List of good places to host your modpack file

FatsackTony

Dropbox is pretty good, but you'll have to enable Public Folder.

If you don't want to waste your precious space, you could always make a new account and only login to it through the web, and upload your stuff via the browser.

Thats what I do. Very easy and it's a quick download to the launcher.

When I try to use Dropbox it goes really slowly and my downloads fail. Omploader is dead, sadly. Does anyone know alternatives to those two?

Enable public folder and put your modpack zip in there.

Enable public folder and put your modpack zip in there.

Even then, it didn't work - would download slowly and eventually fail.

As my modpack is going to be private I just ended up downloading WAMPserver and hosting it on my own computer. Downloads pretty quickly.

Even then, it didn't work - would download slowly and eventually fail.

As my modpack is going to be private I just ended up downloading WAMPserver and hosting it on my own computer. Downloads pretty quickly.

Ah yeah, that's another solution.

But Dropbox can be pretty slow for the first few hours, you need to wait for it to finish uploading and be indexed and such before it's actually usable.

MediaFire doesn't provide direct links. You need a direct link, as in, if you were to click on that link, your browser would immediately start downloading it or prompting you what to do without having to click anything on the page first.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For Dropbox you actually can re-enable the public folder so you don't have to copy the link, paste it in a window, and then right click the blue button.

Once you click the link, your dropbox creates a public folder. Just drop the modpack in the public folder and right click to select copy public link. then you paste that in as the modpack location.

Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/enable_public_folder

Max file size is approx. 1gb

1 GB?! That's an outrage! That is not nearly enough for my new FeedTheTekkiUltraHackSlashHoard Ultimate 5.0 pack, featuring every single version of every single mod ever released! I demand more space!

I've seen all the popular packs they all host there packs on there own websites. Is there a tutorial or video on how to set that up on a website?

If you have hosting space and ftp access, just upload the zip through ftp.

If you don't have an own website, Dropbox works just fine if you enable Public Folder.

Dropbox suspended my account for to much traffic. So I decided to find a free web hosting service and I found one. It works really well to. All you need to do is set it up click file manager, then click on public_html and finally click upload and wholah. Bonus about it is you can make a website as well for it ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes you can, when you go into the mediafire download right click the download button

and click, copy link address. Works perfectly fine.

But does that work for other people as well, even after a few days? I'm pretty sure Mediafire is smart enough to only provide a temporary link.