Help Test Tekkit 1.2.5c (1.6.4, FINALLY!)

Skuli

i just encountered a serious bug.. Galacticraft is using the same Dimension ID (-28) as some other mod that i cant identify. I think its Dimensional Doors. but im really not sure. In any case, it ruins your entire world if it happens :/

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to register dimension for id -28, One is already registered

at net.minecraftforge.common.DimensionManager.registerDimension(DimensionManager.java:127)

at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.network.GCCorePacketHandlerClient.onPacketData(GCCorePacketHandlerClient.java:398)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkRegistry.handlePacket(NetworkRegistry.java:255)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkRegistry.handleCustomPacket(NetworkRegistry.java:245)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handlePacket250Packet(FMLNetworkHandler.java:85)

at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.NetClientHandler.func_72501_a(NetClientHandler.java:1651)

at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet250CustomPayload.func_73279_a(SourceFile:61)

at net.minecraft.network.TcpConnection.func_74428_b(TcpConnection.java:462)

at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.NetClientHandler.func_72551_d(NetClientHandler.java:281)

at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.GuiConnecting.func_73876_c(GuiConnecting.java:51)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1580)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:910)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:838)

at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

I believe this is an artifact from the initial test releases. Delete the dim_-28.txt file from your dimensiondoors save folder. Dimensional Doors seems to have created dimension -28, and then at some point afterwards Galacticraft is attempting to load it as a planet.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dimensional doors causes all sorts of problems :/ When I made my modpack I removed it and never experienced another crash again <_< >_> Just sayin o:

The version of dimension doors currently in the mod has several bugs, particularly on server setups. StevenRS11 is working very hard to get any remaining bugs ironed out!

What is with the tiles? There are so many of them and idk where the tile entities are coming from...

13:40:07 [iNFO] Uptime: 6 minutes 48 seconds

13:40:07 [iNFO] Current TPS = 20

13:40:07 [iNFO] Maximum memory: 4,087 MB.

13:40:07 [iNFO] Allocated memory: 231 MB.

13:40:07 [iNFO] Free memory: 199 MB.

13:40:07 [iNFO] World "Tekkit": 772 chunks, 352 entities, 5,186 tiles.

13:40:07 [iNFO] Nether "DIM-1": 4 chunks, 1 entities, 9 tiles.

13:40:07 [iNFO] World "DIM_MYST25": 5 chunks, 6 entities, 23 tiles.

13:40:07 [iNFO] World "DIM_MYST24": 4 chunks, 1 entities, 7 tiles.

After about 1 hr uptime the servers memory skyrockets to the point to where the java process runs out of memory and the server stalls, only way to get it back up is to kill the process via terminal.

I run all of the technic packs, and with 40 players online the servers can run great on 2-4GB of ram, however this build runs out of memory with 2-8 people online, please look into this.

We are working on our own modpack and we discovered there is a memory leak with Forge Multipart and Thermal Expansion, possibly look into this? By removing those 2 the server ram usage dropped from 1.6GB on start up to 600MB on start up and the client ram usage also dropped from 1.6-2.5GB to 700MB-1GB. I am not sure if this has been fixed or not but i figured i would throw this in here.

Also Deep Storage Units crash the server and use tons of memory.

Right clicking anything with a Flux Infused Wrench will also crash the server.

Players are unable to craft any power armor on my server, they are not banned and even with all plugins removed the problem persists.

Are you running MCPC+ as your server?

Any chance to add e.g the ICBM, Minecraft Chemical or DNS Mod from Voltz/Big Dig?

And is it possible to use only 1 Energy API, it's annoying that there is MJ, RF and the UE Mods having still a Interface for the UE Api (which is in my opinion the best, like in Voltz )

Thanks for the reply to my question before, and I am very impressed by all the work being done on this mod pack, just a question though, will optifine be mixed in this version? I am sorry if there is a reason I missed why it is being kept out, it just was a small pain in 1.5.2 to get HD textures working, unless I missed something silly.

Thanks for the reply to my question before, and I am very impressed by all the work being done on this mod pack, just a question though, will optifine be mixed in this version? I am sorry if there is a reason I missed why it is being kept out, it just was a small pain in 1.5.2 to get HD textures working, unless I missed something silly.

Well, its quite simple to get it working in 1.5.2 really, check out this post : HERE

However, i don't think it has been added, but if they do, i really hope the bug with microblocks turning invisible will have been fixed.

HD Texture support was added to Minecraft vanilla for 1.5.

• Discord Moderator

Installing Optifine in 1.6.4 is as simple as dropping the mod zip into your mods/ directory.

plowmanplow: how do you restrict what dynmap shows? I looked into that before but couldn't see how and searching google reveled nothing. My google fu was having an off day I guess.

Tr1n1ty: one option for you is the new redstone cable (even just one link) it converts between the energy types without issue (at least in the limited functionality I have used it in)

Famout: I tried for giggles tossed the optifine.jar in with the rest of the tekkit mods and it autoloaded for me, you might just try that

• Discord Moderator

plowmanplow: how do you restrict what dynmap shows? I looked into that before but couldn't see how and searching google reveled nothing. My google fu was having an off day I guess.

Step 1) Assuming you are using the "hires" template, edit templates/normal-hires.txt and set "enabled" to false

Step 2) Edit worlds.txt and only define worlds for the dimensions you wish to have enabled

Step 3) Edit worlds.txt and set the "template" for your enabled worlds to something unique. For mine I use "template: mainworld"

Step 4) Copy "normal-hires.txt" in templates/ to what you set in Step3 with "-hires.txt" tacked on (I use "mainworld-hires.txt")

Step 5) Edit templates/mainworld-hires.txt (or whatever you named it), set "enabled: true" and comment out any renders you don't want to use (i.e. "cave" or "surface", etc.)

Step 6) Reload dynmap

Well, its quite simple to get it working in 1.5.2 really, check out this post : HERE

However, i don't think it has been added, but if they do, i really hope the bug with microblocks turning invisible will have been fixed.

That would have been useful to find before! The guide I found before was a fair bit more vague on what exact version of optifine to use and I had to go though about 3 different 1.5.1/1.5.2 versions before one would not crash it! Still, thanks again to all who answered.

When things get a little more stable with this build I plan to update our server to it as well, very impressed by how quickly it is getting patched.

That would have been useful to find before! The guide I found before was a fair bit more vague on what exact version of optifine to use and I had to go though about 3 different 1.5.1/1.5.2 versions before one would not crash it! Still, thanks again to all who answered.

When things get a little more stable with this build I plan to update our server to it as well, very impressed by how quickly it is getting patched.

I learnt the hard way, if you do that with the 1.6.4 version you will break minecraft. Like I said I just added the 1.6.4 version it to the mod directory with the rest of the tekkit jars and it worked. no need to do any fancy jar modding

No sure if this is a bug or intensionally, but seems like the MFR grinder, got 200 tick delay between all actions unless u are within about 25 blocks of it. Cause i made a mob killing setup, that will get overfilled, and cause a big entity buildup very fast unless u stand over the grinders and watch them work. This will result in several 1000 mobs on a few blocks, and fps crashing hard.

I updated Atomic Science in Tekkit 1.2.2 to the current release (with dependency mods) and everything works fine now! No "right-click-crashes"... for now everything seems all right for me.

Updates:

Atomic-Science-1.0.1.13.jar

Calclavia Core-1.1.1.47.jar (needed for AS)

Universal-Electricity-3.0.1.25-core.jar (needed for AS)

Modular-Force-Field-System-3.6.2.9.jar (without updating MFFS I get a "missing function error" in Calclavia Core from the "old" MFFS.jar file)

I'm having a few problems with the updates.

When I click on a circuit fabricator connected to a redstone energy conduit it crashes my game.

The Energy cells do not work. I can have power being and the energy cell will store power but if I have a conduit taking power the energy cell the cell will not store power (Redstone furnace connected only and the energy cell output/input sides/settings are correct) and no power will go Into any machines. I can either have power coming in or out but not both.

I have forestry, Railcraft and thaumcraft 4 also installed if that helps.

Tekkit 1.2.3 beta will be going up shortly. This should be the last feature-changing release, a quick refresh of mod versions will follow soon after.

The major changes for this update are:

Removal of Atomic Science <- This is on hold pending updates

Removal of ObsidiPlates (CarpentersBlocks covers this functionality)

Added WAILA

Added Vending Block & AutoUtils dependency

Added MPS Addons

Updated Dimensional Doors

MPS Thermal Expansion recipes SHOULD be fixed, they look and work fine in testing.