Dinosaurs in Tropicland?

hek100

Actually we specifically intended for them to spawn there. We figured it made more sense than anywhere else.

But they dont have to spawn naturally. You need to use the Fossil Mod to spawn them. Tropic and Dinosaurs ? Not that good...

What mammoths do in tropics? I know that mammoths lived in frosty and cold places while the ice age

• Forum Administrators

But they dont have to spawn naturally. You need to use the Fossil Mod to spawn them. Tropic and Dinosaurs ? Not that good...

What mammoths in tropics? I know that mammoths lived in frosty and cold places while the ice age

Like I said in another post this modpack was designed to be a YouTube series. Now the tropics are even more exciting! Also haven't you seen Jurassic Park? It all makes sense!

• Moderators

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;

Technic has spread my dreams under our feet

Guys, tread softly. Because you are stepping on my dreams

Spawning dino's in tropic lands is every Jurassic Park-fanboy's hot dream. Don't go scowling on that, if you don't like the modpack, don't play it.

I'm annoyed at you who are blessed with heavy game machinery and able to play this, because my poor lappy can't take it :(

actually, if I could change anything in the pack, I would replace dragon mounts with animal bikes... no offense, but dragon mounts is insanely buggy.

still, with the bamboo from tropicraft and tropicraft islands, carpenter's blocks, and some darwin, I have my very own island of doctor moreau/Jurrasic park/freak show going on... it's an EXTREMELY fun change after playing the same nano armor quest for four years :P

end game goals are highly flexible, right now I am trying to learn how to shapeshift myself into an ender Dragon :P

• 2 weeks later...

I thought i'd just bump this topic rather than make a new one as it's related. 

While I love the dragons in Tropicraft, I found that the game was only spawning dragons in there, and no other mobs. There were mammoths on the roof of a tribe hut, teams of Brachiosaurus denting up the beaches and then that fun thing where I'd disembark onto an island only to be staring a t-rex in the face, that was invisible moments earlier.  I spent a long time hunting around and didn't see a single monkey or iguana. 

What I've done is remove the tropical biomes from the spawn info and just left them to spawn in the rainforest biomes, then refreshed the dimension and on reloading there were other mobs around. I still haven't found any turtles or frogs though, and I'm wondering if they are a rainforest mob and that's why? Is there a way to reduce the dinosaur spawn rate as well as restricting their locations? 

That's really strange, when I was testing through we were seeing a good mix of mobs, ashen warriors, iguanas, water mobs (honestly plesiosaurs were the hard thing to find), flocks of birds, and monkeys.  I think deactivating the pathfinding (which we had to do for technical reasons, because CoroAI is super crashy) might have made those mobs harder to find because they don't run around like they used to.

EDIT:  Also, yes, this is not a bug, I spent an afternoon writing a mod to specifically make this happen lol

That's really strange, when I was testing through we were seeing a good mix of mobs, ashen warriors, iguanas, water mobs (honestly plesiosaurs were the hard thing to find), flocks of birds, and monkeys.  I think deactivating the pathfinding (which we had to do for technical reasons, because CoroAI is super crashy) might have made those mobs harder to find because they don't run around like they used to.

I haven't had any time to play it since I posted this, but I started a new game in single player with all the biomes spawning dinosaurs, and it did also spawn iguana, monkeys etc (although no sea life - no stingrays or swordfish at all).   So I dunno - must have just been an abberation for no known reason.  One thing it may have been is that my Tropicraft world is all tiny islands with no large land masses in the area, so perhaps there just wasn't enough land for a variety of mobs to spawn? 

EDIT:  Also, yes, this is not a bug, I spent an afternoon writing a mod to specifically make this happen lol

haha yeah, I read that in another thread. Working as intended.  

• 1 month later...

I dont think putting the Dinos in the tropics was a good idea. First off there is the fact the bigger Dinos are breaking the terrain and making it glitch and you loss the ability to fall were some of the blocks were.. Second, there is the fact that the more Dinos that spawn in an area the less of anything that is not a Dino can spawn. This gives you a smaller chance to find that last iguana needed to get your scale armor set finished. Although i do like that i got the Dino meat to start my Dino museum and zoo.

I think that dinosaurs in the tropics are really fitting, and if you're having trouble getting 1 of any mob, you can always use a Reusable Safari Net, then spawn in a few of them from the Autospawner. I did that with sheep when I was low on wool.

• 11 months later...

Hey everyone ! So im doing a youtube series and we got pretty annoyed about the mass amount of dinosaurs there. There is litteraly over 9000 and we rarely find other then them. And the T-rex -es bug out and kind of spin around. A lot of bigger dinos are destroying blocks and we just cant enjoy being there. I would like to ask if there is any way to disable dinosaurs in tropicraft and or lower the amount that they spawn in there ? Thanks for you answers ! 

Youtube video of the tropicraft problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsRDZ9hHHw4 !!! after 12:37 !!!

I would like to ask if there is any way to disable dinosaurs in tropicraft and or lower the amount that they spawn in there ? Thanks for you answers !

​If you want to disable them completely, just head to C:UsersUSERNAMEAppDataRoaming.technicmodpacksattack-of-the-bteammods and delete the file with the name "World of Dinos." Then, the closest thing to a dinosaur you should see is the occasional pack of iguanas. Be sure to replace USERNAME in the file path with the account name you're using on your PC.

Hope this helps!

• 6 years later...