Help Test Tekkit 1.2.5c (1.6.4, FINALLY!)

Skuli

Tekkit is now well into its 1.6.4 beta.
As with all betas, it is crucial that you back up your worlds before upgrading, lest your hard work be lost forever.
You can help test this version by selecting "Always use latest builds" or "Manually select a build" under the Tekkit modpack options.
There are no earth-shattering changes in this first 1.6.4 build, it's generally a mod-for-mod upgrade from 1.5.2, but a few things to be aware of:

SCT's Simple Power Storage mod is no more; the tiered storage available with Thermal Expansion 3 render this mod unnecessary.

An Obsidian Plate has been replaced with ObsidiPlates; any existing obsidian plates will have vanished.

Modular Power Suits Addons is no more, as the mod will not be seeing a 1.6.4 update.

Omnitools mod is gone, having been rolled into the CoFH mods.

Please report any issues with this BETA release in this thread!

A server release is available at http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/servers/tekkitmain/Tekkit_Server_v1.2.5c.zip

The current list of mods:

Balkon's Weapon Mod v1.13
bspkrs Core v5.0
Buildcraft v4.2.1
ChickenChunks v1.3.3.3
CodeChickenCore v0.9.0.7
ComputerCraft v1.58
CoFH Core v2.0.0.0
Dimensional Anchors v57.1.0
Equivelant Exchange 3 vpre2a.34
EnderStorage v1.4.3.5
Immibis Core v57.1.6
Inventory Tweaks v1.56b77
Iron Chests v5.4.1.649
Minefactory Reloaded v2.7.4-255
Mystcraft v0.10.11.00
Not Enough Items v1.6.1.8
NEI Plugins v1.1.0.6
Nether Ores v2.2.1-14
OpenCCSensors v1.6.4.1
PowerCrystals Core v1.1.8.9
Rei's Minimap v3.4_01-164
Thermal Expansion v3.0.0.0
Applied Energistics v13.c.162
Steve's Carts v2.0.0.b3
Dimensional Doors v2.1.2.rctechnic
Modular Power Suits v0.9.0.84
Immibis Microblocks v57.3.2
Backpacks V1.22.25
Treecapitator v1.6.4.r06
Trade Booth v0.6.4.2
BC Additional Pipes v1.0.7.557
Galacticraft v2.0.9.908
Greg's Lighting v1.9.1
Project Bench v1.8.0
Atomic Science v1.0.0.160
MFFS v3.5.0.255
Open Peripheral v0.2.1-preview8
BC Logistics Pipes v0.7.4.dev.85
qCraft v1.0.2
Galacticraft-Planets v2.0.8.908
UE-Core v2.3.0.197
Obsidiplates v2.0.0.15
Redstone Arsenal v1.0.0.0
MicDoodle Core v2.0.8.908

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made the following changes with the item IDs in the powersuits.cfg to make the suit and Tinker Table work again (otherwise they are gone)

These changes are just necessary if you want to play on an "old" Tekkit 1.1.10 Map!

block {

I:"Lux Capacitor"=836

I:"Power Armor Tinker Table"=837

}

item {

I:"Power Armor Component"=5776

I:"Power Armor Feet"=5777

I:"Power Armor Head"=5778

I:"Power Armor Legs"=5779

I:"Power Armor Torso"=5780

I:"Power Tool"=5781

}

In the Chemical Extractor deuterium is shown as "liquid.bacterialsludge" but has the correct Name Deuterium when you look at the Fluidduct :/

Probably another bug is that i get to extract Steam from the Steam Funnel. I tried it with every combination with Fluidducts.

The strange thing is, that the Liquidducts show that there is Steam in the pipe but didnt get to fill any type of steam accepting block with it.

Ah ok, I thought I should also report "compatibility" problems for you to fix =)

Just a little question:

Why you don't use up2date versions of all mods for 1.6.4? And i don't want to offend or blame someone (if it sounds like that) =)

For example:

• bspkrs Core 5.0 instead of 5.2
  • qCraft v1.0.2 instead of 1.1
  • Thermal Expansion 3.0.0.0 instead of 3.0.0.2

That would be awesome... also for testing, because the new versions are mostly full of bugfixes.

Just a little question:

Why you don't use up2date versions of all mods for 1.6.4? And i don't want to offend or blame someone (if it sounds like that) =)

Because adding all your mods at once to a modpack and hoping they will play nicely together would mean headache if there is a problem. Where do you look first? Sometimes it's obvious other times it's not. Trickle updating mods and letting us play with them for a while to work out kinks and bugs along the way makes it easier overall.

Can we please loose Atomic science is favor of Big Reactors? Native TE3 support etc ?

Also Redstone In Motion which is pretty cool and a well supported mod.

I have both working with the above list (sans atomic science) on my private test pack without issues but I personally think that they are worthy additions..

Ah ok, I thought I should also report "compatibility" problems for you to fix =)

Just a little question:

For example:

• bspkrs Core 5.0 instead of 5.2
  • qCraft v1.0.2 instead of 1.1
  • Thermal Expansion 3.0.0.0 instead of 3.0.0.2

That would be awesome... also for testing, because the new versions are mostly full of bugfixes.

They'll be updated over the next little while. I needed to pick a stationary target to do some pre-test testing against, and that happened to be the mod selection at that point in time.

I did the unthinkable and updated my 1.1.10 world. There's good news and bad news.

The bad news is that a bunch of things have changed, so they'll need replacing. EE3 Minium stones and shards will need to be cheated in, as will some BuildCraft pipes. In addition, my redstone energy conduits turned into leadstone energy conduits and my steam engines vanished instead of turning into dynamos, but that shouldn't be a problem because of the good news:

1.5 Redstone energy cells convert to Creative energy cells! Free unlimited power! Wheeee!

If you have made a great deal of progress in your world, I would not suggest trying to update, as your list of changes will likely be much longer than mine. I have made very little progress in my world so far, however, so the fixes took me no time at all. I'm looking forward to trying out all the cool new stuff! :D

Because adding all your mods at once to a modpack and hoping they will play nicely together would mean headache if there is a problem. Where do you look first? Sometimes it's obvious other times it's not. Trickle updating mods and letting us play with them for a while to work out kinks and bugs along the way makes it easier overall.

I think you didn't get my question right :P All mods ARE in, but not in the newest version ;)

But Skuli answered my question (thx for that):

They'll be updated over the next little while. I needed to pick a stationary target to do some pre-test testing against, and that happened to be the mod selection at that point in time.

Can we please loose Atomic science is favor of Big Reactors? Native TE3 support etc ?

Also Redstone In Motion which is pretty cool and a well supported mod.

I have both working with the above list (sans atomic science) on my private test pack without issues but I personally think that they are worthy additions..

You're not the only one to mention this; I'm going to update most of the current mods to their latest release versions, and look into Big Reactors and a few other mods as well.

One suggestion, try out applied energistics, "extra cells" addon. Adds support for liquids to the me storage network, plus larger storage cells and a few not as important items.

Atomic science v:1.0.0.160 should have direct TE3/Redstoneflux support. I've played with this exact same version of it and the support was there. Might be a conflict with something else causing the atomic science ---> TE3 issue, I'll see if I can spot anything when I play around more. I see one thing, in the other pack I've tried, they have the same version of atomic science, plus basic components, but NOT Universal Electric core... odd. Oh! Note on fluiducts. When you connect a fuiduct to a steam funnel, the duct says it has steam, because it is showing you what it WILL be piping, not what is IS piping. Also, the fluiducts need no redstone signal to pump anymore. The redstone signal is to Turn Off the fluiduct instead.

Big Reactors: interesting, not really "better" then atomic science fission. But the big reactor it's self gives you a lot more to play around with then just setting it up, adding a fission cell, and winning. So a bit more interesting to operate once completed. And possibly lower on the client/server resource demands.

I'd also suggest looking into switching Balkon's Weapons Mod to Tinker's Construct instead. A lot more customization is involved with making weapons and tools using Tinkers, compaired to Balkon's. But... I do not know for certain how much server/client load it would add to the modpack... Might add too much "bulk" to the modpack, making it slower... Not sure, I've only tried it in a full pack, not by its self. I have nothing against Balkon's, just so you know.

One last thing... Something fishy is going on between MFFS and Universal Electric Core. If UE core is removed(was testing the above AS ---> TE3 issue), MFFS crashes the game with 2 "missing block" conflicts. So yeah, something odd is going on between those two.

2014-01-09 20:19:52 [sEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] The following problems were captured during this phase

2014-01-09 20:19:52 [sEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Caught exception from MFFS

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: rotationMask

at mffs.block.BlockForceManipulator.<init>(BlockForceManipulator.java:18)

at mffs.ModularForceFieldSystem.preInit(ModularForceFieldSystem.java:205)

Atomic Science is also working fine for me on a new SP and new SMP map and plays quite well with TE3... and with the new "big" cells (50M RedFlux Capacity [5M MJ Capacity]) from TE3 a fission reactor output is better to handle.

What I really like on this mod is the explosion of a fission reactor, it's small but the surrounded chunk will be contaminated - like in real life (if there would be chunks in real life :D)

In my opinion Atomic Science looks like a very realistic mod about this type of energy.

Never tried "Big Reactors"...

• Discord Moderator

For those folks interested in moving a 1.1.x world up to this version, keep in mind that the worldgen changed dramatically between MC1.5.x and MC1.6.x. While this won't be a huge issue, the "borders" could get funky, and any "regenerated" chunks will be way off.

For those folks interested in moving a 1.1.x world up to this version, keep in mind that the worldgen changed dramatically between MC1.5.x and MC1.6.x. While this won't be a huge issue, the "borders" could get funky, and any "regenerated" chunks will be way off.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of 1.7? AFAIK the only terrain change in 1.6 was that pond generation was disabled in deserts.

• Discord Moderator

Hmm, well, just from some small testing, On a world created with Tekkit 1.1.x, if I make a NEW world with the same seed, same everything, it is quite different. Maybe I'm way off the boat here, but was just relaying my personal experience. I'd be quite happy to be wrong here. One of the ways this crept up was that a couple chunk "resets" ended up with completely different terrain. In a desert, for instance, a single chunk got reset and is now very different. I may have something else going on. Who knows? The map has been around since the first release of the new Tekkit.

Edit:

<cough> Hmmm <cough>. I may have gotten my servers confused (running...so...many...). By way of an apology, here is a link to a wonderful walk-through of the new Thermal Expansion:

Have you considered introducing Project Red to add Forge Multipart functionality (Which will be VERY useful for Thermal Expansion's Item and Fluiducts)? It is compatible with Immibis's Microblocks IIRC.

You may also consider phasing out Immibis's mods in favour of the superior FMP and Project Red, and finalizing the phasing out in 1.7.

1.2.1 is going live shortly.

Still beta, but updated most mods to more recent builds.

Updated mods:

Backpacks to 1.26.29

bspkrscore to 5.2

buildcraft to 4.2.2

cofhcore to 2.0.0.2

dimanchor to 57.1.9

ironchests to 5.4.1.675

openccsensors to 1.6.4.1b

stevescarts to 2.0.0.b9

thermal expansion to 3.0.0.2

treecapitator to 1.6.4.r09

Atomic Science to 1.0.0.164

MFFS to 3.6.1.313

QCraft to 1.1

Dimensional Doors to 2.2.1.RC1-48

Should have some new additions tomorrow. Been a busy week IRL.