[1.1.8]Resilience Freebuild Server[24/7][Graylist][PvE][Survival][20 slots][Mumble]

ks7

Sorry about the delay in responding over the last day or so, I had some personal stuff going on yesterday. Anyway, the server will be down for around an hour or so later tonight, most likely around 1AM EST. This should explain why:

Bs1tK.jpg

In-game name: Hammytheham

Minecraft experience to date: I have been playing mineraft almost a year, it's pretty fun, and I'm new to tekkit.

Why do I want to play on the server?

Well I enjoy playing on smaller servers where you can actually interact with people. And I like the fact that it's whitelisted so I don't have to worry about my stuff getting stolen/griefed.

• In game name Eonalis
  • Age 15
  • Location Ohio,america
  • Are you currently banned from any servers? not sure
  • Minecraft experience to date been playing since cave games (first version of minecraft) and have played tekkit for about 4-5 months
  • A short paragraph on why you would like to play on our server Hello, I am eonalis you can call me mike. The reason I wish to join your server is because i have been searching for a new server ever since my old one shut down. I saw this server and it look fun so i thought "Why not try this server". So here I am wanting to join a server where i can build and have fun! Hope to see you soon Eonalis

G.Skill is awesome. Their warranties are great, their products are well priced, and they are reliable. I've had good experiences with OCZ and ASRock before too (currently running two OCZ SSD's in my current rig), and the new AMD APU's speak for themselves.

White-list application.

I.G.N: frizzbee99

Minecraft experience Up to date: about 8 months of playing vanilla, tekkit and feed the beast. im pretty good at wiring and "YogscastLalna" style machines

Am i currently banned from any tekkit servers: Only 1 but the reason for that is my friend blaming me for an attack on his house.

Why i want to play on this server: I have tried many times on many servers to not get greifed and i just want a peaceful and trustworthy community to work and build with.

• In game name - hjacker
  • Age - 24
  • Location - Ukraine
  • Are you currently banned from any servers? - No
  • Minecraft experience to date - a lot, however, forgot many thing since last play.
  • A short paragraph on why you would like to play on our server - I'm seeking a Tekkit/Vanilla experience, without millions of useless mods and over the top pre-made stuff. It's like playing single-player, but with people. I played on Xeon server, but it disappeared somewhere:/

I'm bringing the server down for a little bit to do some final maintainance before the switch to the new rig. I didn't finish last night due to unforseen circumstances (i.e me falling asleep while waiting for Windows to install...), so I'll be finishing everything up this afternoon. My goal is to have the server up and running by 7 PM EST, although it will most likely be done sooner than that.

I always end up falling asleep while installing windows lol. Hopefully all goes well with the transfer. Look forward to continuing work on my RP JIT auto-crafting rig when the move is complete.

Edit: Seems at 8PM EST the server is still down. Hopefully no unforseen problems have arrisen and KS is just making sure everything is well..

Side note.. Do you see a noticeable difference between SSD boot drives and standard SATA disk drives?

I always end up falling asleep while installing windows lol. Hopefully all goes well with the transfer. Look forward to continuing work on my RP JIT auto-crafting rig when the move is complete.

Edit: Seems at 8PM EST the server is still down. Hopefully no unforseen problems have arrisen and KS is just making sure everything is well..

Side note.. Do you see a noticeable difference between SSD boot drives and standard SATA disk drives?

You will see a quite a difference in terms of boot speed using a SSD, but on a 24 hour server that won't come into effect very often. The use of a SSD on a minecraft server is usually to increase the world load speed for players from what I have read, but I'm sure it has other benefits as well.

Yeah I was thinking more in terms of overall performance for general use. Not specifically servers. I was planning on getting a SSD for OS and games to cut load times. Then using my existing 2 1TB drives as media storage. Anyway hopefully the server will be up and better than ever soon. Cant wait to continue work on my project.

In the coming months i will be slowly assembling a new computer we already have the case. Its huge! hopefully I'll be able to run tekkit better and get on more without my computer messing up like it does. I am also asking for advice about good processors if anyone knows one thats relatively cheap and good please tell.

I am currently using a 256gb SSD for my OS and a select few games where faster loading is helpful, minecraft for example ( though really for most games you won't notice too much of a difference). The big thing I noticed was that windows apps were quicker and more responsive compared to my old 7200rpm drive.

Cloneco, while I'm probably biased when it comes to processors, intel currently has the lead when it comes to games (due to higher individual core performance and the fact most games are just starting to benefit from all four cores), but if you are working with a tight budget, AMD processors are much cheaper and typically you won't notice much difference between the two.

You can also look into overclocking a processor if you feel comfortable doing so which will typically give you a better performance for your money. The only downside is you will almost always have to buy an after market heat-sink to keep it cool, which is never a bad thing anyway. If you ever have any questions feel free to ask, always happy to help.

I am currently using a 256gb SSD for my OS and a select few games where faster loading is helpful, minecraft for example ( though really for most games you won't notice too much of a difference). The big thing I noticed was that windows apps were quicker and more responsive compared to my old 7200rpm drive.

Cloneco, while I'm probably biased when it comes to processors, intel currently has the lead when it comes to games (due to higher individual core performance and the fact most games are just starting to benefit from all four cores), but if you are working with a tight budget, AMD processors are much cheaper and typically you won't notice much difference between the two.

You can also look into overclocking a processor if you feel comfortable doing so which will typically give you a better performance for your money. The only downside is you will almost always have to buy an after market heat-sink to keep it cool, which is never a bad thing anyway. If you ever have any questions feel free to ask, always happy to help.

KK thanks we have a nice cooling system already. the case we got comes with water cooling and a heat-sink. so i might start with the overclocker and the AMD processor. thanks for the help

The server is finally up on the new rig, I'll be setting up some stuff so I won't be on until later, but everything should be good to go for now. Also, if anyone is interested, I've been thinking about running either a FTB or Vanilla server alongside the Tekkit one on the new rig. Let me know if there's interest in it, and I'll start looking into it if there is.

FTB sounds interesting.. I'd have to look at the Mod lists again but if i remember correctly its roughly equivalent to Tekkit..

I've played Vanilla and I don't think i could go back to it now lol..

In the end its up to you and available resources...

Yeah, I crashed it while using WorldEdit on something (I guess the new rig still doesn't like me changing 1 million blocks at the same time :P). It's back up though.

Sorry about that its for a good cause i can guarantee you will be impressed with the end result.

• In game name: War_Cookie
  • Are you currently banned from any servers?: Only one, but for a ridiculous reason. I did not actually do anything bad/wrong.(I can explain if you need me to)
  • Minecraft experience to date: I've been playing Minecraft actively since late alpha and have played on dozens of different servers with my friends and consider myself experienced with vanilla. I've only been playing tekkit since around summer last year but I know quite a bit about it and I am fairly skilled in some areas.
  • A short paragraph on why you would like to play on our server: I think this server seems fairly well set up and organized, and also appears to have a good community. I've been looking for a new tekkit server for a little while and Resilience seems to be a good choice. Hopefully I can make some new friends and just have some fun playing tekkit.

• Netherlord123
  • NH,USA
  • i am banned from a server because a guy gave me an item then said i stole it
  • I've bean playing Minecraft for 3 years
  • I have bean looking for a tekkit classic server that is free build but every time either there is no more space to build or i get griefed.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons