[1.1.8]Resilience Freebuild Server[24/7][Graylist][PvE][Survival][20 slots][Mumble]

ks7

Arieanna I would love to see a friend take it over. But in all honesty I want someone to take it over for good.

When I do return I want to concentrate more on my builds rather than the shop.

I guess my heart was never in trading :) So I really want someone to buy it from me. (x1 cake as stated) :)

I very much appreciate your kind offer of running it till I return though, and if you wanted to take it full time that would be cool.

But if you didn't want to that's fair enough.

You replied first so you certainly have the first say if you want it.

• In game name = DrCreeper189
  • Age = 14
  • Location = Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
  • Are you currently banned from any servers? = No
  • Minecraft experience to date = I've been playing Minecraft since a little after 1.9pre5 came out on a friend's account and got my own for 1.2.0
  • A short paragraph on why you would like to play on our server = I would like to play on your server, because I love tekkit and have been playing on my own private server with friends, but got bored quick. I just want to start a new adventure with more organization and people.

So just as an FYI to new players, if you build an eyesore of a shop in town out of gem blocks, fill it with trade-o-mats, and then never use it again, don't be surprised when the plot is cleared when you eventually log back on.

• In game name: ivo02
  • Are you currently banned from any servers?: Nope. None at all
  • Minecraft experience to date: My experience with minecraft is great, and started back in the early alpha days. Every day i played minecraft, finding new things, making new things, etc. etc.
  • A short paragraph on why you would like to play on our server: Good servers are rare. A chance for a good server is one in a million. I just hope, that i will have a good time playing in this server, and that the server, is going to be the "one".

I think Garrett was going to post something earlier, but since he hasn't yet, I wanted to let you all know that we're looking at other solutions for a currency system. I like that the new one provides a unified system, but I've heard complaints (and agree with them) that it's a little bit clunky. Right now I'll looking at a few economy plugins, but I would also like to find a way to place the same restrictions on them as we currently have (i.e no trading in condensed/ EMC generated materials for currency). I'm definitely open to suggestions/ ideas if anyone has any.

Without another plugin that designates condensed items ID to something other than the original products ID. And is still backwards compatible with current recipes. I don't see of a way to completely stop condensed material from being traded for currency. I know that some of our players have chosen to ignore/don't read the signs at the bank as it is and are trading condensed material anyway.

I have no idea if there is such a plugin or if it would even be possible to implement something like that. I've expressed my views to garret, but I'm wondering If a formal shop/market system is even feasible in Tekkit. The servers I used to play on in Vanilla had economy systems based on statistical availability of resources in the world. With EE and all the other things (mining lasers, and renewable tools/armor) That throws that kind of system out the window...

That's my take on the situation.. I'm at a loss as to how to fix it though.

• In game name: Chreaker
  • Are you currently banned from any servers? Nope
  • Minecraft experience to date: Have been playing a bit vanilla creative mode with some friends on a server, untill I found out about Tekkit. Played quite some SSP Tekkit since then.
  • A short paragraph on why you would like to play on our server: I'm looking for a real friendly server where you're almost completely free to build as long it won't bother other players and help other players build their castle/factory/etc. And this seems the perfect place for it.

I have done some research and I think I have an idea, Boseconomy.

That is a short demo of it. I think it would work great because EE wont effect it. It is based on the time on the server, with different brackets, etc.

We would also need to add chestshops I think to make this functional.

Another thing we could do (along with this) is setup a chest shop and players can sell items to the (admin) chest shop. Items that cannot be condensed (I think uu-matter would be the best).

Let me know what you think!

***On a side note: The "Bar" next to the coliseum was a project I started a while ago. If anyone would like to finish it make it look nice and produce beer and rum etc, go for it. or if you have better ideas for a building we can tear it down.

Just wanted to add, just in case anyone thought I was selling my shop because of economy issues that's not the case.

I do admit it was very annoying when I was active loging on each day and for the first 20 mins I spent making items to restock the shop knowing full well whoever just previously cleared out the shop had done so after spending 10 seconds next to a transmute table...

I wanted to get rid of my shop as my heart is just not in it and when I do get back I want to spend my time on other things.

Back on topic: not really had a good look at garretts idea. But I would be very surprised indeed if a solution could be found to make a fair and balanced economy when EE2 is involved.

I think all you can do is what is being done now. ie: keep any eye out for people abusing the sustem and strive to make it better.

I don't think a full solution will ever be found. Which is why EE2 is banned on economy servers.

Single currency yes, but full economy I don't think can be acheived. (unless you get rid of EE2 which is too high a price to pay imo)

ps: I seem to be getting notifications again :)

***On a side note: The "Bar" next to the coliseum was a project I started a while ago. If anyone would like to finish it make it look nice and produce beer and rum etc, go for it. or if you have better ideas for a building we can tear it down.

Awwww I was wondering when you were going to finish it. Anyway's, I could finish the building, but i really am not so good with ic2 crops, and due to school, and a recent internet problem, I am pretty much limited to the weekends to play on the server >.<

Anyway's, Hope to see you all laterz ingame.

- Jerrk

Back on topic: not really had a good look at garretts idea. But I would be very surprised indeed if a solution could be found to make a fair and balanced economy when EE2 is involved.

I think all you can do is what is being done now. ie: keep any eye out for people abusing the sustem and strive to make it better.

I don't think a full solution will ever be found. Which is why EE2 is banned on economy servers.

Single currency yes, but full economy I don't think can be acheived. (unless you get rid of EE2 which is too high a price to pay imo)

The economy plugins might work if we step up the enforcement of the rules pertaining EE. I do plan on getting a new logging plugin pretty soon, and regardless of whether or not I end up adding an economy plugin or not, I want to let people know that breaking the rules pertaining EE use in the currency exchange OR abusing any glitches/ unintended mechanics for a profit is a BANNABLE offence. As of right now, I'm looking at the Essentials economy stuff, since it's already on the server and it seems like it would meet most of our needs. It includes chest shops and a non item based currency system, and it's relatively easy to use.

• In game name: Awsomeman1227
  • Are you currently banned from any servers?: Not that I know of.
  • Minecraft experience to date: Played free since March 2011, Full minecraft since April 2011 and Tekkit since September 2012
  • A short paragraph on why you would like to play on our server: Well, I just really need a server where I can build wherever. Whenever. And to my heart's content. If you let me join, I would try to build a HUGE factory.

IGN: yugihomaster34

Minecraft experience to date: i have a lot of minecraft experience but i am a bit of a noob at tekkit.

Why do you want to play on our server? Because i want to learn more about tekkit and your server seems to be strict about griefing

which i love and most whitelisted servers have a great communite

IGN: karvin3n

Bans: I might be banned at SGTekkit, at least was before they changed to Tekkit Lite, because I built accidently on someones land.

Minecraft experience: Started playing vanilla in Beta 1.6 or something and I have played Tekkit for about 10 months now.

What am I doing: I would build a small house somewhere and dive into railcraft :D

Edit: Well I have been looking for a good Tekkit server for a while (and haven't found one) and now I found your server and I have to say it looks pretty good. I would do a railcraft item transportation system in my base and some underground rollercoasters plus the base would be a cool house in some island.

• In game name : Snawszer
  • Are you currently banned from any servers? : No
  • Minecraft experience to date: I have been playing since early minecraft beta.
  • A short paragraph on why you would like to play on our server: I would like to play on this server to enjoy Tekkit with nice people without griefing and have fun with a set of mature people that I could account on to stick to the rules of your server and build a ever growing world that we could call home. Also the server map is very impressive.

In game name:grey_specter

Are you currently banned from any servers? No sir :)

Minecraft experience to date: played some origional minecraft but tend to get bored in origional. Found tekkit and haven't looked back since.

A short paragraph on why you would like to play on our server: basically I want a fun server where I can learn tips and tricks to help me along in my journey to tekkit awesomeness. :)

I'll be taking a short break, 3-4 days tops.. I'll be taking a road trip to take my Uncles cat back to him in Arizona... Provided nothing goes wrong along the way I'll be back in 4 days or so. I'll have my laptop but be restricted to rest stop Wifi until I get back to Ohio..

Hope to see y'all soon again.

• In game name: CrazyDrLove
  • Are you currently banned from any servers?: Probably.
  • Minecraft experience to date: Since Indev, Tekkit for like a month.
  • A short paragraph on why you would like to play on our server: I'm bored.

Normally I wouldn't respond to applications publicly, but I figure it might help people to see exactly what I'm NOT looking for in an application.

On a related note, please don't bother applying if you're not using a legitimate Minecraft account. I really don't care how dedicated you are and how much time you'll spend on the server, I'm not going to switch to offline mode and expose the server to potential security vulnerabilities just because you can't be bothered to pay for a game.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons