Help Test Tekkit 1.2.5c (1.6.4, FINALLY!)

Skuli

Me and a friend have yet to get ANYTHING Thermal Expansion wise to work with Build Craft OR GalacticCraft. The mod just seems to not be compatible with anything anymore.

We were able to get a working energy setup with combustion engines and bc pipes and even merge them to a GC Energy Storage Module just fine.

Basically BC works fine, GC works fine, Thermal Expansion has some serious compatibility problems right now...

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AFAIK, Galacticraft still produces MJ, not Thermal Expansion's RF. Thermal Expansion should be able to power Galacticraft due to conduits ability to convert to MJ, but not the other way around.

Thermal Expansion doesnt even work with BuildCraft, engines do not connect to conduits and even the BC Kinesis pipes do not connect to Energy Cells.

We tried to connect Energy Cells to GC as well to no luck. As it stands there is no way to store energy as far as i know with BC as Redstone Energy Cells were the main way to store massive amounts of energy, and it does not work.

Thermal Expansion doesnt even work with BuildCraft, engines do not connect to conduits and even the BC Kinesis pipes do not connect to Energy Cells.

We tried to connect Energy Cells to GC as well to no luck. As it stands there is no way to store energy as far as i know with BC as Redstone Energy Cells were the main way to store massive amounts of energy, and it does not work.

Thermal Expansion machines and energy storage are incapable of utilizing Builcraft energy, but can OUTPUT builcraft energy.

I'm hoping to find a good, stable power converter to use, but currently there isn't much.

Galacticraft generators and Buildcraft engines cannot power Thermal Expansion power conduits/energy cells/machines.

• Discord Moderator

Missing texture with Redstone Energy Conduits for Output Energy

Looks fine for input: http://prntscr.com/2not5b

Output is missing its texture, like the cables not even connected anymore but it is: http://prntscr.com/2notyr[/quote

That's not how TE conduits work now. You don't put them in "output" or "input" mode. They are either in "connect" or "no connect" mode. The "missing texture" is just when the conduit is in "no connect" mode.

I've had a lot of luck using the Power Converters mod that that Samrg472 took over from Powercrystals: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1695968-164-samrg472s-mods-powerconverters-alpha-builds/

edit: Scratch that. Looks like the dev is having computer problems and not able to keep the code up at the moment. Hopefully someone else can jump on that. :)

EnderIO and Mekanism seem to have the ability to convert MJ to RF. This conclusion is based on forum chatter, I cant find definitive docs that support me. They seem to be actively developed (both have recent commits to their github repo.)

Mekanism seems to be pretty heavy with a lot of additional machines and items. The wiki seems pretty lean with missing entries.

EnderIO looks to be more specialized in the realm of item/power/redstone/liquid transportation. The wiki seems somewhat immature, but the content that is there is nicely done.

Found a very nasty RF consuming bug :P

As far as I can see, every Galacticraft item is sucking the max power (100 MJ/ -> 1000 RF/t), doesn't matter if it's idle or doing something.

That means 5 Galacticraft items consume ~ 5k RF/t and this is fucking freaky :D (and not to handle with power generation)

Another example: a quarry runs more than fine with around 200 RF/t so you can power 5 quarrys with the consumed power of 1 galacticraft item? Crazy...

Verified that EE3 currently is broken; minium shards are NOT dropping from mobs among other things, so I really wouldn't waste any time on ee3.

I have to say that I have been testing the new build and I have been getting minium shard drops. The actual minium stone does not make any thing but I was able to craft it.

Everything seems to work fine expect for one thing, a bug between Dimensional Doors and Galacticraft.

On my server, whenever a dimensional door is placed on the moon and then log off the server and log back in your client crashes. The server's fine, but the client can't connect to it anymore unless you remove the pocket dimension you created in world/DimensionalDoors. The crash-report says that it failed because dimension -28 was already registered.

Here's the error players get if they try to connect to server:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to register dimension for id -28, One is already registered

at net.minecraftforge.common.DimensionManager.registerDimension(DimensionManager.java:127)

at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.network.GCCorePacketHandlerClient.onPacketData(GCCorePacketHandlerClient.java:398)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkRegistry.handlePacket(NetworkRegistry.java:255)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkRegistry.handleCustomPacket(NetworkRegistry.java:245)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handlePacket250Packet(FMLNetworkHandler.java:85)

at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.NetClientHandler.func_72501_a(NetClientHandler.java:1651)

at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet250CustomPayload.func_73279_a(SourceFile:61)

at net.minecraft.network.TcpConnection.func_74428_b(TcpConnection.java:462)

at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.NetClientHandler.func_72551_d(NetClientHandler.java:281)

at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.GuiConnecting.func_73876_c(GuiConnecting.java:51)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1580)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:910)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:838)

at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --

Stacktrace:

at net.minecraftforge.common.DimensionManager.registerDimension(DimensionManager.java:127)

at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.network.GCCorePacketHandlerClient.onPacketData(GCCorePacketHandlerClient.java:398)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkRegistry.handlePacket(NetworkRegistry.java:255)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkRegistry.handleCustomPacket(NetworkRegistry.java:245)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handlePacket250Packet(FMLNetworkHandler.java:85)

at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.NetClientHandler.func_72501_a(NetClientHandler.java:1651)

at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet250CustomPayload.func_73279_a(SourceFile:61)

at net.minecraft.network.TcpConnection.func_74428_b(TcpConnection.java:462)

at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.NetClientHandler.func_72551_d(NetClientHandler.java:281)

at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.GuiConnecting.func_73876_c(GuiConnecting.java:51)

-- Affected screen --

Details:

Screen name: net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.GuiConnecting

Stacktrace:

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1580)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:910)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:838)

at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

Are there any known fixes to this?

Im looking at this right now. There are two things it could be, and I think the most likely is a Dimension Provider ID conflict. Try the following- go into your world save folder, and delete DimensionalDoors/data/dim_-28.txt

After that, go into the DD config and change the Pocket Provider ID to something else. See if that permanently fixes it. Its like a blockID conflict, sorta, but for the second, less known part of dimensions.

SO I noticed that the correction derive from modular force fields mod says it accepts both MJ and RF right on the interface of the machine, but it is not currently producing force energy if fed MJ in the latest version.

BC pipes show a line of power flowing to the machine.

Just thought it might be an oversight or a glitch from changing version. If it was not a glitch or oversight I would suggest changing the interface of the machine so it does not tell players it can accept MJ.

Found a very nasty RF consuming bug :P

As far as I can see, every Galacticraft item is sucking the max power (100 MJ/ -> 1000 RF/t), doesn't matter if it's idle or doing something.

I found that too. I tried running it through an energy cell, and managed to set the cell RF output down as low as 21 RF on some devices. So until thats sorted I have [RF network] ->[energy cell]<-- [galacticraft items]

with the energy cell set to input at 25 and output at 24. Seems to have fixed the massive RF drain they were causing.

I found that too. I tried running it through an energy cell, and managed to set the cell RF output down as low as 21 RF on some devices. So until thats sorted I have [RF network] ->[energy cell]<-- [galacticraft items]

with the energy cell set to input at 25 and output at 24. Seems to have fixed the massive RF drain they were causing.

This was happening before the update aswell i just used GC's solar panels to power its machines to avoid this. Although their power conduit has to be hooked up in the dumbest way possible. "Only 1 specific side of the machine will accept power" But it does work.

Hi

Its been said a couple of times regarding the empty DSU and me storage bus bug. Now ill say it again.

Connect a empty DSU with a ME storage bus to a network. When u put items in the network server or client will crash, and might remove some import busses. See now that doesnt sound so bad right, u can live with that. Well then let me specify even more. The bug happens when the network tried to store something in the DSU, and only with the storage bus, export and import bus works just fine, and it doesnt matter what priority the bus have, even if the network should fill other empty chests before this DSU, for some reason it still tries and cause crash.

For server owners this can really be a pain in the ass.

For any empty DSU, and a fast generating setup, like smelting some stone, and then putting this stone on the ME, this can very easily cause constant and instant crashes when ever this furnace and network is loaded. Normally when ever the player making the mistake joins the game.

I just had this happen to a server im on. I dont know how else to fix it, other than deleting the items causing trouble with MCedit, cause u cant get near it ingame.

So as someone else said, can we please get the extra storage cell addon mod ? So it would be possible to ban the DSUs.

PS: A fix for this have been made in teh AE rv14, but since it have been abandened, i dont see that getting implemented.

This was happening before the update aswell i just used GC's solar panels to power its machines to avoid this. Although their power conduit has to be hooked up in the dumbest way possible. "Only 1 specific side of the machine will accept power" But it does work.

The energy cell seems to be a good workaround, hope MicDoodle will fix this (if it's not config based)

Im looking at this right now. There are two things it could be, and I think the most likely is a Dimension Provider ID conflict. Try the following- go into your world save folder, and delete DimensionalDoors/data/dim_-28.txt

After that, go into the DD config and change the Pocket Provider ID to something else. See if that permanently fixes it. Its like a blockID conflict, sorta, but for the second, less known part of dimensions.

As I said earlier, it is aconflict between DD and GC due to each trying to registe rthe same world. This happens when any dimensional door / rift is created on any GC Dimension, DD will save this world to be registered on server startup / login in order for any dimensional doors inside that world to function. However, GC expects to be the only one to register its dimensions so it tries that without checking if that world is already registerd... thus causing that error.

Dup glitch with TE. Pulverizer right next to a Redstone Furnace (no pipes). Smelted a 2.5 stacks of Iron Ore, I was manually adding in more ore when the Pulverizer got down to about half a stack in the inventory. When all the iron was smelted, and the 19 bonus Ferrous was up, the Redstone Furnace was recieving an infinite supply of Ferrous. When I took out the dust, it kept refilling till I removed the bonus dust from the Pulverizer as it stayed at 19.

• Discord Moderator

One of the challenges I'm having is block protections using something like GriefPrevention on MCPC+. When protected, some blocks yell at the player about not having access/permission but allow the player to access the block/machine anyway. For instance, with TE2 everything worked perfectly. With TE3, most of the machines exhibit this behavior. The TE conduits, however, do seem to play well with the protections. I realize this isn't a Technic issue and it is probably up to King Lemming and company to play better with the event system so that the access can be controlled... but it'll make running a public server a lot harder until that happens.

The redstone energy conduit has the ability to convert the power from rf to mj, on my server we just put one link of the cable between the energy cell and what ever we are to power (like a quarry that uses mj) and have no issues. AS for use Thermal Expansion is only buggy if RESONANT INDUCTION is installed, it does break thermal expansion.

I realize this isn't a Technic issue and it is probably up to King Lemming and company to play better with the event system so that the access can be controlled... but it'll make running a public server a lot harder until that happens.

Can't you restrict access with the CoFH core friends list functionality, or is that only available on tesseracts?