Underground mods

Industrial Miner

It's already been done, it's even on the front page of the site! It's called Roots.

Meh, that's one pack. I'm thinking an entire series of Hipster packs, each with a different creator.

Besides, Roots is way too mainstream now...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't see the point in going through a dimensional door+loading screen twice, just to teleport. Mystcraft is better suited for this.

Actually, in DD, you can use a rift signature to make a warp door go to somewhere in the same dimension, and there's virtually no loading involved.

Meh, that's one pack. I'm thinking an entire series of Hipster packs, each with a different creator.

Besides, Roots is way too mainstream now...

Yeah, I looked at the modlist (I havn't heard of roots until just now), and I still feel it has a lot of the "mainstream" mods out there, like TC, TE, RP, and so on. However, it does have quite a few I havn't heard of, and looks very nice.

But yeah, I'll be making a modpack now, and anyone else is welcome to do so themselves. :)

Can't you just use a flat always-day Mystcraft world + portals instead? Or are there additional properties of those Tardis dimensions that I'm missing?

the most recent mystcraft makes doing this a massive pain. it actually makes using the mod at all a massive pain. these doors are quick, easy, low cost, have no mob spawning no matter what, are a good size, and put less load on servers both in terms of load while running and disk space.

Yeah, I've always been a bigger fan of Mystcraft ages, but Mystcraft is now harder to "earn". Symbols can't just be magically added to worlds automatically and then copied into your notebook, you now need to actually find them.

The way it works is simple, there are 2 primary ways to get symbols.

First is to buy them from special villagers for anywhere from 1 to 64 emeralds.The villagers look like the magenta robe wearing priests but have a gold strip down their front.

Second is to find lost library dungeons that only spawn in mystraft worlds and are a bit rare. These spawn on the surface and look like stone brick boxs filled with book cases, not hard to miss.

So you can either hunt down a village with the right villager and farm emeralds or go diving in randomly created mystraft worlds that almost always have some instability to varying degrees. As you can still make random worlds with descriptive books, you just cannot get the symbols out of them.

You can find symbols in other dungeons, such as Dimensional Doors loot chests. I've done this before. However, due to the huge amount of them, it can take ages.

That is the secondary way to do it but is least desirable, easiest way is to build a villager breeder and abuse them for emeralds and pages.

You can find symbols in other dungeons, such as Dimensional Doors loot chests. I've done this before. However, due to the huge amount of them, it can take ages.

Lololol ages

Anyhow, yeah. There's so many symbols that there's an entire tab in the Creative menu for them.

But once you do find these symbols in dungeons and such, can you still put them in your notebook and add them to descriptive books like in older versions?

I smell Diamond Ore symbols being sold for ludicrous amounts of industrial credits in those trade-o-mats. That is, if anyone could ever get their hands on one.

I'd rather make a decent farmworld and sell the books themselves. Less overhead on a server.

For Multiplayer use, it's usually best to keep Mystcraft usage admin-only, apart from Linking Books. You could make an Accelerated farm world and sell linking books to there. The server is bound to get laggy and flooded if everyone makes tons of worlds.

I smell Diamond Ore symbols being sold for ludicrous amounts of industrial credits in those trade-o-mats. That is, if anyone could ever get their hands on one.

Are IC credits used for anything besides boasting?

But making a small villager tradestation was painless and easy.

I just set up some fenced off areas, then portalguned a wheat buyer(a sugarcane buyer would work too), a symbol seller, and redstone seller into their own pens. Then when I need something I sell wheat for emeralds and buy symbols. Grinding emeralds would probably go faster with two or more wheat/sugarcane buyers.

The symbol merchant changes which symbol they sell each time they restock.

---

Even without a portalgun it would be simple to find the merchants you want and isolate them in a pen near your base.

Another option is a infinite villager breeder which uses a villager in a mine cart that takes him to a fake house above a pen of villagers. Which triggers them to breed non stop as long as the mine cart villager is in the fake house and turns off when you wheel him out.

This way you can quickly build up a ton of villagers and setup a auto killing system for the ones with bad trades, just do not kill them your self as they hate it when you do that.

For more info this design was featured in one of docm77's video's and made appearances in a few other channels such as direwolf20's where someone on forge craft made it to farm pages.