Let's test Tekkit 1.1.5 (RC)!

CanVox

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Magnus.... did you erased a mystcraft age by any chance? i found out that if you erase a mystcraft age from the wrong place all new ages actually crash.

edit: one small question, are mods updated automatically on Tekkit main?

I'm asking because for a while now I've been reading several modes updated (inside the game in the chat) and the most recent one is Galacticraft.

edit: one small question, are mods updated automatically on Tekkit main?

I'm asking because for a while now I've been reading several modes updated (inside the game in the chat) and the most recent one is Galacticraft.

Nope. They have to be updated manually. (as in by the Tekkit devs in a future version of Tekkit)

i guess they'll just wait till all the mods in the pack support 1.6 and then concentrate on their pack and platform if they're not on it already. that is of course IF they want to support 1.6

The entire platform doesn't support 1.6

Therrs no way you can upload a 1.6 modpack atm

Not just official packs

Well what has to change so it's possible?

I know that all the core files get checked before it launches like sound, textures, etc. And Forge requires an installer because the average user is not capable of following along. They completely changes the entire file structure.

I know that all the core files get checked before it launches like sound, textures, etc. And Forge requires an installer because the average user is not capable of following along. They completely changes the entire file structure.

something tells me they dont enjoy new versions of Minecraft as much as we do xD

What fiasco....?

Id like to think they are just waiting to upgrade to 1.6..... Thats the hopeful me though.

Don't want to repeat it, nothing really important to me anyway.

Anyway, the RC is for 1.5.2. So What's the point of release a release candidate for an older version when you want to wait for another MC version? Then pull the RC and say that all updates will be 1.6 and forward.

They're being cautious and ironing out a few small issues that were identified by those of us running v1.1.5. There may be more to it, but I figure they know best what timeline works for them. Anyhow, it'll be nice to have this supporting MC 1.5.2 because I'm sure it'll be a while before all the included mods come up to speed with 1.6.

I admit my mod knowledge is limited to Tekkit, but it seems to me that you really need to decide if you want great mods or the latest vanilla version, because I don't think it's terribly reasonable to want both.

Just wanted to throw this in here incase no one else stumbled across this, though I'm sure I'm the last one to notice. =P

No more infinite Blaze Rods using the Pulverizer/Minium Stone. You still get 4 Powder from pulverizing rods, but the Stone no longer offers a recipe to make Rods from powder, so don't go pulverizing all your Blaze Rods like I did! Haha. Time to go catch me a Blaze!

Yea, I just caught one in a Safari Net and popped it into my mob factory. I'm sure I'll have a ton in no time.

Question for you guys here. I just realized that after I upgraded my server, the line of code in the login message that's supposed to activate Entities on Rei's Minimap doesn't seem to be doing it's job anymore. Does anyone know if this process was changed or just broken for the time being?

I'm pretty sure you need some sort of MOTD message to activate entities radar, as in an actual message sent to you by the server as soon as you login. Not just in server.properties. I'm pretty sure ForgeEssentials can do this.

In the previous version I was able to do it in the "LoginMessage.txt" file. It worked the same as a MOTD where it sent the server name, number of people logged in, and a little message I could customize that everyone would see when they logged in.

Anyway, I'll try ForgeEssentials tonight after work, I really should have installed that earlier anyway. =P Thanks for the tip.

So what was the working fix for getting the uraninite ore to spawn in previously loaded chunks/worlds? I changed the retrogen to true in both files(I believe there were 2 I needed to change), but do I need to change the block ID as well? I tried hunting down some "new chunks" and looking for the ore there, but it still didn't seem to be spawning. Haven't seen it in any of my old chunks either.