No Energy Condenser = Diamond Shortage?

Dr. Zuko

Hey guys, just wanted to start a little discussion involving the energy condenser and diamonds.

So in Tekkit when you reach the later stages of developing more complex things some of them require lots of diamond i.e. gears, assembly tables, diamond shards, EV pneumatic generators, crystal chests (yes I know, pointless but awesome :D), etc...anyways, as you may know that requires a lot of diamond and in EE2 it seems that was not an issue due to the energy condenser. Now I know that the energy condenser is OP and I am all for mining out my materials the old fashioned way, however, how will we be able to find all this diamond to make all this advanced gear? We all know finding diamond can be a tedious process at most and your findings may yield either a multitude or at least 1-2. So with the creation of EE3 and the exile of energy condensers, collecters, etc...do you think this will hinder the later stages of crafting more complex machinery and materials? Do you think the process will be balanced? If so, how?

You can still transmute things into diamonds, you just have to be a little bit more involved in the process rather than "Stick a bunch of stuff in a chest and diamonds!!!".

Hint: Try crafting a minium stone.

I might as well add that you could build a device to emulate the function of a condenser, if you're willing to go through setting up the autocrafting tables and whatnot.

Use the minium stone. You can turn cobble into diamonds, through a process

You can still transmute things into diamonds, you just have to be a little bit more involved in the process rather than "Stick a bunch of stuff in a chest and diamonds!!!".

Hint: Try crafting a minium stone.

Ahh okay, this is the first time I have heard of the minium stone; interesting, so there still is transmutation in Tekkit lite then. Do you think this will be as far as they go in EE3 (it is still in development from what I have heard) with transmutation? or will they include something other than transmutation to do a similar process? I was thinking of something along the lines of turning coal into diamond; it is a natural process that happens in real life as we all know (although it takes ages haha), but maybe a machine that can compress under high pressure coal into diamonds?

Ahh okay, this is the first time I have heard of the minium stone; interesting, so there still is transmutation in Tekkit lite then. Do you think this will be as far as they go in EE3 (it is still in development from what I have heard) with transmutation? or will they include something other than transmutation to do a similar process? I was thinking of something along the lines of turning coal into diamond; it is a natural process that happens in real life as we all know (although it takes ages haha), but maybe a machine that can compress under high pressure coal into diamonds?

Industrialcraft has that. Coal dust+flint->coal ball->compressed coal ball+obsidian-compress> diamond

As for compressing coal into diamonds, you can do that with Industrial Craft.

Industrialcraft has that. Coal dust+flint->coal ball->compressed coal ball+obsidian-compress> diamond

Alright well you learn something new everyday, especially with tekkit haha; I will definitely be building a few of those machines :D

Also, ee3 is in alpha. Condensers and emc will be back,

Really? Do you know for sure?

I might as well add that you could build a device to emulate the function of a condenser, if you're willing to go through setting up the autocrafting tables and whatnot.

I am guessing that this is a somewhat lengthy process?

Here is a non-EE way :

This is also an easy(ier) way of getting diamonds through industrial craft

> Get a Mining Laser and charge it up ( 2 + 4 diamonds for laser and mfs )

> Go to the nether, set the mining laser to LOW-FOCUS

> Mine the crap out the nether ores.

Unlike using a pickaxe, the laser will NOT EXPLODE the ore nor ATTRACT any zombie pigman

It will destroy a small % of the ore but you'd lose less than mining normally

Macerate the ores

> Each nether coal ore is worth 8 coal dust.

> Iron/Tin/etc are worth 1:4 ,

> Gems are 1:1+(with looting pickaxe)

There is an abundance of nether coal ore.

The mining laser will last about 2000 shots

Craft canvas bags for extra inventory space and go on ore hunting

(other metals can then be turned into diamonds)

One run from a full mining laser can get you at least 40 diamonds(5 stacks of nether coal ore)

with hundreds of other ores, including thousands of redstone dust, lapis and nikolite

Use the minium stone. You can turn cobble into diamonds, through a process

Also, ee3 is in alpha. Condensers and emc will be back,as well as the trans table

Condensers aren't coming back, actually.

And if you go down below Layer 32 in the Nether, you can find Nether Diamonds as well.

Just build quarries.

Diamond will never be the limiting factor with advanced technology.

What you will find yourself lacking of, however, is copper.

Easier thing to do is activate RedPower 2 Copper and Tin as well as IC2, so it's generating like it should be.

6 redstone, a stack of iron, 3 RP2 gems of a single color, 16 tin, two stacks of sand, and various amounts of wood, cactus, and cobble.

Make a BC pump, 4 redstone engines, some waterproof tubing, atleast 4 spare tanks, and a stack of IC2 cells.

Make a mining turtle from a turtle and a gem pick. It will work, though it cannot mine obsidian correctly (breaks block but no obsidian drop).

Make a nether portal (buckets of lava work great) and create a base by surrounding the portal plus a 5x5 space with cobble.

Have your turtle "excavate 1" to punch a hole down to the lava sea. Put your pump above that hole with the 4 redstone engines and have it pump lava into the tanks. Fill the empty cells from the tanks so you have a stack of lava cells.

Return to the overworld and find a patch of ocean you don't like.

Place the turtle (no higher than y60) and a double chest behind it, refuel it with the lava cells (and maybe some extra cells or charcoal for good measure), tell it to "excavate 32", wait and snag the results as it comes.

Laugh at the notion of scarce resources.

That should net you atleast 20 diamonds plus a ton of other ores and stuff. Bonus points for using a buffer and filter/sort system to send the cobble/dirt/gravel into an incinerator while the rest goes into a gold chest.

I just feel like stating this, because everyone has forgotten about one simple thing.

Have you heard of the Enchantment table? It has an enchantment called Fortune 3. It means when you mine an ore that doesn't need to be refined (Emerald, Diamond, Coal.) you get more! Thus, I have a good supply of Diamonds.

I just feel like stating this, because everyone has forgotten about one simple thing.

Have you heard of the Enchantment table? It has an enchantment called Fortune 3. It means when you mine an ore that doesn't need to be refined (Emerald, Diamond, Coal.) you get more! Thus, I have a good supply of Diamonds.

You can still run out of diamonds, as you need a ton to make various things, a MFSU needs 6, a quarry 7, a drawplate needs a block and a diamond handsaw, and you need way more.

I have chests full of diamonds and other mats from multiple quarries, and chunkloaded turtles horizontally mining the lower thirty levels.

As you increase your tech level, you should also be expanding your resource gathering as well. I've never been (minable)resource starved once I'm past the early phase of the game.

If you have several quarrys mining ore, that does not really apply. With several quarrys , enchantments really becomes absolete as it requires an effort to mine using a pickaxe.

If you have several quarrys mining ore, that does not really apply. With several quarrys , enchantments really becomes absolete as it requires an effort to mine using a pickaxe.

fire horizontal lasers a few times to make a nice wide tunnel, run through them, use a diamond pick axe to harvest the ores you want.

with fortune 3 i believe it to be best to turn nether diamonds, coal, and redstone into normal stone first with heat lasers.

you would need a lot of quarries to get ore at the rate that i manually dig them.

on smp i have not been lucky enough to find DENSE ORES in Mystcraft, but involving that would be the best way to get ores by far.

I set up a large quarry in the nether at like y100ish, power it with an energy tesseract and feed the results in to an enderchest, i have a sorting system at home to empty the enderchest recycle the netherack and i get a rather large amount of ore (especially at the 4:1 nether ratio) plus my normal world doesn't have a bunch of holes all over the place you can also gather obsidan from the lava if you make a water block from uu-matter first. :)