Minecraft 1.5+

danidas

I would like to see minecraft redone in a decent programming language.

No matter what you recode it it someone will say your recode should be in a better programming language. Eventually the code wars would get to the point it is in some architecture's assembly code.

Yeah! Parking meters use Java!

So in theory we could port Minecraft to a parking meter then? Nice.

No matter what you recode it it someone will say your recode should be in a better programming language. Eventually the code wars would get to the point it is in some architecture's assembly code.

So in theory we could port Minecraft to a parking meter then? Nice.

If it weren't for the lack of opengl on parking meters, yes. This is the best use of tax dollars I've ever heard.

Great! Super-fast, non space-wasting Minecraft using the full potential of my laptop!

The only downside I see to that is the difficulty of modding. And also how (QUOTE Steve Jobs)"Fragmented" the community will be

Also: 0x10c's computers are gonna be Assembly. Anyone care to port Minecraft into it?

Great! Super-fast, non space-wasting Minecraft using the full potential of my laptop!

The only downside I see to that is the difficulty of modding. And also how (QUOTE Steve Jobs)"Fragmented" the community will be

Also: 0x10c's computers are gonna be Assembly. Anyone care to port Minecraft into it?

Even minecraft would get the "feature" of being specific to certain platforms. One benefit of java is it runs on most platforms: from Windows on a 64 bit computer, to OS X on a PPC based machine to Linux on the Raspberry Pi.

It means the mods will update faster, which if anything will cause Technic to update faster as well.

AND, the mod makers can work on bug fixes, adding more content, tweaking the mods to make them more efficient, re-implementing old features that were incompatible because of a major bug that would have taken too long to fix for the next update etc. instead of hurrying to update to the new version, which is also good.

Make minecraft in machine code!

Anyway, 1.4.6 will be out for new years and will have fireworks.

The redstone update will be 1.5 in Jan or possibly Feb

(Source MCF)

• 6 months later...

stop development? no way! 1.6 is just outside the window with new and awesome ideas! (mainly horses and hard clay) also armor is important, try and fight the wither or a bunch of blazes without armor. also without armor creepers can sneak up on you and insta-kill you

The only significant thing that's happened or going to happen in the recent updates is the modding API, which looks like it might actually get finished.

It'll probably be kind of a disappointment, though. I know Mojang too well.