I was watching one of Chimney's Attack of the Bteam videos and when he went into his storage system, he had like 350+ enderpearls! How did he get that much? Did he just use a looting sword or is there some kind of enderman farm? I believe he said that they haven't gotten to the end yet so there couldn't be an endermen farm there. I need enderpearls for many things like the reusable safari balls. Thanks for your help.

I get my enderpearls with a "simple" setup in the end.

Place 2 Aqueous Accumulator in a waterpool and ontop of each i place a steamturbine from MFR.

On version 1.0.8 is generates RF without any more to do...

(not sure about older/newer versions)

After having this infinite powersetup running, i tend to lure the endermen infront of a grinder from MFR.

The output is piped with itemducts into some chests.

Alot of enderpearls in a few minutes... ;)

2014-03-09_00.16.52.png

The End should be your preferred dimension for this, but "Omnious Woods" will work too.

Edited by Lumpous

I use an mfr autospawner and grinder setup with a safari netted enderman. Voila! Endless pearls :-)

Same setup...although i made my room a tad to small and sometimes they spawn outside the room :P. On my server enderman seem to have a next to nil spawn and yes I am exaggerating because I just can't find them.

Although I must say, clever usage of the steam turbine and aqueous accumulator. To be honest I didn't even know that existed. 

I use an mfr autospawner and grinder setup with a safari netted enderman. Voila! Endless pearls :-)

Same setup...although i made my room a tad to small and sometimes they spawn outside the room :P. On my server enderman seem to have a next to nil spawn and yes I am exaggerating because I just can't find them.

Although I must say, clever usage of the steam turbine and aqueous accumulator. To be honest I didn't even know that existed. 

How to setup? I'm fairly new to MFR, this is my first time ever playing a mod pack with it. I would use auto spawner that goes to grinder but you need mob essence first so.... what's the best (or working as far as I'm concerned) setup?

How to setup? I'm fairly new to MFR, this is my first time ever playing a mod pack with it. I would use auto spawner that goes to grinder but you need mob essence first so.... what's the best (or working as far as I'm concerned) setup?

Well that is actually a good setup, Auto-Sapwner, Grinder, Power, Reusable Net for your mob and it does require mob essence to get a jump start to the system. But you can take care of that by getting an XP Extractor, and extract your levels, by having an empty bucket in your inventory and then fill the spawner. Generally if you get enough to jump start it, you could potentially get a self-sustaining system.

Edited by HalestormXV

Well that is actually a good setup, Auto-Sapwner, Grinder, Power, Reusable Net for your mob and it does require mob essence to get a jump start to the system. But you can take care of that by getting an XP Extractor, and extract your levels, by having an empty bucket in your inventory and then fill the spawner. Generally if you get enough to jump start it, you could potentially get a self-sustaining system.

Ok cool. So it has to be a reusable net? I have an enderman in a single-use safari net. I'll have to go hunt down some endermen for enough pearls to make the reusable one

Anyone know what the room size is for the auto spawner?

IIRC, it has the same spawn range as a vanilla spawner. Normally I use 9x9x5 for those, but since endermen are so tall, you probably want to take an extra layer off the floor and  ceiling and go 9x9x7.

Just remember not to try to use water to flush them out. <_<

Place 2 Aqueous Accumulator in a waterpool and ontop of each i place a steamturbine from MFR.

Wow. That beats the tar out of my overly complicated Grinder+Planter+Furnace+Steam Dynamo tree farm method. Nice!

Well that is actually a good setup, Auto-Sapwner, Grinder, Power, Reusable Net for your mob and it does require mob essence to get a jump start to the system. But you can take care of that by getting an XP Extractor, and extract your levels, by having an empty bucket in your inventory and then fill the spawner. Generally if you get enough to jump start it, you could potentially get a self-sustaining system

Is that possible? The Auto-Spawner takes 150 mob essence to spawn a mob, and grinding a mob only gives you 100. How do you get around that to make it self sustaining?

When I made my wither skeleton auto-spawner/grinder  (4 hours and 0 skulls...), I had to build it next to a Zombie Spawner I found under one of those big "burning man" hay effigies. I built a kill chamber around the zombies, fed them to the grinder, and used them to fuel the auto-spawner. It's the only way I could think of to make it self-running.

IIRC, it has the same spawn range as a vanilla spawner. Normally I use 9x9x5 for those, but since endermen are so tall, you probably want to take an extra layer off the floor and  ceiling and go 9x9x7.

Just remember not to try to use water to flush them out. <_<

Conveyor belts? And by 9x9x7 you mean 9 length, 9 width, and 7 height correct? Because normally it's lhw but it seems you had it lwh so just making sure. 

• 1 month later...

just a note for MFR Steam Turbines, they have been fixed in the latest update and now actually require steam as intended.. I've been using the same steam turbine "exploit" in Monster..

I know it's unrelated to the topic, but seems that those turbines are completely useless on Attack of The B-Team since there is no way to create steam.. 

Oh and for ender pearls, at beginning I look for those weird Purple mobs with long arms and legs that also drop ender pearls, they don't fight you even if you attack them and often drop 2 pearls, at least from my experience..

I'm still looking for a good source of mob essence, all methods I know don't produce fast enough for my liking :P (Using regular spawners, slime liquid..cursed earth on other mod packs, etc..)

Sry for small digressions I made.. I hope post is still relevant to topic in some ways.. 

Edited by AlexChip

Wow, guessing that thread popped up on a google search or something.  Those turbines were still going full steam (lol) when this thread was made which is why you see so much mention of them here.

Oh and for ender pearls, at beginning I look for those weird Purple mobs with long arms and legs that also drop ender pearls, they don't fight you even if you attack them and often drop 2 pearls, at least from my experience..

You can also farm those with wheat, FYI.  It's a very easy way to get many early enderpearls.

It was related to his post that I quoted, the "wierd purple mobs" that you find scattered around with the pokemon looking mobs, you can breed them with each other or any of those pokemonesque ones using wheat to create hybrids - there's a random factor but they take most of their 'gene' information from their parents (so two 'purple mobs' will usually make a near identical third purple mob).

If you haven't tried breeding those things together yet you really should :)  You can get them with traits anything from attacking enemies to attacking you or burning in sunlight or water and even change what/how much item they drop when killed (through many generations).

It was related to his post that I quoted, the "wierd purple mobs" that you find scattered around with the pokemon looking mobs, you can breed them with each other or any of those pokemonesque ones using wheat to create hybrids - there's a random factor but they take most of their 'gene' information from their parents (so two 'purple mobs' will usually make a near identical third purple mob).

If you haven't tried breeding those things together yet you really should :)  You can get them with traits anything from attacking enemies to attacking you or burning in sunlight or water and even change what/how much item they drop when killed (through many generations).

Seems you have done a lot of breeding with these mobs. Very interesting what kind of mob will be produced after generations of breeding.

Wow, guessing that thread popped up on a google search or something.  Those turbines were still going full steam (lol) when this thread was made which is why you see so much mention of them here.

You can also farm those with wheat, FYI.  It's a very easy way to get many early enderpearls.

Uh sry I didn't really have a good look at the dates.. Well I've been playing Monster mostly and Steam turbines worked with water long time.. Only fixed in latest update few days ago.. 

I wasn't searching forum that much, but is it correct that you can't generate steam in Attack of B-team?

Also thx for the info on those Poke-mobs.. Didn't know that :) Do you know in which biomes they tend to spawn most?