Let's test Tekkit 1.1.5 (RC)!

CanVox

Nevermind. I got it fixed.

I had to change the name of the old files from "world", "world_nether", etc to something new and update that in the server.properties file. Then a server restart had everything working again. Don't ask me why that worked or why I decided to do that b/c I don't know. But it's working now

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a random one. Even though I've given up on space until that "Lose health when you trigger a sealer' bug is handled, I decided to keep using the airlock frames as large doors as, well. They're perfectly suited to it. Has anyone else ever had one lock in the 'closed' position, as if it were receiving constant redstone signal? I've tried cutting all inputs, replacing the entire frame, and reloading the world- but every time I place the door in this one spot it seals. Kinda screwed over my garage, hah. XD

It's even managed to do this with bits of the frame removed.

And after I've completely closed the program, completely demolished the area with explosives, filled it in with other blocks, closed the program, and resumed. It's like something in galacticraft says "AND HERE WE MUST HAVE A CLOSED AIRLOCK!"

There is a VERY serious dupe bug concerning Deep Storage Units.

If you break a DSU that has items in it's inventory, then those items are locked in there. No matter how many times you empty it, if you break it then put it back down the items will reappear in it's inventory.

So I upload the new server files, update my client, and check the console to make sure there are no errors. All looks good. Then I attempt to connect and get this:

Is anyone else getting anything like this?

This is a server configuration file conflict. Copy & paste the config files that came with the tekkitmain 1.1.5 zip file.

Remember to delete the old config folder.

And rejoin the server.

-----------------------

Also my spawn is FILLED with lighting problems due to grey's lighting. Placing blocks where it was does not work, placing blocks where the lighting is don't work, even removing the mod entirely did not work.

Any fixes for this would be absolutely appreciated.

Also my spawn is FILLED with lighting problems due to grey's lighting. Placing blocks where it was does not work, placing blocks where the lighting is don't work, even removing the mod entirely did not work.

I noticed this yesterday on my 1.0.6 server,it wouldn't let me till soil blocks which were directly in front of the floodlight. Turning it off, tilling the blocks and then turning the light back on again worked fine though. Not sure why you couldn't put things where the light was, it works fine in 1.0.6 when the light is off and the 1.1.5 changelog doesn't list an update for it.

There is a bug with Makeshift Battery. I had i simple design where were 2 Tier 3 Makeshift Batteries connected in a row, one getting power from steam engines via golden conductive pipe from 2 sides and second transmitting MJ to machines. And sometimes MJ storage showed negative MJ value, loosing all stored energy. Another time, both Batteries was stuck at somewhere around 14653 MJ(of 80k) not able to store more. After i replaced them, it works as intended, but replacing consume Makeshift Upgrades.

Side questions:

1) It's only me or Diamond ore is almost nonexistent in normal world? And i have troubles finding enough golden ore too...

2) What about Uraninite ore? It's not spawning too. What i must do to generate it? Change Atomic Science config?

3) Without RP, the only way to create something like timer is to use PRC?

Here's a random one. Even though I've given up on space until that "Lose health when you trigger a sealer' bug is handled, I decided to keep using the airlock frames as large doors as, well. They're perfectly suited to it. Has anyone else ever had one lock in the 'closed' position, as if it were receiving constant redstone signal? I've tried cutting all inputs, replacing the entire frame, and reloading the world- but every time I place the door in this one spot it seals. Kinda screwed over my garage, hah. XD

It's even managed to do this with bits of the frame removed.

And after I've completely closed the program, completely demolished the area with explosives, filled it in with other blocks, closed the program, and resumed. It's like something in galacticraft says "AND HERE WE MUST HAVE A CLOSED AIRLOCK!"

Hopped on the forums to make sure I wasn't the only one and had done something wrong, glad I'm not haha...

I've got the exact same problem, but it gets better. If I add redstone to such an airlock, the spawner in my space station begins shooting out an Unnamed block with ID 601. An audio loop plays so I'm majorly confused.

Edit: There was a picture here, but I didn't want to spam area so I'll post it if someone needs it for any reason.

Found a major dupe glitch in single player using backpacks and the ME Computer system. I don't know if it is in multiplayer as I don't play on any servers and I have not tested this on any versions other than 1.1.5.

How to replicate:

Have 2 backpacks, with the exact same name, colour, item contents, position does matter.

Put both backpacks into the ME system.

Both backpacks should end up in the same stack on the ME network.

If they are not in the same stack then something is different between the two and the glitch wont work.

Remove both backpacks.

One backpack, usually the second one you removed will have its contents lock in. You can remove or add items but the contents will reset when you close the backpack.

Renaming or re dying the backpack breaks the lock.

Seems like this can be fixed temporarily by disabling the backpacks mod.

Found a major dupe glitch in single player using backpacks and the ME Computer system. I don't know if it is in multiplayer as I don't play on any servers and I have not tested this on any versions other than 1.1.5.

How to replicate:

Have 2 backpacks, with the exact same name, colour, item contents, position does matter.

Put both backpacks into the ME system.

Both backpacks should end up in the same stack on the ME network.

If they are not in the same stack then something is different between the two and the glitch wont work.

Remove both backpacks.

One backpack, usually the second one you removed will have its contents lock in. You can remove or add items but the contents will reset when you close the backpack.

Renaming or re dying the backpack breaks the lock.

Seems like this can be fixed temporarily by disabling the backpacks mod.

I have to ask, you ever professionally test software? but I think this a known bug not sure though, I have heard about it, and most servers will have protections for it I think, but good to know about it.

I have to ask, you ever professionally test software? but I think this a known bug not sure though, I have heard about it, and most servers will have protections for it I think, but good to know about it.

Was in school for software engineering, had several classes on testing software. Why do you ask?

Was in school for software engineering, had several classes on testing software. Why do you ask?

Because you clearly know how to test and report! You would be very surprised how many can't

"Da Fing is broke in'it... fix it yo! " is about the average and it goes down from there :-)

Middle managers do that, too. They expect their IT staff to be wizzards and magic it working again, or do the latest feature without getting a whole new box.

Well, yes, there's magic involved, but it's a whole bunch of blood rituals and nasty voodun under THAT hood, buddy.

Middle managers do that, too. They expect their IT staff to be wizzards and magic it working again, or do the latest feature without getting a whole new box.

Well, yes, there's magic involved, but it's a whole bunch of blood rituals and nasty voodun under THAT hood, buddy.

indeed i am one of those wizards that is expected to magicaly fix your problem.

Real life example:

E-Mail: The Mouse does not work

(the email arrived from a anon email account from our main production line)

Me: Checks around the area. There is aprox. 120 Computers. Emails back, gets location as a reply.

Computer was turned off.

Hi all. Gotta say im lovin the new tekkit and galacticraft ect ect ect brilliant work my friend.

I am having problems with the power armor and tinker table maybe u can shed some light on it as u clearly know more than me atm,

basically placing a tinker table it comes up without and color its just white and if i try using it i can still upgrade but all of the gui pictures are distorted. I do currently have optifine as the Fog and such things annoy me a little but is that my problem? i think i read that mps and optifine cause problems? and is it possible to move spawners in this tekkit? also r there lights?, thanks in advance and keep up the amazing work

This really isn't the correct place for this or if it is you have given us waaaay too little information to help you, yes optifine has issues with MPS remove optifine and see if you still have issues with MPS first,MFR has a tool to move spawners, protip it aint cheap, and there are like a dozen types of lighting options.

Hi everyone,

Having the lag issue with the lava... specifically while im pumping lava out of the nether. I've isolated my server lag to all the lava flowing at the bottom.

The solution i read on page 8 was to install Bukkit's Worldedit plugin and use /fixlava command to turn the flowing lava into full blocks again.

However I'm not sure how to go about installing this plugin... I did a google search and some people say install MCPC-plus (???) into the server properly to get the plugin which will then fix the lava... can someone point me in the right direction to install worldedit into tekkit?

Much thanks! love the mod so far... I think the server got to the point where we pumped out so much lava its finally starting to lag it out badly.

Does this look like the place to get an answer to an unrelated question? Are we now the worldedit forums, or some shit, like seriously, this thread is for talking about testing 1.1.5 and a moderate amount of sidetracked idle chatter about the quality of people who post here, your question at the very least belongs in its own thread, as it has nothing to do with this, and more likely belongs somewhere dedicated to the things you are looking for. They couldn't pay me to help people this dense.

I did a google search and some people say install MCPC-plus

Yet you couldn't just google your actual question and get an answer, one which by this point has hundreds if not more places with that answer.

I did a google search and some people say install MCPC-plus (???) into the server properly to get the plugin which will then fix the lava... can someone point me in the right direction to install worldedit into tekkit?

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/server-plugins.47227/#post-387782

once you've replaced your Tekkit.jar file with the MCPC-Plus file, run it once and it'll create all the necessary folders/files; after that, just drop any plugins (e.g., WorldEdit) into the plugins folder.

Much thanks! love the mod so far... I think the server got to the point where we pumped out so much lava its finally starting to lag it out badly.

then go to this post (though I gather you've already seen it)

Does this look like the place to get an answer to an unrelated question? Are we now the worldedit forums, or some shit, like seriously, this thread is for talking about testing 1.1.5 and a moderate amount of sidetracked idle chatter about the quality of people who post here, your question at the very least belongs in its own thread, as it has nothing to do with this, and more likely belongs somewhere dedicated to the things you are looking for. They couldn't pay me to help people this dense.

Yet you couldn't just google your actual question and get an answer, one which by this point has hundreds if not more places with that answer.

I'm sorry I have offended you TokiWartooth, my deepest apologies. I was not sure where exactly to put a 1.1.5 RC related question and saw a posting relating to my issue in this exactly thread (page 8!) so I figured I would continue it. I regret angering you with my silly actions of asking a question and not discussing something specific about 1.1.5's quality. While I did post it for everyone to see, I was hoping the person on page 8 would have seen my post rather than someone like you who believes this question should be asked in another separate thread.

Anyways to be frank with you Toki, I suggest you find a way to divert your anger towards people asking a simple question rather than attempting to insult their... "dense"-ness. These forums are for asking questions, answers, and feedback. What you are bringing to the table is not constructive criticism... just criticism. Acting kind will take you farther then the current path you prefer.

-- Weirleader, thank you for the suggested posts. You certainly live up to your username. Useful posts from responses like yours is why I can ignore and tolerate Toki and continue to enjoy these forums. It's all about you good guys!

Thanks ^-^

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/server-plugins.47227/#post-387782

once you've replaced your Tekkit.jar file with the MCPC-Plus file, run it once and it'll create all the necessary folders/files; after that, just drop any plugins (e.g., WorldEdit) into the plugins folder.

then go to this post (though I gather you've already seen it)

Update to my situation! Everything is working great now! all the lag has stopped. And in addition to fixing it, I now have access to WorldEdit and other bukkit plugins. :D

Thanks so much for the help Weirleader, you're awesome.

I found an interesting one. The EnderTank hit box is fixed in place and twisted around. Graphically, it looks correctly placed, but the hit box is not.

The valve hit box always faces south regardless of how it looks. It still works. You just have to click on the south face of the tank to see the valve turn.

kyr.png

The buttons on top are oriented as if the tank is facing north. If you place it facing east or west, the button hit boxes are at right angles. If you place the tank while you are facing north (i.e. the tank faces south) the button hit boxes look correct, but clicking right button with a dye causes the left button to take the color and vise versa.

f075.png

So not only is the tank hit box bugged, its bugged twice with the buttons wrong in one direction and the value in another. :)

I am having an issue with my tekkit server (using mcpc-plus-1.5.2-R1.1-forge738-B595). It is very unresponsive and takes up 100% of cpu. According to jvisualvm the method "buildcraft.factory.TilePump.addToPumpIfLiquid" takes up all the CPU cycles.

I tried to destroy all my pumps (which is kind of hard because the server keeps kicking me) to no avail.

Any suggestions?