Low Enderman Count

Phyroxis

Anyone else notice that there are hardly any Endermen? We see maybe one or two a day. Any mods affecting this? Or should I go looking for a plugin that affects spawn?

Hard to accumulate resonant ender, when there's hardly any endermen around.

If you accumulate a combination of 8 diamonds or emeralds you can make a Minium Stone (unless EE3 is disabled or not working) which can then craft an enderpearl from 4 iron.

You cant do that anymore in 1.2.7.

You can find ExtraUtilities ender lily seeds to farm ender pearls though.

You cant do that anymore in 1.2.7.

You can find ExtraUtilities ender lily seeds to farm ender pearls though.

I am running 1.2.7b and I can use the minium stone to make ender pearls just fine. Why should it not work?

If you are not into hunting for them, the peaceful table will generate ender pearls at a slow rate (along with lots of "lesser" mob drops). It only works in peaceful difficulty, though.

Ender Lilies do work, if you find enough seeds in dungeon chests. They take an ingame month to mature on soil, and about a week on end stone. They always drop one seed when harvested, so no multiplication is possible.

Ender lilies do indeed drop more then 1 seed if planted on endstone.  But the chance is VERY low.  maybe 1 out of 50 will drop an extra seed.  just remember to treat them like cactus.  don't plant then close together or they will destroy the drops from the ones next to them.

Do some DimDoors dungeon spelunking, find enough World Thread to craft 2-3 Rift Signatures. Crate couple rifts right next to each other and voila! An Enderman farm.

This could work nicely. And unless something changed, as rift clusters deztroy blocks they can drop more threads to make even bigger clusters!

How to craft the minium stone: Get 8 diamonds or emeralds, burn them in a calcinator with normal furnace fuel, you get minium dust. Craft a glass bell and an aludel, put the bell on top of the aludel. Craft an Inert stone, put it in the top slot of the aludel's GUI, put your height minium dust in the middle slot. Add furnace fuel (it will only count as burning one item, so you don't need to put a coal, just some sapplings or planks. Enjoy your new Minium Stone ! As stated above, you can craft an ender pearl by putting four iron ingots and the stone in a crafting table. The stone is also useful to get obsidian, and basically convert a lot of wood into diamonds

you could also use mystcraft to generate an ocean of resonant ender and pump it into a tank or tesseract (thats what I did :))

hehe I did that too, who cares it is is seriously unstable, only need it long enough to fill your tanks

at the time you have the 2 autospawners and the power to support them, you might not bother about ender pearls any longer :)

but still a possible solution ;)

Say what?

My powerplant produce 19.200RF/tic and I'm still in huge need of endereyes. I must realy have missed something here or you my friend doesn't go for big builds in Tekkit. ;)

In the last version of Tekkit I hade over 100k of every ore in the game but still I ended upp running the autospawner everynow and then cause I needed something from mobdrop. :)

I just had the original comment in mind which was that it's hard to find enderman for their pearls for making resonant ender out of it...

My suggestion was, that you only do that in early game and use the pearls for other things in later game...

but you reminded me what I wanted to try when I get home... (mob essence ocean xD)

Endermen have a higher spawn rate in the desert. Since it doesn't rain there, rain being on of the major weaknesses of Endermen.

It's not really the spawnrate thats affected, its the number of enderman that constantly teleport until they either die or end up hidden in a cave.