.");

System.err.println("PPS. This Addon is Part of the FTB-Pack. It's even easier to use than Tekkit");

System.err.println("*");

System.err.println("*");

System.err.println("*");

tConfig1.get("Switching this won't help", "Tekkitsupport", false);

tConfig1.save();

return;

}

A simple YOINK!  And you can play gregtech at the absolute mockery of gregoriuosT.

also, I found this at the very top:

public GT_Mod()

{

mAlreadyPlayed = false;

mBlockStackSize = 64;

mOreStackSize = 64;

mWoodStackSize = 64;

mPlankStackSize = 64;

mGregTechCapeList.add("SpwnX");

mGregTechCapeList.add("Hotchi");

mGregTechCapeList.add("Seldron");

mGregTechCapeList.add("yinscape");

mGregTechCapeList.add("voooon24");

mGregTechCapeList.add("djshiny99");

mGregTechCapeList.add("megatronp");

mGregTechCapeList.add("DZCreeper");

mGregTechCapeList.add("Kane_Hart");

mGregTechCapeList.add("chainman564");

mGregTechCapeList.add("michaelbrady");

mGregTechCapeList.add("CrafterOfMines57");

mGregTechCapeList.add("adamros");

mGregTechCapeList.add("alexbegt");

mBrainTechCapeList.add("Friedi4321");

}

With a little bit of science wizardry, I can do something absolutely amazing:

public GT_Mod()

{

mAlreadyPlayed = false;

mBlockStackSize = 64;

mOreStackSize = 64;

mWoodStackSize = 64;

mPlankStackSize = 64;

mGregTechCapeList.add("Kakermix");

mGregTechCapeList.add("sct");

mGregTechCapeList.add("Cheapshot");

mGregTechCapeList.add("IceWolf");

mGregTechCapeList.add("Miniboxer"); //because

}

It's a shame, as GregTech has some very nice end-game expansions for IC2, though the recipe-crippling should be turned off.

Not to be an pot-stirrer, but have we actually tried just asking nicely? Or do you think it would just make matters worse?

(I don't know all the history behind this, so please pardon if I'm stepping on a sore spot.)

the reason he hasn't been asked for permission is because, last time I checked, there are no plans to ever include his mod in the pack. there's 0 reason to talk to the guy when his mod isn't going to be in the pack. I guess he just really wishes he mattered enough for kakermix to speak to him even once? who knows?

Ehh its got some good points and bad points. But I think it's absolutely pathetic that he's so anti-tekkit that he would block the mod from working with tekkit when the tekkit pack authors don't even want his mod. What a tool. He makes Sengir look halfway decent.

Yeah, at least Sengir allowed people to install Forestry manually.

the reason he hasn't been asked for permission is because, last time I checked, there are no plans to ever include his mod in the pack. there's 0 reason to talk to the guy when his mod isn't going to be in the pack. I guess he just really wishes he mattered enough for kakermix to speak to him even once? who knows?

Pretty much what I said when it first came out that GregTech isn't compatible with Technic.

He's one of those people who is with FTB just to "oppose Technic", and he's also sucking up to slowpoke just how much he hates Technic. Typical bandwagon hate.

Yeah, at least Sengir allowed people to install Forestry manually.

Pretty much what I said when it first came out that GregTech isn't compatible with Technic.

He's one of those people who is with FTB just to "oppose Technic", and he's also sucking up to slowpoke just how much he hates Technic. Typical bandwagon hate.

And half the FTB playerbase doesn't even want his mod. Even Direwolf20 doesn't use it...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've even seen guides on how to remove/disable GregTech on the FTB forums.

Even on Slowpoke's FTB launch day livestream he went over the Gregtech disabling procedure multiple times. And they still get the ~weekly post from someone wanting to disable it.