Let's test Tekkit 1.1.5 (RC)!

CanVox

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that rare, I've gotten 30-40 in one quarry. Has to he a post update Mystcraft age, or chunk. Also, on the 1st page there are two post about the ore, it's turned off by default for some reason in the config files. You have to go enable and you have to change the Item ID in the Atomic Science Config file also.

Ok, I haven't changed the ID, I wasn't sure if that had work, never saw a comfirmation on that one, but I'll do that when I get home. The correct ID is in NEI, right?

And damn, I'll have to create a new Quarry world. Oh well I'm sure I'll get something good out of this one either way.

And I want Uranium because I want to play with all the new stuff, not skip around. =P

but...but.... fission is ..... so simple......

and without explosion resistant materials a huge risk......

less than 3 mins and look at the huge crater and radioactive stuff.... xD

and i believe that source block of lava 'used' to be my reactor lol

Edit: after some testing ive concluded that my statement regarding the lack of explosive resistant materials is a fallacy. hardened glass just withstood 3 fission reactors going critical at the same time.

I was looking at all the DDoor and Myscraft "Worlds" I had in my Tekkit folder when i went to upgrade the server and I noticed they maintain the original world ID from when they're created(Age 175, Age 7, etc). is there a way to tell what the original name of an age is after you've renamed it? I would have no probelm just deleting them all, but I do have one that I use to house a pretty extensive Waypoint system with about a dozen other books linking back to Overworld, The Moon, other Ages, etc and I'd hate to lose that.

Well... i guess if there's no other choice I could just sac the structures and take all the books back with me...

prototype, what i did was get into creative mode and use the mystcraft book creation command with each mystcraft age i have listed in my saves. after a couple minutes i knew which ones to keep and which ones to delete. after this i ended up naming them as i wanted but leaving the number intact.

Interesting. What command are is that and how do I go about it? I haven't heard of this before.

i dont remember the command, but all you gotta do is type /help # (# being from 1 to 13, im sorry i dont remember the exact number. you'll find it right away cuz it says something about myst dim id.) after that all you need the id number of all your ages. just check your saves and you will find all of them listed there.

each time you enter that command you will be given a book to that dimension, so once you explore it and decide if you want it or not just go to the next dim just like the first one. once youre done just delete the files from your saves and the world will disappear, please note that the books and links to that dim will not, and if you use them again the world will regenerate. if you want to erase them completely as in even the id number you need some special programs that could corrupt your saves ;D.

Crashing about 20 seconds on average after loading SSP world. Only error message was "shutting down internal server." Unfortunately no error report generated. Computer is a Macbook late 2011.

I have a Macbook early 2012 so maybe I could help.

1 - Try to repeat the crash, do not load technic again,

2 - goto Finder/Users/youruser/Library/Application Support/technic/tekkitmain

3 - Look for a file named: "ForgeModLoader-client-#.log" where # is the biggest number.

4 - Thats the "crash report" post it on Pastebin or something then link it in a reply to this.

When you go into the survival inventory when on creative mode, it crashes without a report. It just says, "Shutting down internal server..." then closes the window. This could, however, just be my computer taking a crap, but it happens every time I try.

but...but.... fission is ..... so simple......

and without explosion resistant materials a huge risk......

less than 3 mins and look at the huge crater and radioactive stuff.... xD

and i believe that source block of lava 'used' to be my reactor lol

Edit: after some testing ive concluded that my statement regarding the lack of explosive resistant materials is a fallacy. hardened glass just withstood 3 fission reactors going critical at the same time.

What caused your meltdown, anyway? I'm in the process of building a decent size Fission reactor right now and I don't want to end up with nothing but a crater and radioactive waste! It doesn't look like Fission needs Electromagnets/Electromagnetic Glass, just a constant supply of water. I figured if I did 2 layers of source blocks I should be safe from complete evap and then I just have the whole thing encased in glass. Everything looks like it's ready for me to add the turbines and reactor when I get home.

Has anyone found a possible solution to the problems on Mac OS X 10.8.4 with Tekkit 1.1.5?

When trying to create a new SSP world I get two different experiences, the first is "Internal Server Shutting Down" the other is just a beach ball with the brown dirt background. I can confirm CPU and RAM usage aren't spiking during this period and cannot see to see any stack traces in the logs to indicate an error.

However SMP seems to run without any problems so far.

are there plans to add your own alternative to liquid storage?

Vanilla tanks and portable tanks are quite useful, but gigantic rooms filled with pipes and those ugly tanks are not fun, those take way too much space. unless I'm missing something where i can store massive amounts of liquid.

The Liquid Manager from Steve's Carts can replace giant tank stacks. 128 buckets/block, compared to 8/block for tanks. Doesn't look nearly as cool, but is massively more compact.

Well, i think i found a simple crash. if you try to use the hacksaw and a full project bench of stone brick slabs, and then try to cut all those slabs into panels at the same time using shift+ left click, your client crashes. dont really want to test with other blocks though.

Edit....i guess i found out why... if you cut 64 slabs into panels and keep doing it with the right click to get stacks you'll notice it does not consume the slabs but instead takes 32 PANELS to get 64 PANELS. its a simple item multiplier glitch. gotta try that with a diamond block xD

edit2: holy cow, its even worse than thought. you can actually transmutate stone brick slabs into diamond slabs. terrible exploit.

The MFFS mod version 3.0.2.124 is pretty unusable as it contains a lot of bugs and a bad buildcraft <-> Fortron conversion rate.

I updated MFFS to 3.1.0.175 on the server and clients and now everything works smooth.

Since I can only second that motion, let me ask a somehow stupid newbie question:

Is there a way to update only that mod and still keep it easy for the clients to retrieve a working client version, don't feel like creating my own modpack just for getting this to work.

1 modification I did to the universalelectricity.cfg was to heighten the buildcraft conversion rate to 400.0 You cannot go over 500 here, because electricity consumption of the chemical extractors from the Atmoic Science mod have a 5 MJ consumption, with a ratio of 1/5 or higher the consumption on these machines drops to 0 rendering them useless.

With that modification done, newly placed coercion derivers use 2 Mj/t instead of the 10 announced. Still need over 30 of them to squeeze a little more the 60 J Fortron out for a tiny interdiction matrix, heaven only knows how many are needed for a force field, lol....

Just got a crash with something related to Steve's Carts interacting with hoppers on my server. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what the player was doing, but I'll paste the log to start with.

Was the player using a computer to control something, perhaps?

If not, then it seems to be a bug in Steve's Carts itself.

Was the player using a computer to control something, perhaps?

If not, then it seems to be a bug in Steve's Carts itself.

Nope, as far as I understand they were trying to get a cart to interact with a hopper to refuel it.