Anyone else here excited for the new simcity?

willhoot

You seem to not use Steam to it's full potential. I think that's just EA being... EA.

Steam sales don't count, because they aren't even remotely reliable. I get one thing from a steam sale once in a great while, but mostly it's only stuff i've got no interest in that goes on sale. That or it's another "get skyrim for 6% off" sale.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EA - Now going after Origin accounts / Sim City keys of people who complained

It looks like EA is now going after Origin accounts from people who ordered from Amazon and complained. They seem to be targeting accounts of people who asked for refunds, but there are also Origin accounts getting the ban hammer for just sending a complaint or in other cases, people losing access to their legitimate copy of SimCity.

A few early signs:

http://www.reddit.co...te_simcity_key/

http://www.reddit.co...zon_orders_and/

http://i.imgur.com/nMBlmf0.png

http://forums.someth...0#post413488508

From the SA thread...

A word of warning to all of you with Amazon keys. After speaking with Amazon support it seems that every single person who bought a key through Amazon and has contacted Amazon regarding the game, for a refund or not, is at risk for deactivation. EA took all complaints that were passed on to them as chargebacks and is disabling them. Amazon has been trying to get these reactivated but some of the keys (like mine, apparently) were deactivated and cannot be reactivated. The Amazon rep I talked to said she was gong to try to get the key reactivated through EA but couldn't promise that it would work. The only thing should could do at that point is reduce the game price & give me a standard key BUT they've apparently already had this problem and the transition from limited edition to standard edition causes the game servers to freak out.

IMAGINE THAT, ANOTHER EA FUCKUP

Steam sales don't count, because they aren't even remotely reliable. I get one thing from a steam sale once in a great while, but mostly it's only stuff i've got no interest in that goes on sale. That or it's another "get skyrim for 6% off" sale.

Worst part is, that isn't even exaggerated. Steam usually jacks up the price 2 days before a sale so they can make their discounts look better. So they increase the price from 35 to 60, then back to 30 to call it "50% off!". So, yeah. Pretty close to 6%.

Worst part is, that isn't even exaggerated. Steam usually jacks up the price 2 days before a sale so they can make their discounts look better. So they increase the price from 35 to 60, then back to 30 to call it "50% off!". So, yeah. Pretty close to 6%.

Uh. What. No they don't. Also Steam/Valve doesn't control sales, the developers do and all of the sales I've seen were legit sales. I've never seen a single instance of the sale price being the same as the regular price.

As well as Spore, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, the Sims, and many others.

I haven't played Spore or Dragon Age. I still have Sims 1, and it's one of the best games on my computer. I have Mass Effect 1 and 2, but I haven't gotten to playing 2. Also, SimCity 3000.

As well as Spore, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, the Sims, and many others.

How did they destroy Spore? Was there a sequel so bad that they don't talk about it anymore? Sims 3 doesn't seem to bad either. SimCity is going to be a real kick in the arse for EA though, the amount of trouble it's causing them will probably stay with them forever.

I wonder if they'll be sued for lieing about it being impossible for them to have an offline mode...

Oh, you mean the original. I quite enjoyed it, to be honest. The spam of similar RPG spinoffs was terrible, though. I'm looking at you, Spore Heroes.

I quite liked darkspore, actually. still do despite the always on requirement that was years ahead of diablo 3 and not even close to being justifiable. of course, the servers for that game actually work. great game though, seriously.

I quite liked darkspore, actually. still do despite the always on requirement that was years ahead of diablo 3 and not even close to being justifiable. of course, the servers for that game actually work. great game though, seriously.

I agree, Darkspore is a pretty good game. I enjoy it, but it's one of those games that you play for a bit then forget about.

Uh. What. No they don't. Also Steam/Valve doesn't control sales, the developers do and all of the sales I've seen were legit sales. I've never seen a single instance of the sale price being the same as the regular price.

They actually DO do that. Not sure if it's the publisher or Valve doing it, but it IS being done.

I've never actually seen that either. Please post proof.

Oh, you mean the original. I quite enjoyed it, to be honest. The spam of similar RPG spinoffs was terrible, though. I'm looking at you, Spore Heroes.

No he means the development version of Spore. Anyone who followed spores dev saw a radically different game on release than they did in dev. It wasn't even the same game. EA had artists and idiots swarm in to give it a playmobile makeover at the last second before shipping. It went from a really cool game with evolution, much more realistic setting and brutal survival to a wacky dancing clown honk honk face paint fun for the family game!!! Here is an arm on the ground, let me pick it up and put it on myself. Look see? That's not reeeallly evolution please don't get mad at us white christian America!

Left people who were hyped for it for over a year going "what the fuck just happened?". They took out an entire stage of the game!

This was spore.

And it had such potential before it was neutered.

Still, I wonder if EA's new CEO will help lead them away from the whole short-term profits focus thing. If so, they may be able to turn around the whole "Evil gaming corporation" image. I mean, they won't fix how I see them, but hey, they might convince others.

This was spore.

Holy crap! That looked amazing!

I thought the idea of progress was to add new awesome stuff in, not remove it...

Did they ever give a reason for doing this? It went from the game of my dreams to... Well, a good game until compared to what it was.