Is IC2 going to be removed?

No reactors, no redstone wire from RedPower2?

Too bad, Galticraft looked interesting.

Edit: I guess minefactory reloaded has an redwire alternative. But there are other parts of redpower that will be difficult to live without, like the microblocks.

no redstone wire

Too bad, Galticraft looked interesting.

There won't be reactors, but this part is completely wrong. MFR recently added Rednet, which has basically the same functionality. The new update is actually losing very little in terms of actual content - just power generations, UU matter and frames really. The rest is replaced and, quite honestly, Ic2 has been outdated and outmatched for a long time now. Thermal Expansion does pretty much the same thing, and is superior in many ways.

Edit: I guess minefactory reloaded has an redwire alternative. But there are other parts of redpower that will be difficult to live without, like the microblocks.

Immibis' Microblocks covers that.

• Discord Moderator

The only real thing I would miss are the advanced machines. Nothing even comes close to the speed of an overclocked macerator. The TE machines are fantastic... but a tad on the slow side. If there was a way to speed them up, even if it was expensive or had some other requirement, life would be grand.

Well there is a way to speed them up for a cost- you have to spend twice as much energy, twice as many materials, and twice as much space, but they also go twice as fast. You build a second pulverizer. I know it's not as cool and compact, but it does work really well and due to the way Applied Energistics works you tend to build one ore processor per ore type anyway. If you get automation feeding in ore and pulling out dust, though, it really does double the processing speed without much trouble from you.

• Discord Moderator

One processor per ore type? Not so much. Stack 3 relays on an induction furnace to get more "sides" to export to and when combined with level emitters to hold a certain amount of dust in storage you have a fully automated system with a single machine since the induction furnace is fast enough to keep up.

TE Doesn't really take multiples of power since this is paralleled setup, but I get where you are coming from.

I would miss IC2 in so many ways, I would rather have ic2 and thermal expansion, but the best part about all of this is, you can add it yourself! That's pretty awesome in itself that you can add pretty much any mods you want if you can get them to work with others without too many issues. IC2 is just to me, It's one of the biggest mods in tekkit and I really wouldn't want it to be removed. If it is oh well I can easily add it back in. Excited for this new tekkit update!

• Discord Moderator

I recently refreshed the server I host for friends and family. I made the choice to "go a different route" as far as tech progression was concerned and picked something other than solar power as my "tier 1" power source. In the past, having enough copper was always the long pole in the tent. It turns out that if I'm not making solar panels I haven't been short on copper one time and I've got 192 MJ/t of magmatics running MUCH earlier in the game than I would have had an HV solar array (a basically equivalent amount of power during the day, two HVs if you factor in night time).

This is a different, updated collection of mods. I think you may be surprised how much that difference can add to the enjoyment of the game.

Yeah, I figured out a long time ago that taking a completely different route can be a lot of fun.

Too bad a friend of mine doesn't think that way. Threw a hissy fit when he learned IC2 was removed, due to the solar panels.

• Discord Moderator

Heh, yeah. The amount of time I've spent gathering resources (damn you, copper) just so I could keep making more solar panels is staggering. Once MFR came along in Lite, getting rubber was easier, but those first couple HVs, and the storage to support them, are brutal. I've kind of gotten to the point where it seems that the huge amount of resources to make IC2 power sources (solar and nuclear) is kind of a chicken and egg problem. I wouldn't need the avalanche of resources if I wasn't making IC2 power, but I'm making IC2 power so I can more easily have an avalanche of resources.

At this point, I'd just rather head a different direction than spin in that same loop again (although the glacial pace of TE machines will have me missing the advanced/overclocked IC2 machines).

Some pros and cons I have came up with:

Pro: Some good with TE is the way mashines output. I love the auto eject and the simplicity of them.

Con: They are slow and you cannot change that without doubling your infrastructure. The upgrades in IC2 are were great!

Pro: Applyed energistics is so cool and increadable! It makes redpower sorting systems and the such look like smashing stones together!

Con: Nothing adds the divercity RP did. RP does it all very well and nothing replaces frames.

Pro: Change is good. Change is happening!

Pro: Once IC2/RP is updated, the pack will likly be updated to accomidate them putting the cons to pros.

Pro: Once IC2/RP is updated, the pack will likly be updated to accomidate them putting the cons to pros.

Your correct about that, i think since the new tekkit is in 1.5.1, RP and IC2 have yet to be updated, so they can't be put into the pack at this time.

To be honest, i wouldn't miss IC2, getting a chance to mess with TE will be fun, but i would miss redpower.

I'm going to be straightforward with you all- we almost certainly will not be re-adding redpower later on down the road. If it were any other mod, it could be in the cards, but redpower has logic in place to prevent people from generating the world sans volcanos and then adding redpower. The result is if you just added redpower to your pack, volcanos would spawn randomly around your world, probably destroying your builds. Because of this functionality, once RP2 is out, it's probably out forever. You'll of course have the option to create a modified pack in the platform that adds redpower yourself if you'd like to play with it.

redpower has logic in place to prevent people from generating the world sans volcanos and then adding redpower. The result is if you just added redpower to your pack, volcanos would spawn randomly around your world, probably destroying your builds.

Found that out the hard way. Except that the logic didn't trigger once, but every time I loaded my world.

I'm going to be straightforward with you all- we almost certainly will not be re-adding redpower later on down the road. If it were any other mod, it could be in the cards, but redpower has logic in place to prevent people from generating the world sans volcanos and then adding redpower. The result is if you just added redpower to your pack, volcanos would spawn randomly around your world, probably destroying your builds. Because of this functionality, once RP2 is out, it's probably out forever. You'll of course have the option to create a modified pack in the platform that adds redpower yourself if you'd like to play with it.

Isn't there a way(for the mod creator) to fix that, or a way to just stop volcano generating?