Help Test Tekkit 1.2.5c (1.6.4, FINALLY!)

Skuli

For Tekkit 1.1.10 the uranium ore generation just worked (for me) when enabling it in the Atomic Science config file AND changing the ID in the cofh core to 1402... and I had to do the same thing in Tekkit 1.2.1

Oooh, where did you change that ID?

I want my Induction smelter to output a different kind of bronze (Thermal Expansion Bronze?), because it now outputs Tinker Alloy's ingot from Tinker's Construct (it works just like bronze but I don't like the name :c). Where do I change that?

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. my friend is updating the server he has and me and him were updating the server when he had an error

"java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to register dimension for id 1, One is already registered"

is there anyway to fix? and keep the normal world? we have made a lot of progress and we really dont wanna lose any of it.

We have run into two issues with MFFS. The first being that if you right click on a Coercion Deriver with a Redstone energy conduit it will crash the server. The second being that the conversion rate for RF to forton is so low is impossible to run any MFFS machines. Doing some digging apparently both of these issues have been fixed if UE, Calclavia Core, and MFFS. Are updated to their latest versions. We have a crash report from the energy conduit crash if its needed just let me know. But seeing as Calclavia acknowledged the issue and had updated to resolve it per his github I figured It wouldn't be necessary.

BUG

Engines, every kind, won't connect to energy transport pipes/conducts. Wrenching them does nothing at all.

They also aren't able to output any power in any way.

6kz8.png

Might be because I have installed quite a few of other mods, but I that seems unlikely.

Engines are connecting to kinesis pipes fine for me. They're not supposed to connect to conduits anymore, use dynamos for that. They should work fine with buildcraft stuff too AFAIK.

EDIT: Engines are also outputting power. Just hooked up some stirlings to a quarry and it's running fine.

Herpderp. You need wooden/emerald kinesis pipes to get power out of em right?

I dumb :P

EDIT: WAITWHAT? I CANT CONNECT THEM TO MY ENERGY CELLS ANYMORE?!?

FFS WHY?!

I'm really sad now, what can power my stuff now D:

I know the steam dynamo can be me steam power replacement and the compression for my fuel, but are they as efficient?

And is there any way to store power from engines?

Thermal Expansion uses Redstone Flux instead of Minecraft Joules now. RF can be converted into MJ (conduits will do it automatically), but MJ can't be converted into RF with anything I'm aware of.

Weird that TE did that, there's no real reason for it... But okay, apparently Steam and Compression dynamos are as efficient as Combustion and Industrial Steam engines, so I can survive C:

If I remember correctly, TE switched over to its own power system due to some changes in the way MJ worked.

Ow. Sounds kinda childish honestly. "Ew changes we didn't want, screw you MJ, we're going elsewhere" :l

What about everyone just using 1 powersource (except for IC² cuz it's nostalgic), is it so difficult to accept a powersource not made by yourself??? It is only becoming more stupid.

If you start using just TE3 from generation to utilization and everything in between the first thing that I see is that TE is EFFICIENT as hell. They seemed to have taken what BC's MJs where in Tekkit 1.1.x and improved on it in almost every way. As Valkon said MJ has changed and seems to be more a pneumatic style of power. Because TE3 chose to re-implement rather than utilize an existing power format they where able to make it very efficient from the start. Right now we're running into some interoperability issues but give all the mods in question a couple revisions and TE3 might dethrone BC as the core mod of the pack.

The above is simply my opinion and should be treated as such. :D

Ow. Sounds kinda childish honestly. "Ew changes we didn't want, screw you MJ, we're going elsewhere" :l

What about everyone just using 1 powersource (except for IC² cuz it's nostalgic), is it so difficult to accept a powersource not made by yourself??? It is only becoming more stupid.

Hmm... well if that was the case in the real world we'd probably still be using steam power for everything. Just because it works for a, b and c doesn't mean it will be as useful for x, y and z. BC MJs have been reliable and useful for unimaginably countless things but it has it's problems. MJs are moving towards "work in potential" (kenetic energy, kenesis pipes) like the term "horse power" we use for any form of mechanical power generation. RF, IC2's power, and UE are all electrical power implementations. Yes it would be nice if we'd all agree on one but as long as someone creates a straight forward way to convert power. We might need an updated version of the power converters from Tekkit Lite.

It wasn't a matter of "Ew changes we didn't want", it's more like "These changes make MJ much better, but unfortunately the way Energy Conduits work they aren't compatible so we're going to make our own power API now."

That said, converters are unnecessary because conduits output MJs (Apparently that is possible) and Dynamos accept buildcraft fuel.

Simple reasons for TE3 having its own power system and not MJ. The conduits, as stated, don't work the same as kenesis pipes. And BC MJ system has been changed and is now much harder to use in other mods. And by much harder, I mean pull your own hair out kinda hard. I've chatted with a few mod makers about it already.

2 mods, that I know for sure, have MJ --> RF conversion support. Power Converters mod, and Engineer's Toolbox mod. Engineer's Toolbox only has 1 block that does MJ --> RF conversion, the rest is pure RF. Power Converters mod just does power conversion and management, nothing else is really needed. But, one of those might be nice for storing power from BC engines. Though kinda not needed with TE3 engines being able to completely replace the BC equivelant, except for redstone engines.

The comment I posted about uranium ore generation is not a question, but a statement of how things look after doing some testing in creative. COFH custom ore generator has a hard time with uranium. Simple as that. Enabling it in the atomic science config works, so does adjusting the block id in the cofh world gen config.

I get it, I guess bye bye MJ...

Too bad tho, I loved the engines just because of their awsum animation when working...

but ehh, does anyone know how to do this?

I want my Induction smelter to output a different kind of bronze (Thermal Expansion Bronze?), because it now outputs Tinker Alloy's ingot from Tinker's Construct (it works just like bronze but I don't like the name :c). Where do I change that?