IC2 and other mods taken out?!?!?

mekanism has a mass fab? huh

Wagh wagh, I can't accept my machine that does nothing but make crap to make more crap is gone wagh wagh.

Get over it, you always complain about having too much crap so what did you even USE a mass fab for? You can use a damn minium stone to make crap out of other random crap.

Wagh wagh, I can't accept my machine that does nothing but make crap to make more crap is gone wagh wagh.

Get over it, you always complain about having too much crap so what did you even USE a mass fab for? You can use a damn minium stone to make crap out of other random crap.

So much crap that your mind had a craplosion.

Very mature of you. I use a mass fab to make ... more hv solars. ;)

if you guys dont want to 'get crap' to make stuff, play creative. Why do you play survival, if you dont like aquiring resources? Or go survival and use cheats or whatever.

Very mature of you. I use a mass fab to make ... more hv solars. ;)

if you guys dont want to 'get crap' to make stuff, play creative. Why do you play survival, if you dont like aquiring resources? Or go survival and use cheats or whatever.

So you make more crap so you can make solars to do nothing with instead of just using the original crap to just build something.

Anyone else wanna take a crack at why that's stupid or should I do it?

I use the mass fab to allow me flexibility. Do i want a building made primarily out of copper blocks? ok, lets do that. its fun to figure out how to make the machines run efficiently. In non-big dig modes, people would have to work to aquire resources to make... stuff from the toher mods. Combustion engines, steam boilers, etc. In big dig, you can make all of those things in a very short period of time. You cant put down 400 combustion engines, because the game lags (for me anyway).

what are you doing...are you still making cobblestone castles?

But go ahead, explain how the game is supposed to be played. YOu know this minecraft game is revolutionary because... it has no defined goal, no storyline. Unlike most games, you dont follow a path that is determined by the game designers, you can ... do whatever you want.

but xanthan here seems to think he knows how the rest of us should play the game? Enlighten me, tell me how you play big dig, and why MY way is wrong?

I didnt complain about too much stuff, i said that if you make a pack that gives you a lot of stuff, give us a way to USE it all.

I think youve been an idiot in just about any post you put on this forum. Grow up.

Isn't the whole style of MC, to play the game and acquire whole stacks of crap to make random things and physical builds of crap to marvel at the fun we've had playing with and building with said acquired crap? Crap Crap Crap. I like my game of Minecraft and I say each to their own. :)

Isn't the whole style of MC, to play the game and acquire whole stacks of crap to make random things and physical builds of crap to marvel at the fun we've had playing with and building with said acquired crap? Crap Crap Crap. I like my game of Minecraft and I say each to their own. :)

It is. But there are a number of forumites that seem to think that having anything left over after you finish building the full tech tree is a sign that it was too easy or "OP". I can't really claim to understand that viewpoint, myself. I say if you still have stuff left over, you haven't built enough! :D

I've said it before, and I'll say it again for this thread: just put IC2 back in. The IC2 config file is still there, so all you have to do is drop in the newest version. Then delete the IC2 api folder in Galaticraft because it will cause a crash. Then it works just fine. I use it on my 1.5.2 server with Big Dig 1.3.9 without problem.

The problem with IC2 is that it isn't feasible in the long term. It's not getting updated properly, and is essentially on life support. It's not good for the health of the pack to be using an unreliable mod.

The problem with IC2 is that it isn't feasible in the long term. It's not getting updated properly, and is essentially on life support. It's not good for the health of the pack to be using an unreliable mod.

I'd also like to drive home the point that we almost never get the opportunity to remove mods. Breaking worlds is not something we do lightly, removing mods always breaks worlds, which means that we're stuck with a mod after sticking it in the pack for a very, very long time. RP2 not getting updated meant we were going to break worlds anyway, so removing IC2, which will probably collapse entirely before we next get an opportunity to remove it, was the right thing to do.

Coming from someone who intially freaked out over the removal of IC2 (and to an extent RP2) but after putting in about 20-30 hours in the new version, I'd say the only thing really that I miss are the red wires.

I see a lot of people mentioning the quantum suit and sometimes the mining tools, both which are easily replaced by the Tinkering Mod and the Powersuits.

To be honest, I'm now glad the IC2 machines are gone, too many random explosions and loudass annoying machines.

Both things from the last 2 posts are replaced by MFR:

Red alloy wires: Rednet Cables

Basalt and Marble: Blackstone and Whitestone

Not the most obvious replacements without asking about them, but they are both there and do their jobs just as well, if not better. The large variety of options for Blackstone and Whitestone are a good example - there's plenty of types of them to suit your builds better.

The rednet wires are a little tricky to get used to, but they act like the bundled cables from redpower2. The precision sledge is used to change the "color ID".

Frankly I too miss the massive rooms full of cables strewn about.

Most of all... I miss this...

6Gzd9cah.jpg

As for IC2? I am happy its gone in a sense. You need half the equipment to process ore. No need for redstone engines and wooden pipes any more. No guess work as to what face does what and how to connect said pipe.

Frankly I've become a bit addicted to having TE and MFR. Thermal Expansion (TE) again eliminates the need for complex pipe systems. I use half the stuff that I did before. With IC2 I was using 10 macerators and 10 electric furnaces with OC upgrades. Now I'm doing it with 5 pulverizers and 5 powered furnaces. The best part of TE's pulverizers are that you get a chance of getting gold from copper. Now who doesnt like that?