Help Test Tekkit 1.2.5c (1.6.4, FINALLY!)

Skuli

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Antimatter 1g explosion (thrown on ground) crashes game in SSP. Haven't tried in SMP.

Also, has the Applied Energistics mod Extra Cells been looked at for inclusion in this modpack? Liquid storage would be pretty cool, especially with all of the new liquids TE3 added.

I have encountered this same problem. I narrowed it down to something between DD and Galacticraft. Simply removing the DimensionalDoors folder from your world (while shut down) gets you back up and running. I'm hoping there is maybe a way to blacklist the Galacticraft dimension IDs (there is a blacklist.txt file in DimensionalDoors/data/ but it is undocumented) as I expect that would resolve this problem.

Can confirm this, dimensional doors registers the GC worlds when loading its saves and GC tries to do the same later but can't anymore (as they already are), This causes the server to stop there (showing up as being online) and crashes the client when trieing to join.

For future reference to all server hosters, and singleplayer players, when it comes to modular power suits:

Yesterday me and my gf on my local server tested out modular power suits, and i found a way to fix it so it is actually useable at 100%

All you have to do is remove the current MPS version u have, and install the one from their vebsite.

http://machinemuse.net/download.php

i asume you have to remove the whole mod, because the filename is "ModularPowersuits-1.6.2-0.9.0-76.jar" while the one that comes with tekkit launcher is ModularPowersuits-1.6.2-0.9.0-8X (8x means 80 something, 81-89 in other words)

After this you HAVE TO install, vanilla.recipies found in the same download link.

all vanilla recipes work with tekkit launcher, and you can still charge it with therminal expansion (the suit that is)

i think there is something wrong with therminal expansion and Modular Powersuits not working together as well as they should, since the wireing cant be made.

(note: When using therminalexpansion.recipes you still get the recipe in NEI, but when its put in the workbench, the actuall outcome item whould apear, or be made. In vanilla recipes that is oposite, in other words 100% working :) )

Hope this helps others with MPS

Chests in Nether Fortresses don't seem to contain any mod items, just Vanilla loot.'

EDIT: Another very odd bug.

Magmatic engines connected to fluiducts... If I place an Ender Tank (already configured, set to output) on top of them to connect it to the fluiducts the game crashes and when I restart the tank has transformed into an Enderchest with the same colours :?

For future reference to all server hosters, and singleplayer players, when it comes to modular power suits:

Yesterday me and my gf on my local server tested out modular power suits, and i found a way to fix it so it is actually useable at 100%

All you have to do is remove the current MPS version u have, and install the one from their vebsite.

http://machinemuse.net/download.php

i asume you have to remove the whole mod, because the filename is "ModularPowersuits-1.6.2-0.9.0-76.jar" while the one that comes with tekkit launcher is ModularPowersuits-1.6.2-0.9.0-8X (8x means 80 something, 81-89 in other words)

After this you HAVE TO install, vanilla.recipies found in the same download link.

all vanilla recipes work with tekkit launcher, and you can still charge it with therminal expansion (the suit that is)

i think there is something wrong with therminal expansion and Modular Powersuits not working together as well as they should, since the wireing cant be made.

(note: When using therminalexpansion.recipes you still get the recipe in NEI, but when its put in the workbench, the actuall outcome item whould apear, or be made. In vanilla recipes that is oposite, in other words 100% working :) )

Hope this helps others with MPS

Wouldnt this mean players would have to update 2 for them to come in ? Since its 2 different mod versions on server and in client side ? And therefore not a reliable way to do it ?

Wouldnt this mean players would have to update 2 for them to come in ? Since its 2 different mod versions on server and in client side ? And therefore not a reliable way to do it ?

I dont know if the vanilla.recipes from version 1.6.2-0.9.0-76.jar will work with the version 1.6.2-0.9.0-8X, i have not tested it, but you can test it yourself, just copy your servers mods etc, run a local server on a machine around the house, or the one you play minecraft at, just to test.

Just put in the vanilla.recipes and try i guess. On "paper" it shouldnt work if you know what i mean, but what the hell, with some mods in minecraft, old conig files and other text files, it havent mattered before, so i think it whould work.

test it and post update here! :)

I dont know if the vanilla.recipes from version 1.6.2-0.9.0-76.jar will work with the version 1.6.2-0.9.0-8X, i have not tested it, but you can test it yourself, just copy your servers mods etc, run a local server on a machine around the house, or the one you play minecraft at, just to test.

Just put in the vanilla.recipes and try i guess. On "paper" it shouldnt work if you know what i mean, but what the hell, with some mods in minecraft, old conig files and other text files, it havent mattered before, so i think it whould work.

test it and post update here! :)

Don't!

That version of for MC 1.6.2 NOT 1.6.4... you basicly downgrade to an older version and this change will need to be made to every client that wants to play on your server to boot.

Version 1.6.4-0.9.0-84 which is is currently used in tekkit works 100% fine, it just has the recipes missing which i posted above how you can fix it. This modification needs to be done only to the server, so anyone can still join without modding their tekkit. (unless they want to use mps in SSP too).

-------

Applied Engergistics rv14 is not technically a stable build some bugs related to crafted are present and were never able to be resolved as such AlgotrithmX2 stopped development on rv14 and moved on to focus on a 1.7 version of A.E.

http://ae-mod.info/Announcement/

Technically, many mods in Tekkit are not yet full releases and in beta or even alpha state... or aren't realy stable builds...

Also:

Allrighty, so here is what I have as the current reported issues for the 1.6.4 update.

I either got someting to add to that list or you fixed that already for the next version:

Using an ME Storage Bus (AE) on a Deep Storage Unit (MFR) will crash the game (server) if the DSU is empty and the ME system tries to insert any item into the DSU.

Possible Fix (not tested by me yet):

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2016680-162164-powercrystals-mods-minefactoryreloaded-powercrystalscore-and-netherores-updated/page__st__340#entry26599387

If you even bother goto MPS website and read on downloads, you whouldnt write what u just did, that is false information (about MPS).

At the download page it says :

1.6.2 (works with 1.6.4)

Also forgot to mention what he did aswell playera dont need .recipe only server

If you even bother goto MPS website and read on downloads, you whouldnt write what u just did, that is false information (about MPS).

At the download page it says :

1.6.2 (works with 1.6.4)

Also forgot to mention what he did aswell playera dont need .recipe only server

You don't even bother to read earlier posts to this thread so don't blame others to not read up other information... (I even linked to that page in my post and if you read carfully you can even see that the 1.6.2 recipe file will not work with 1.6.4).

If there is a version especially for 1.6.4 (the one tekkit currently uses) and it is newer than the version for 1.6.2, then they normaly exist for a reason and should be used with the correct version of minecraft.

As a hotfix your solution requires server and client to replace the mod with another version which either leads to players that don't do that not being able to join or if it they can that there is a chance for crashes/corruption to occur. On the other hand my solution requires to only add a single missing file to the server.

I have read through the thread, and have not seen this mentioned. Any chance to get a multiblock liquid tank?

Possible 1.6.4 options (I am at work, cant test or do more research):

OpenBlocks

Dynamic Liquid Tanks 2

Thanks for all the work! I have enjoyed the modpack!

I have read through the thread, and have not seen this mentioned. Any chance to get a multiblock liquid tank?

Possible 1.6.4 options (I am at work, cant test or do more research):

OpenBlocks

Dynamic Liquid Tanks 2

Thanks for all the work! I have enjoyed the modpack!

I've been running OpenBlocks+tekkit for a little bit, I really like the tank system and other items openblocks uses.

I have encountered this same problem. I narrowed it down to something between DD and Galacticraft. Simply removing the DimensionalDoors folder from your world (while shut down) gets you back up and running. I'm hoping there is maybe a way to blacklist the Galacticraft dimension IDs (there is a blacklist.txt file in DimensionalDoors/data/ but it is undocumented) as I expect that would resolve this problem.

Dimensional doors causes all sorts of problems :/ When I made my modpack I removed it and never experienced another crash again <_< >_> Just sayin o:

I would recommend to update OpenPeripherals to a newer version because the current included version Open Peripheral v0.2.1-preview8 has only minimal support for the most new 1.6x compatible mods as also described by the mod owner here.

I have tested the current dev builds:

They are looking good for now.

Important to know is that many commands have been changed in the new version. Very helpful is the doc program under "openp/docs" in-game.

What I have tested:

• Tanks
  • Chests
  • Energy Cells

What is with the tiles? There are so many of them and idk where the tile entities are coming from...

13:40:07 [iNFO] Uptime: 6 minutes 48 seconds

13:40:07 [iNFO] Current TPS = 20

13:40:07 [iNFO] Maximum memory: 4,087 MB.

13:40:07 [iNFO] Allocated memory: 231 MB.

13:40:07 [iNFO] Free memory: 199 MB.

13:40:07 [iNFO] World "Tekkit": 772 chunks, 352 entities, 5,186 tiles.

13:40:07 [iNFO] Nether "DIM-1": 4 chunks, 1 entities, 9 tiles.

13:40:07 [iNFO] World "DIM_MYST25": 5 chunks, 6 entities, 23 tiles.

13:40:07 [iNFO] World "DIM_MYST24": 4 chunks, 1 entities, 7 tiles.

After about 1 hr uptime the servers memory skyrockets to the point to where the java process runs out of memory and the server stalls, only way to get it back up is to kill the process via terminal.

I run all of the technic packs, and with 40 players online the servers can run great on 2-4GB of ram, however this build runs out of memory with 2-8 people online, please look into this.

We are working on our own modpack and we discovered there is a memory leak with Forge Multipart and Thermal Expansion, possibly look into this? By removing those 2 the server ram usage dropped from 1.6GB on start up to 600MB on start up and the client ram usage also dropped from 1.6-2.5GB to 700MB-1GB. I am not sure if this has been fixed or not but i figured i would throw this in here.

Also Deep Storage Units crash the server and use tons of memory.

Right clicking anything with a Flux Infused Wrench will also crash the server.

Players are unable to craft any power armor on my server, they are not banned and even with all plugins removed the problem persists.

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned but if you right click the chemical extractor from Atomic Science in SSP, it just crashes to desktop. This might happen with other machines from that mod but I don't know. Anyone know what's up with that?

EDIT: It also happens with the centrifuge, atomic assembler, and nuclear boiler. The others appear to be fine