[1.4.7]Technic Battles Redux[PvP][45][TBR: The Modpack] Semi-Anarchy/Factions!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My evening so far:

Me: Why don't you work correctly?

Alchemist Catalyst: Suck it bitch! I'm gonna give you 50 pages of error logs to decode!

Me: What if I try this?

Alchemist Catalyst: Have some syntax errors!

Me: I hate you.

I know exactly what I want it do do, and I know how to do it, so why won't it work? The entire reason that the dev build is being delayed is because the stupid thing won't return itself to your inventory/stay in the crafting grid and instead insists on being used up. (I'm trying to do that same thing that milk buckets do in the cake recipe, so that the buckets aren't used up. [This is because the milk bucket "contains" a bucket, so what I'm doing is trying to set the Alchemist Catalyst to "contain" itself.])

I think that you ought to ask Pahimar about how he did it with the Alchemist Stone in EE2. (He might have done the same with the Minium Stone as well, I haven't had a chance to play with EE3 yet.)

I know how to do it, I just can't implement it correctly. Also, the methods for returning the item, and the item minus a damage value are different (or different enough that it wouldn't be applicable in this case.)

/facepalm I'm trying to do the same thing milk buckets do but have the item return itself. Why don't I look at the milk bucket source code? I am such an idiot.

Thank you Andrew for white-listing everyone on the beta server and such (I'm assuming that's what you meant by the white-listing thing). I really appreciate it. I'll be on the server as soon as I can, assuming that I'm right about this white-list theory. Thanks again.

EDIT: It seems I was wrong about the white-list theory, since I am still not white-listed... I just have to say that you need to be a bit more clear, Andrew.

So it's all or nothing as far as anarchy goes?

Sounds weird. I think I liked Semi Anarchy better than both, but I'm ok with having them.

The issue is that people were blurring the line with semi-anarchy, so.. Yea. Also, I may open up the anarchy entirely, as it doesn't matter who comes on.

Not sure about opening it up entirely - that's just asking for it to get greifed completely. I would probably go on the anarchy server, but I'm not sure about it if it's a public one. Too many random people on an anarchy server sounds like it could end really badly...

Not sure about opening it up entirely - that's just asking for it to get greifed completely. I would probably go on the anarchy server, but I'm not sure about it if it's a public one. Too many random people on an anarchy server sounds like it could end really badly...

Alright, in that case.

If you want to go ahead and make it more public, you could make a shorter application for Anarchy, which should be enough to discourage casual greifers. Or a poll on the forums, that would be good